Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:25 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604982 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #7175 on: 30 September 2017, 12:26:24 pm »
How come the Welsh do not have anything to do with Vowels in their spelling?

What is this letter: 'W'

How you say that? Double 'u' ;)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #7176 on: 30 September 2017, 12:29:23 pm »
Rode home from work in the pissing rain and gusty winds again, on my 3 pair of gloves this week, two pairs from yesterday have not fully dried yet.  :'(

Presuming they're leather and not textile, *do not* be tempted to put them on radiators etc because that will just ruin the leather.

Instead, get some rice and pour it into the gloves which will absorb the moisture, then use a leather conditioner (you can get it from good shoe shops) to keep the leather supple.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: 30 September 2017, 06:39:19 pm »
Went to meet Moff and the rest of the boys in Moffat, they looked a wee bit wet when we met but they were well up for their mini tour.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: 03 October 2017, 07:45:34 pm »
Took off my whole exhaust system, gave it all a good clean and polish, new gaskets all round and reinstalled it with copious amounts of exhaust sealant. What a difference it made, I had a couple of minor leaks before but now it's all airtight 👌 the throttle response is much better and the noise has got even more intoxicating 😈😈

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: 04 October 2017, 03:15:06 pm »
Ordered mine a nice black Storm (by Mivv) Oval endcan in black. Despite the fact that I haven't even picked the bike up yet! Nothing like being prepared eh!?

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: 06 October 2017, 04:15:15 pm »
I went on the 600 to J and S Accessories at Oakmere to try on some IXS textile clothing. Came away with jacket and trousers. I tried some Gore-Tex boots on, have to decide which ones to buy. Almost ready for the winter now. Looks like I shall be riding in the rain this weekend so I can test the new clothing en route to Anglesey and back.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: 06 October 2017, 07:27:47 pm »
Finally got 100 miles out of a tank of fuel 🤗🤗 100.8 to be precise. Was risking it a bit waiting that long but wanted to make it into triple digits once haha

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: 08 October 2017, 11:48:56 am »
Yesterday. 160 miles round trip to Anglesey circuit to support friends racing. Pissing down all the way home. Feet soaking wet. I need to buy some 'waterproof' boots that are actually waterproof. Daytona ? 2/3rds of my pension but probably worth it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: 08 October 2017, 12:51:02 pm »
Finally got 100 miles out of a tank of fuel 🤗🤗 100.8 to be precise. Was risking it a bit waiting that long but wanted to make it into triple digits once haha

You got a 2.5 Gallon tank on that bike, or can't you get it out of second, 100.8 to the tank full FFS.  :eek
Reading up in FOC-U a lot FZ1 riders are getting between 48 and 52 MPG

I love the Mighty Thous but could not put up with 100 miles per tank full, its not the cost as much as the bloody inconvenience of spending so much riding time looking for and sitting on garage forecourts.

You must be filling up every 3 motorway service stations on long runs.

If you don't want to ride at much more than 130 mph I would suggest a FZS 600 then at least double + your miles to the gallon. and possibly get 230 from a tank full. :fish

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: 08 October 2017, 01:37:51 pm »

You got a 2.5 Gallon tank on that bike, or can't you get it out of second, 100.8 to the tank full FFS.  :eek

I love the Mighty Thous but could not put up with 100 miles per tank full, its not the cost as much as the bloody inconvenience of spending so much riding time looking for and sitting on garage forecourts.

If you don't want to ride at much more than 130 mph I would suggest a FZS 600 then at least double + your miles to the gallon. and possibly get 230 from a tank full. :fish

Haha nah it just doesn't do many miles to the gallon, never has done but has been worse since I've had it tuned. Doesn't bother me to be honest as I bought it for fun not for MPG. I don't do many long runs and its only £15 for a full tank so still works out cheaper than the car. Thinking about it I only used to get 150 miles to a tank on my yzf600r when I was hooning it and about 200 when behaving

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7185 on: 08 October 2017, 02:07:17 pm »
My FZS 600 about 220 mph on average, long distance motorways stuff (constant speed 80) about 240 mph, Hooning around (Red Lining) it drops to 180.
Be interested how it compares with others experience on the FZS 600. :D 

What a twat doesn't know the difference between 220 MPH and 220 MPG not to mention 240 MPH and 240 MPG.
I must have the fastest FZS 600 in the world :rolleyes 

What a twat doesn't know the difference between 220 MPG and 220 per tank full not to mention 240 MPH and 240 per tank :rolleyes 
I'm going back to bed

« Last Edit: 09 October 2017, 04:56:23 am by tommyardin »

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: 08 October 2017, 03:36:32 pm »

Haha nah it just doesn't do many miles to the gallon, never has done but has been worse since I've had it tuned. Doesn't bother me to be honest as I bought it for fun not for MPG. I don't do many long runs and its only £15 for a full tank so still works out cheaper than the car. Thinking about it I only used to get 150 miles to a tank on my yzf600r when I was hooning it and about 200 when behaving

Excuse my potentially wayward maths,  but shouldn't a full tank cost at least £18? Unless either a) fuel has gone under a pound a litre since i was last home,  b) you're filling up in a timewarp to the 90's or c) you've still got another 4 litres in the tank and therefore another 30/40 miles available!

If i can't get 130 miles out of mine, it could be the shortest FZ1 ownership on record!

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: 08 October 2017, 05:09:20 pm »
Finally got around to replacing the front wheel bearings and stripping and cleaning the rear caliper. New rear pads, bearings and tyre next weekend.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: 08 October 2017, 06:15:10 pm »

Excuse my potentially wayward maths,  but shouldn't a full tank cost at least £18? Unless either a) fuel has gone under a pound a litre since i was last home,  b) you're filling up in a timewarp to the 90's or c) you've still got another 4 litres in the tank and therefore another 30/40 miles available!

If i can't get 130 miles out of mine, it could be the shortest FZ1 ownership on record!

I've never managed to get more than £15 worth of fuel in mine and that's after the last bar has been flashing for a good 10 miles. It's supposedly got a 17 litre tank so either my petrol gauge is wildly wrong or ive got a sponge stuck in there haha I did question it a few months back but now I just accept it as is.
As i said its tuned quite a bit and goes like shit off a shovel so im not overly fussed. It's a toy as the end of the day not my sole form of transport.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: 08 October 2017, 10:10:08 pm »
I went for a ride-out around Shropshire/Powys with a bunch of mates. Total miles for me was 460 which is more than I've done in one day for a long while.
My thou does 160 miles from full to reserve which is from a mix of riding quick and taking it steady. I've been used to bikes that can do 200 miles to the tank (but they cost more to refill) but 160 isn't too bad as I'm usually ready for a break/smoke by that time.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: 08 October 2017, 11:46:31 pm »
If you take the time to brim the tank(it's a bit of a chore as the Gen 1tank is a slow filler) but this should get your low fuel light coming on around the 185 mile mark.It does piss off anyone waiting behind you,but is necessary especially on a long trip.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: 09 October 2017, 06:34:02 am »
Got £20 in mine for the last 2 fill ups , 170 ish before the light comes on , if your worried about mpg on a thou youv'e bought the wrong bike....you need the 6   ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: 09 October 2017, 08:10:14 am »
Got £20 in mine for the last 2 fill ups , 170 ish before the light comes on , if your worried about mpg on a thou youv'e bought the wrong bike....you need the 6   ;)

I could not agree more.
The Mighty Thou is a brilliant bike (would dearly like one myself) but is a little on the thirsty side, but look what you get for your money :lol .
The FZS 600 is also a brilliant bike (That's why I own one myself) but is better on fuel and still goes very, very well, do I want that extra 30ish MPH? Yeah probably. :rollin :rollin :rollin

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: 09 October 2017, 08:46:11 am »

I've never managed to get more than £15 worth of fuel in mine and that's after the last bar has been flashing for a good 10 miles. It's supposedly got a 17 litre tank so either my petrol gauge is wildly wrong or ive got a sponge stuck in there haha I did question it a few months back but now I just accept it as is.
As i said its tuned quite a bit and goes like shit off a shovel so im not overly fussed. It's a toy as the end of the day not my sole form of transport.

I'm sure I'll actually be the same! This is a step away from practicality for me. I want to be excited by riding again and bang-for-buck the FZ1 was a stand out winner.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: 09 October 2017, 08:49:40 am »
Back to the thread in hand,  as well as the Slip-on i now have a healtech gear indicator, Boosterplug and a real Carbon fibre fenda-extenda on the way. So very looking forward to fitting all this gubbins after i pick her up on Thursday!

:thumbup :D

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: 09 October 2017, 01:24:19 pm »
Mpg doesn't bother me except a sudden drop can point to a problem.
I just like to know the tank range for planning my stops.
I did wonder how much longer I could keep filling but I couldn't be bothered to brim the tank. A quick fill to the top is a good guide.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: 09 October 2017, 06:58:15 pm »

I could not agree more.
The Mighty Thou is a brilliant bike (would dearly like one myself) but is a little on the thirsty side, but look what you get for your money :lol .
The FZS 600 is also a brilliant bike (That's why I own one myself) but is better on fuel and still goes very, very well, do I want that extra 30ish MPH? Yeah probably. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Iam lucky enough to own both , as a rough rule iam 10 mph Quicker on the thou on the same roads , never used top speed on the thou , its all about torque for me , plenty of power to keep it in top for overtakes if iam just bimbling about ! Knock it dosn a couple of gears and theres not much that will keep up.. :)  great VFM...as TOMMY , the 600 Is also a very capable bike when looked after plenty fast enough for the road.....ive said this before and it still stands.....i would sell the thou before the six  , everytime   ;)

One, is never going to be enough.....

fordlatch41

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Street triple rs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: 12 October 2017, 10:11:23 pm »
Today I have replaced the carbs, think the others are OK after stripping and inspecting so it was probably the throttle position sensor at fault

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: 14 October 2017, 10:10:21 am »
Took it out for my first proper ride since buying the FZ1-N.

132 miles before the reserve flashed and a LOT of extremely enjoyable spirited country road riding. I think I'll be keeping this one!  :sun

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: 14 October 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
A ride on the 600 to Castlewood cafe, near Uttoxeter and back, from Wrexham. Around 130 miles. Beautiful, mild day, 18 degrees.