Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:58 pm

Author Topic: White Collar Boxing...  (Read 2905 times)

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
White Collar Boxing...
« on: 13 October 2014, 11:40:20 am »
Partly inspired by this thread http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,11998.0.html , and also other circumstances... i thought yeah why not have a bash at that!
Due to injuries i've sustained in the past, i think i pretty much have a small window of opportunity to be able to get the crazy shit done, so grabbing life with both hands whilst i can :D
Here's my latest blog entry:
http://www.curzonweb.co.uk/2014/10/13/wcbl-week-3/

Got about 7 weeks until showtime.  Boom!  Quick promo vid i knocked up (requires the audio) :)

December Boxing Promo

Event will be in Camden, London.  Date TBC (will be either 6th or 13th December).  Ticket only event, if anyone fancies popping along to see what its all abaaaht then tap me up for a ticket
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 11:42:35 am by dcurzon »

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
Re: White Collar Boxing...
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2014, 09:51:00 am »
Saturday 13th December.  :D

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2014, 12:23:28 pm »
I understand the hitting the other guy bit.  It is the getting hit bit that doesn't sound like fun!

Er - good luck?

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2014, 02:34:44 am »
Fair play to ya. Takes balls to step into a ring

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2014, 08:55:43 am »
After a week of suffering man-flu and a few missed training sessions...  Shit just got real.  I now know who my opponent is.  He's younger (maybe 10 years) and is in pretty good shape (daily cycling to work does that). 

On the plus side, he's a 'metaller' so we'll have some awesome music on the go.

I got unnecessarily stressed last night, as i couldn't find my old TKD gum shield.  You know, sometimes you just need an old piece of kit for that familiar comfort.  Probably for the best that i couldn't find it though, as i haven't worn it in around 8 years and i'm sure it wouldn't match my mouth anymore have lost a few teeth since). 

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2014, 03:01:42 pm »
Don't worry about the cycling part.  Cycling is useless at developing arm strength!  Lok on you tube for cyclist fights - some funny (if embarassing) shots of pro cyclists trying to have a punch up!

Heres one:

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2014, 05:21:17 pm »
4 weeks to go.  Have had some good sparring sessions, and also had some not so good!  Been punched in the face a few times and had a couple of good brain shakers :D

Training has gone up a notch, i'm working out every lunchtime mon-fri, plus tues evening and saturday morning.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2014, 05:53:34 pm »
Never understood the appeal of boxing... it seems a bit like having a really expensive computer and using it as a hammer.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2014, 09:49:21 pm »
DC...if you did TKD to a reasonable level and obviously aren't afraid of a tear up i'm guessing you entered a few TKD competitions.

ALL the TKD blocks which you may have in your muscle memory are totally legal in boxing - and don't forget your TKD "bouncing".
Just don't kick the bastard, lock him up or take him down  :lol [size=78%]. [/size]

Good luck and enjoy it  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2014, 10:50:29 am »
hahahaha Frosties - yeah, i have had it in the back of my mind about what if adrenalin & instinct makes me throw a spinning hook kick?  :) :D
But i'm not as flexible or as fast as i was then, so i dont think that'll be an issue.

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #10 on: 17 November 2014, 12:58:31 pm »
Well it seems i am losing my training ground (works underground car-park) due to redundancy.  Might have 2-3 weeks left here.  On the plus side, means i dont have to worry about rolling in to work with black eyes :D

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2014, 09:14:28 pm »
How's the training going? Have you started cutting weight yet (do you have to?). Is it divided into weight category's as it is in boxing and MMA? Like 125, 135, 145 and so on. If so, what is your fight weight? It's getting close now anyway. 3 1/2 weeks. You must be getting excited (and nervous maybe?). Good luck man, and good on you for doing it. It takes balls to willingly put yourself in a ring (or cadge) with another trained fighter, knowing, win or loose, you are going to get hurt.

RESPECT brother. RESPECT.
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2014, 02:25:14 pm »
reverse spinning hook kick is the way to go...........or drop him with an axe kick :lol :lol :lol
good luck mate
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2014, 02:33:47 pm »
you need to double that jab up for starters, drop yer knees and throw one to the straight to the stomach and come right over the top with a big right hander to the chin
when you go for the belly, see if he drops his guard to protect himself, if he's switched on he'll drop his knees slightly and tuck his elbows in. throw a few feints here and there early on to suss him out and then up the tempo especially if its only 3 x 2 mins or 3 x 3 mins rounds
keep yer guard high and as soon as you've thrown one, snap yer arm back to cover yer chin again, remember boxing is different to other contact sports as most others have their guard lower so try and take advantage of that
fire never sleeps

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2014, 08:07:13 pm »
Good luck for Saturday night .