Date: 27-04-24  Time: 06:24 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604669 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #575 on: 19 June 2013, 03:19:50 pm »
 37mpg!!! That's what I worked out from fuelly after my mods and best remap. It was a spirited ride to my dads and back in the lakes, so I thought I'd take a bimble out to beacon fell just to see what she could do in touring mode.
48mpg!!! Holy sh#t that's better than I got with a standard bike. And now she's miles better!
The scenery was also awesome.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 19 June 2013, 03:25:32 pm »
As I've not had a bike for long whilst living in Oxfordshire, did a bit of exploring today. there are some nice roads around the Marlborough Downs, Chippenham, Devises, Avebury, West Kennet etc. Well suited to the thou; winding fast A roads, twisty sections with ups and downs and (for the most part) good road surfaces. A bit sticky out today but fine once moving - add a bit of long awaited sunshine and music on the MP3, just what I needed and has cheered me up no end!  :) :) 

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 19 June 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
Washed n polished it, lubed it, changed the plastic screen screws to stainless steel allen bolts, put a Rossi sticker on it, ready to ride to work tomorrow and its bound to rain  :'( :'(

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 19 June 2013, 05:35:00 pm »
Got the carbs balanced yesterday, and got Iridium plugs fitted, and good grief does it show!! Bike now runs smoother than Gershwin sliding down a greasy pole on a toboggan (to mix your metaphors). So smooth!  :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 19 June 2013, 09:30:06 pm »
Fitted top box for a couple of days in Wales

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 19 June 2013, 10:51:17 pm »
Took out a fence panel and got it in the back garden. I've got a puncture in the front wheel so need somewhat safe to leave it on bricks when I take the wheel for repair/replacement.

Davebo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 20 June 2013, 11:25:50 am »
Went for a late blat to make the most of the sunshine before it rains for the rest of summer. Tootled up past Blubberhouses then back again but the fuel light came on as I turned around so had to ride like nun to get home. :-(

ChrisJH

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 22 June 2013, 07:44:38 pm »
Took it round the Ring

i don`t have anything profound or funny to write so .............................

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 22 June 2013, 07:45:18 pm »
Not jealous at all........ >:(

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 22 June 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
Got it serviced last weekend and getting new front rubber for trip to cologne in 4 weeks :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 22 June 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
Got the carbs balanced yesterday, and got Iridium plugs fitted, and good grief does it show!! Bike now runs smoother than Gershwin sliding down a greasy pole on a toboggan (to mix your metaphors). So smooth!  :lol :lol

Hey christo, if you got someone else to balance the carbs for you then out of interest how much did it cost?,mine could do with a fettle and although it would be easier to just ask my local garage since you've mentioned it & you is in the land of expensive then would be good to have a ball park figure to compare against.
cheers!
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 22 June 2013, 10:04:58 pm »
I had my riding assessed to qualify to ride Northumbria Bloodbikes bike.

I passed so next step is blue light training.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 22 June 2013, 10:34:03 pm »

Hey christo, if you got someone else to balance the carbs for you then out of interest how much did it cost?,mine could do with a fettle and although it would be easier to just ask my local garage since you've mentioned it & you is in the land of expensive then would be good to have a ball park figure to compare against.
cheers!

Paul (the mechanic) is a friend of mine - for fitting the plugs and balancing the carbs, he charged me £50. Minus £10, as I'm a starving student and he's a nice chap, and minus another £5 for finding some info on his bike on the interwebs.
The Deef's apprentice

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 22 June 2013, 11:00:59 pm »
Fitted a thou rear shock to my 600 after swapping the springs over, not yet given it a ride to try it out to decide how to set it up.
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 22 June 2013, 11:26:12 pm »

cheers!

Paul (the mechanic) is a friend of mine - for fitting the plugs and balancing the carbs, he charged me £50. Minus £10, as I'm a starving student and he's a nice chap, and minus another £5 for finding some info on his bike on the interwebs.
cheers christo :thumbup , so ill use 50 bucks as my ball park figure which i wouldnt mind paying once a year to keep it sweet, if it gets close to the 100 bucks mark ill be tempted to buy some guages and do it myself.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 23 June 2013, 08:44:25 am »

cheers!

cheers christo :thumbup , so ill use 50 bucks as my ball park figure which i wouldnt mind paying once a year to keep it sweet, if it gets close to the 100 bucks mark ill be tempted to buy some guages and do it myself.

buy some gauges NOGGY.......you know it makes sense ....................
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 23 June 2013, 11:26:33 am »

cheers!

buy some gauges NOGGY.......you know it makes sense ....................

Im gonna check the how to's for DIY on night shift tonight,i hope it doesnt get too complicated, you are right red it's gonna make sense & after the 1st time it'll hopefully be a doddle......surely there should be a badge i can stitch onto my leathers for achieving such tinkeringbility too....a fazer city & guilds qualification perhaps :)

XTremo

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 23 June 2013, 03:08:42 pm »
A few hours in the mountains of the Sierra de Cazorla!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 23 June 2013, 06:28:53 pm »
washed,polished and lubed the chain in readyness for cassington bike night tomorrow night  :D 
One, is never going to be enough.....

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #594 on: 23 June 2013, 06:45:38 pm »
Played a game with a few mates. Top speed in a 40 zone.  It was tripled  but not by me. I need my licence to werk.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2013, 06:46:39 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 23 June 2013, 06:48:01 pm »
Top speed in a 40 zone.  It was tripled  but not by me.
now that's quite a scary thought, you'd probably be looking at prison for that!C:-)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 23 June 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Blue Sky & mountain roads/scenery -------1 point! :lol
West Mids UK June Grey Sky & rain ------nil points :'(
Had a bike/car free/hands clean day-------boring or what? :z

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 23 June 2013, 07:11:09 pm »

Top speed in a 40 zone.  It was tripled  but not by me.
now that's quite a scary thought, you'd probably be looking at prison for that!C:-)

Not probably..definately
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 23 June 2013, 08:36:08 pm »
went for a spin around sunny wales usk abergavenny Brecon etc,
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 23 June 2013, 08:53:05 pm »
(South) UK June Grey Sky & rain ------nil points :'(
Had a bike/car free/hands clean day-------boring or what? :z
Likewise. Again. Aaaargh! So gave bike a quick polish for Cassington, cos I can't let Red98 get away with that! (although I'm guessing he's got the kind of bike that if you looked at it too long it'll probably burn your retinas out  :rolleyes :lol )