Date: 16-05-24  Time: 07:12 am

Author Topic: Dangerous malfuction of rotor assy's at Yamaha Fz1 06+, Yzf-R1 04-08, Fz8 models  (Read 5487 times)

Lyon

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Are you an owner of Fz1 06+, Yzf-R1 04-08, Fz8?
Do you know about the rotor assy's malfuction at these specific models?
Worst, have you ever faced this kind of problem?
The past few years a certain problem has arisen with the rotor assy of these models, at least in Greece!
Are you aware that when the rotor assy of your bike brakes down while you are riding, the engine suddenly stops without any kind of warning?
Think yourself experiencing this problem while on a highway or when sportriding on a corner!!!
Which is the answer of Yamaha? Why do they keep silent?
After many destroyed rotor assy's (part Number: 5VY-81450-00-00) Yamaha produced a new improved rotor assy (part Number:2SH-81450-00-00).
Which is Yamaha's aftersales policy? Do they care about riders' safety?

We, Yamaha riders of Fazer Hellas Club, are not going to put our life in danger. We claim the recall of the faulty rotor assy, as well as compensation for the owners who have suffered such damage and paid the cost of repairs.

Lyon

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Blimey!

Havlikjan85

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Hi. My rotor assy has broken last week. Does exist any chance to get a new one from yamaha ltd for free?

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
I owned an FZ1 for 8 years & haven't read on this forum or the FZ1OA of anyone being injured or killed due to the breakdown of the stator assembly. Yes, I've read of failures but thankfully no injuries.
All the manufacturers introduce changes to their original design, there's nothing sinister in that. Yamaha upgrading the stator assembly is no exception.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Yes, it is a known problem, apparently the glue used to attached the magnets softens with heat and magnets fall off, damaging the rotor and stator. There has been a few cases in the States where the mangled bits of magnet have made there way into the sump causing more engine damage.
I would certainly try pushing Yamaha for a replacement.