Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:20 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605028 times)

garyb

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #900 on: 15 August 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
Got the engine connected back up after the removal for the new camchain, she started first time and is lovely and quiet now!

I am delighted with it and that I was able to do it myself, roll on the weekend and a nice ride out!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 16 August 2013, 06:49:31 pm »
Went to try and sort out the suspension - got one damper rod loose then the others wouldn't budge. Then the bike decided to fall off the centre stand and trolley jack and fall over ... seriously considering just giving up and getting rid of it. I'm just sick and fed up of simple jobs becoming impossible because of some stupid paradoxical issue; aka you need to undo this bolt - that bolt won't undo - well you need to undo it - well it won't come undone and so on and on and on...

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 16 August 2013, 06:53:26 pm »
Went to try and sort out the suspension - got one damper rod loose then the others wouldn't budge. Then the bike decided to fall off the centre stand and trolley jack and fall over ... seriously considering just giving up and getting rid of it. I'm just sick and fed up of simple jobs becoming impossible because of some stupid paradoxical issue; aka you need to undo this bolt - that bolt won't undo - well you need to undo it - well it won't come undone and so on and on and on...

:(

Hang in there, bud!
The Deef's apprentice

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 16 August 2013, 07:46:52 pm »

Maybe you need time to go off and think and do other things for a bit. Come back to the bike when you feel fresher about it. :)

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 16 August 2013, 07:59:29 pm »

Maybe you need time to go off and think and do other things for a bit. Come back to the bike when you feel fresher about it. :)

What Nick Crisp said.

Any fettling to do on your MG?
The Deef's apprentice

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 16 August 2013, 08:10:26 pm »
No fettling - needs a gearbox change but I can't proceed with that if I don't have any transport

Bike is just being a pain in the ass and I'm fed up. Might just stick the old forks on it and see how it rides - probably not a good idea and I need to get it off of the floor first... not sure how the hell I'm going to manage that at current

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 16 August 2013, 08:20:21 pm »
No fettling - needs a gearbox change but I can't proceed with that if I don't have any transport

Bike is just being a pain in the ass and I'm fed up. Might just stick the old forks on it and see how it rides - probably not a good idea and I need to get it off of the floor first... not sure how the hell I'm going to manage that at current

Is your shoulder still focced then?

Any chance of getting lazy Foccers (read Exup  ;) ) with too much time on their hands to be your muscles? What abourt Fuzzy?
The Deef's apprentice

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 16 August 2013, 10:45:18 pm »
Shoulder is mostly healed - can't lift particularly heavy weights but its healed up relatively well, still some residual pain left

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 16 August 2013, 11:04:52 pm »
I refitted the 600 shock and spring as could not get any clearance to the expansion bottle with the 1000 shock.  I've ground the frame to get the eye to line up stripped both shocks to swap the springs and spent the last three nights in the garage and all I've achieved is lubricating the suspension pivots, it's now all back to standard. So either I'm to picky or I missed something.  Answers on a postcard please...
Fed up Andy

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 18 August 2013, 01:08:20 pm »
I have just been for a spin on lovely dry roads to Gloucester and purchased an Action Cam3  720p and 16mb mini sd card HD from maplins .
So now look out , a movie i can make!!!! :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Jacko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 18 August 2013, 01:28:28 pm »
Just done oil and filter,
changed plugs
Checked air filter (ok)
Plug caps cleaned up
freed up pillion pegs.
cleaned brakes, topped up rear master cylinder.
checked it all works

off for chain and sprockets with MOT tomorrow. 15 years and 73,000 miles,  should breeze through it ;)

Sent from my pants - using talkingbollocks

wezdavo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 954 fireblade
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 18 August 2013, 01:38:35 pm »
I refitted the 600 shock and spring as could not get any clearance to the expansion bottle with the 1000 shock.  I've ground the frame to get the eye to line up stripped both shocks to swap the springs and spent the last three nights in the garage and all I've achieved is lubricating the suspension pivots, it's now all back to standard. So either I'm to picky or I missed something.  Answers on a postcard please...
Fed up Andy

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,5396.msg55109.html#msg55109

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 18 August 2013, 01:57:43 pm »
I have just been for a spin on lovely dry roads to Gloucester and purchased an Action Cam3  720p and 16mb mini sd card HD from maplins .
Blue bike + movie making = Blue Movie Productions. :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 18 August 2013, 05:44:10 pm »
Wezdavo, cheers for the link. Once I've done all the wife's jobs I'll have another look, I did take the bolts out of the expansion bottle but it seemed reluctant to move.  Maybe I just need to try harder, hmm that sounds familiar from somewhere. Lol
Andy

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 18 August 2013, 07:38:20 pm »
Had a brilliant rideout to Brackley with some Foccers. Nice getting to meet some new Foccers, and get to know others better!

I also now know I must never challenge Doddsie to a drinking game that involves beer.  :eek :eek :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 18 August 2013, 07:40:54 pm by ChristoT »
The Deef's apprentice

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 18 August 2013, 07:45:52 pm »
Had a brilliant rideout to Brackley with some Foccers. Nice getting to meet some new Foccers, and get to know others better!

I also now know I must never challenge Doddsie to a drinking game that involves beer.  :eek :eek :lol :lol :lol

You got home ok then? Was worried you might forget where you were again!
Good chat about music, hope you enjoy Will Killeen. PM with email address on it's way in a sec.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 18 August 2013, 09:11:01 pm »
Thrashed her to and from Cleethorps playing tag with some power rangers one of which was a ZZ1400 doing 150 to keep up. Fantastic day.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 18 August 2013, 09:53:50 pm »
Had the front sprocket cover off  to check the front sprocket , then spent 2 hours cleaning out the old lube , went through a whole can of degreaser .
Later in the day , took the Fazer for a blast down to Cheddar up through the Gorge and then back home . Nearly got squashed between 2 cagers when the car in front decided to do a u turn in front of me and the BMW behind nearly ran into the back of me when i slammed on  the brakes  to miss the car in  front  .

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 18 August 2013, 10:12:10 pm »
Blue bike + movie making = Blue Movie Productions. :b

Tried it out and it works well, sound no good though,,
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

JodyWheelieschool

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 19 August 2013, 07:51:03 pm »
Learnt how to get my knee down, so happy!  :D 

« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 08:43:00 pm by JodyWheelieschool »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 19 August 2013, 07:57:53 pm »
Hey Jody, not seen you on here much but looks like you've been having plenty fun time without us..
i'm not confident about getting my knee down to be honest, when im approaching a corner i feel like i'll upset the bike too much by trying to shift my fat arse across the seat, any tips about the weight on the seat issue, how far before a corner do you shift across?

fras

JodyWheelieschool

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 19 August 2013, 08:04:19 pm »
Hey Jody, not seen you on here much but looks like you've been having plenty fun time without us..
i'm not confident about getting my knee down to be honest, when im approaching a corner i feel like i'll upset the bike too much by trying to shift my fat arse across the seat, any tips about the weight on the seat issue, how far before a corner do you shift across?

fras

I guess I'll have to get my lazy arse down to some meets haha! There is plenty of tutorials on YouTube that will help you, but you've got to find a way that is comfortable for you and go with that! Not all corners will be the same so you kind of have to use your own judgement! I usually set myself up with speed and positioning right before entering the corner and shift my arse into place, As you can see it's more of my left thigh on the seat and me hanging off,  it's harder to get much lower due to the low foot pegs on the Fazers...

Jody

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 19 August 2013, 08:06:44 pm »
Surely moving ones backside that far over isn't helping corner faster / improving balance?
The Deef's apprentice

JodyWheelieschool

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 19 August 2013, 08:16:28 pm »
Surely moving ones backside that far over isn't helping corner faster / improving balance?

It's what's comfortable for me when getting my knee down, the bike physically will not lean much further, and it's surprising how much you can vary your speed whilst you have your knee down. I can go through a tight hairpin corner a load faster than I can if I didn't get it down, so I'd say it does help...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 19 August 2013, 08:23:08 pm »
it's harder to get much lower due to the low foot pegs on the Fazers...

Have you jacked the bike up with smaller dog bones?, gives a little extra ground clearance & tighter turning.
Also is that a Simmi end can?, looks like mine from what i can see.