Date: 27-04-24  Time: 19:55 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 227127 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1175 on: 29 December 2018, 12:07:03 pm »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 29 December 2018, 12:40:12 pm »
Am i the only one who hasn't got a clue what Brexit means or what it's all about?
I don't believe i am.
I'll still be going to the same job if/when it happens, still get taxed beyond belief, and all politicians will still be lying bullshitting useless cunts.
Same as whenever we see a new prime minister, a thankless job which you take on to then be traditionally shot down from, a lot like the England football manager. (you can't say a word about that VNA, you have the Scottish team, lol)

And no matter how much you talk or argue about it, we will still get mugged off somehow, no matter what the result is......which as far as i can gather, we had a vote, and we're leaving Europe, so we supposedly don't have to put up with their dickhead rules and decisions.
My main gripe so far is that my local is a Wetherspoons pub and the stubborn political bellend has replaced very fine French Brandy with crass American and Australian liquid earwax just to make HIS point. That's just wrong, that's like making McDonald's a vegan eatery overnight.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 29 December 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

I'll still be going to the same job if/when it happens, still get taxed beyond belief, and all politicians will still be lying bullshitting useless cunts.

Well you could say so.  After all BREXIT is a lie itself.
And no matter how much you talk or argue about it, we will still get mugged off somehow, no matter what the result is......

More so after BREXIT.  A weaker pound, rising inflation, a slump in inward investment, a sharp increase in manufactures leaving for the EU market that they came here to be part of.  Scrapping of EU employment legislation.  A hire and fire culture in a low wage economy.  The working class laid to waste again, the rich richer and ever more powerful, laughing all the way to their untaxed banks.
which as far as i can gather, we had a vote, and we're leaving Europe, so we supposedly don't have to put up with their dickhead rules and decisions.

Yes daylight headlamps, umm curved bananas and something about Dazza’s Great Grandfather – well these so far are the only reasons the LEAVE foccers have come up with.

The truth is people are pissed off, pissed off with decades of governments that looks after the few and fucks the many.  So given a ball they kicked it and kicked it hard – why – cos the few told em it was all the fault of the EU. You gotta blame something - you gotta tell the masses who they should blame.

My main gripe so far is that my local is a Wetherspoons pub and the stubborn political bellend has replaced very fine French Brandy with crass American and Australian liquid earwax just to make HIS point. That's just wrong, that's like making McDonald's a vegan eatery overnight.

Yeah Tim Martin is a dick.  My local Spoons has given up repeatedly putting their message to Theresa May poster up in the window.  The punters keep tearing it up.

Meanwhile of course nobody in the LEAVE campaign taled of leaving the customs union or the single market during the campaign in 2016, but give em an inch and they’ll take a yard.  This isn’t about democracy, it isn’t about the people, it’s about the few grabbing everything they can get.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 29 December 2018, 01:22:42 pm »

which as far as i can gather, we had a vote, and we're leaving Europe, so we supposedly don't have to put up with their dickhead rules and decisions.
Yes daylight headlamps, umm curved bananas and something about Dazza’s Great Grandfather – well these so far are the only reasons the LEAVE foccers have come up with.

You can add cheaper food and drink to that list now by removing EU tariffs.
And so far all VNA cares about is scottish exports of whisky.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 29 December 2018, 01:30:51 pm »

Single market Fazersharp.  28 countries trading as one.  There are no tariffs.  Further we have free trade access to a further 50 countries via EU free trade agreements. 

If we do a NO DEAL (which parliament should act to prevent) then we loose all that.  The pound will slump, import and export costs will rise, everybody in business will be drowning in customs bureaucracy and according to even your favoured economist our manufacturing industry will be trashed.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 29 December 2018, 02:04:18 pm »
Am i the only one who hasn't got a clue what Brexit means or what it's all about?
I don't believe i am.
No you're not the only one. Far from it. There's loads of people who either don't know or don't care about it.
To condense it into a nutshell....Remainers tell lies, Leavers tell the truth, The EU is rotten to the core and we're coming out :woot

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 29 December 2018, 02:29:57 pm »
Single market Fazersharp.  28 countries trading as one.  There are no tariffs.  Further we have free trade access to a further 50 countries via EU free trade agreements. 

If we do a NO DEAL (which parliament should act to prevent) then we loose all that. 

Rubbish.We will trade on WTO rules that set maximum tariffs BUT allow any member to set any amount of low (including ZERO) tariffs.The EU tariffs I was referring to are not EU to EU ones because they do not exist I was Obviously referring the ones that you have conveniently ignored which is the rest of the world. Currently within the EU we HAVE to apply what is called The Common Customs Tariff to the rest of the world which varies depending on the goods involved - anything from 0-36%.Leaving on WTO rules means that we can set our own which can be zero if we chose. 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 29 December 2018, 03:15:21 pm »
Leavers tell the truth,
I'm sorry. I've just split my sides laughing  :rollin

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 29 December 2018, 03:24:43 pm »
Rubbish.We will trade on WTO rules that set maximum tariffs BUT allow any member to set any amount of low (including ZERO) tariffs.The EU tariffs I was referring to are not EU to EU ones because they do not exist I was Obviously referring the ones that you have conveniently ignored which is the rest of the world. Currently within the EU we HAVE to apply what is called The Common Customs Tariff to the rest of the world which varies depending on the goods involved - anything from 0-36%.Leaving on WTO rules means that we can set our own which can be zero if we chose.
If only it was as simple as that......
If you make your import tariffs very low or zero, other countries will flood you with cheap goods. This will wreck your home production and also other exporting countries will take retaliatory action. We're not just talking foodstuffs here. It's also not just about the duty rate. It's also about import caps, inward processing and most important of all exports.
This is why we have trade deals....

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 29 December 2018, 03:35:29 pm »
If you make your import tariffs very low or zero, other countries will flood you with cheap goods
So we would be flooded with cheap Japanese whisky.  And the UK's biggest food and drink export Scotch Whisky, a 4 billion plus a year industry, would be destroyed. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 29 December 2018, 03:39:40 pm »
If only it was as simple as that......
If you make your import tariffs very low or zero, other countries will flood you with cheap goods. This will wreck your home production
We are talking about food/drink goods that we import because we can not grow them here so it wont wreck home production.
And by your own words it will only wreck production of sweeds and turnips. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 29 December 2018, 03:41:52 pm »
If you make your import tariffs very low or zero, other countries will flood you with cheap goods
So we would be flooded with cheap Japanese whisky.  And the UK's biggest food and drink export Scotch Whisky, a 4 billion plus a year industry, would be destroyed. 
Great, why should we care about that.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 29 December 2018, 04:17:14 pm »
We are talking about food/drink goods that we import because we can not grow them here so it wont wreck home production. And by your own words it will only wreck production of sweeds and turnips.

Not forgetting Dazza's plonk.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 29 December 2018, 04:25:56 pm »

So basically, you are with Professor Minford, who stands alone as an economist, and wish to see the destruction of UK industry. 
What you are saying is that LEAVERS want a NO DEAL BREXIT so you can destroy this great country of ours.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 29 December 2018, 05:34:05 pm »
Just to point out again :
1. Not all Leavers (by any means) want a No Deal Brexit
2. There isn't going to be a No Deal Brexit, no matter how much they want it, because
3. Parliament will decide what to do next

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 29 December 2018, 05:54:12 pm »
so you can destroy this great country of ours.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin This from the man who doesn't want to be a part of this great country of ours.
 To the leavers trait list we can now add two faced.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 05:54:44 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 29 December 2018, 06:15:17 pm »
Leavers tell the truth,
I'm sorry. I've just split my sides laughing  :rollin
Good job it happened now because according to Remain there won't be any doctors or nurses left here after the end of March. I should get down there quick ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 29 December 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
Just to point out again :
1. Not all Leavers (by any means) want a No Deal Brexit
2. There isn't going to be a No Deal Brexit, no matter how much they want it, because
3. Parliament will decide what to do next
Seriously, am I missing something here. If Parliament votes down (rejects) May's Brexit deal in the second week of January and nothing more happens between then and the end of March, surely we just leave with no deal?. Without an Article 50 extension we automatically cease to be a member of The EU at the end of March don't we?.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 29 December 2018, 06:30:07 pm »
Good job it happened now because according to Remain there won't be any doctors or nurses left here after the end of March. I should get down there quick

I'm giving blood next week. I'll ask  ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 29 December 2018, 06:42:01 pm »
Seriously, am I missing something here. If Parliament votes down (rejects) May's Brexit deal in the second week of January and nothing more happens between then and the end of March, surely we just leave with no deal?. Without an Article 50 extension we automatically cease to be a member of The EU at the end of March don't we?.
Yes but that won't happen. If Parliament votes down May's deal (including any changes she makes to it) the government will extend Article 50 while something is sorted out. All the signs are there. The EU has said the UK can extend without permission. Amber Rudd (May's spokeswoman) is looking to get consent for other options (ie EFTA & EEA). Mogg and Co failed to get her ousted and have spoiled it for another 12 months. All of the opposition parties (perhaps apart from the DUP) have said they won't allow a No Deal to go through. So it's Mogg and Co + the DUP versus the rest.
So there is a lot of bluff, double bluff and brinkmanship going on at the moment on all sides.
All to play for in injury time.  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 29 December 2018, 07:03:46 pm »
Yes but that won't happen. If Parliament votes down May's deal (including any changes she makes to it) the government will extend Article 50 while something is sorted out. All the signs are there. The EU has said the UK can extend without permission. Amber Rudd (May's spokeswoman) is looking to get consent for other options (ie EFTA & EEA). Mogg and Co failed to get her ousted and have spoiled it for another 12 months. All of the opposition parties (perhaps apart from the DUP) have said they won't allow a No Deal to go through. So it's Mogg and Co + the DUP versus the rest.
So there is a lot of bluff, double bluff and brinkmanship going on at the moment on all sides.
Whatever happened to "No deal is better than a bad deal" 

The EU has said the UK can extend without permission.
Well of course they have because they are scared sh1tless that that 35billion is going to slip out of their hands.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 07:07:02 pm by fazersharp »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 29 December 2018, 07:30:00 pm »

The EU has said the UK can extend without permission.
Well of course they have because they are scared sh1tless that that 35billion is going to slip out of their hands.

And to put that 35 billion into perspective..A million seconds is 11 weeks. a billion seconds is something like 32 years....

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 29 December 2018, 07:49:33 pm »
It's a bluff (and always was) to frighten wavering Tories into backing her deal.

More likely they are throwing her a lifeline. There would have been far more in her talks with the EU than we are being told.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 29 December 2018, 08:57:13 pm »
Odd isn't it. Apparently, we Leavers are a bunch of thick twats who don't understand this business. But Remainers want another referendum whereby the youngsters, who have just left school and have no experience of life/politics/economics/social justice/war/poverty/work/finance etc etc, will bring them a victory.

Shame on you, for wishing to using the gullibility of youth to overturn the wisdom of generations of Englishmen

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 29 December 2018, 10:34:03 pm »
the wisdom of generations of Englishmen
Many of whom will be dead by the time the full effects of Brexit are realised