Date: 21-05-24  Time: 20:16 pm

Author Topic: I think its time to sell  (Read 5428 times)

SteveH41

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: I think its time to sell
« Reply #25 on: 02 August 2012, 06:51:31 pm »
steve
Ref overtakes...dont want to sound patronising but in any situation , its never safe to overtake any vehicle at a junction unless its actually making the turn, but even then some car drivers swing completely round as they are trying to turn around !Personally I never trust any other vehicle to do what its indicators are saying ....as for schools...well the driver could be looking for little johnny...sees them on wrong side of road where supposed to be, impulse makes them just turn !

Don't worry mate, lesson learned on this one. Will now ride with the assumption that everyone in a cage is out to kill me! :)

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 August 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
I guess I go along with a lot of what's been said about taking some time out before you make a final decision on selling the thou. I know the Fazer can be quite imposing, and, if the suspension is set up badly it can feel quite a handful, but they can be as easy to ride as anything else!
The fact that you seem to feel happier on the Hornet suggests that you've just lost confidence in the Fazer, and, if that's the case, then best to let it go.
Over the years I've gone from 600s to 900/1000s and back again. You don't need a 1000 to have fun, just so long as you have a bike!
In terms of value, a dealer would be putting it up for close to £4k if it's as good as it looks, but privately I'd try for £3500 and be prepared to be beaten down.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 August 2012, 05:33:59 pm »
FWIW, I've seen this bike in the flesh and it's a PEACH!
The fact that you can, doesn't always mean you should.

I NEVER watch Emergency Bikers for the emergencies...