Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:24 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604827 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6750 on: 21 January 2017, 10:12:46 pm »
Outdragged a little cnut driving a Skoda VRS  :lol

Watch out Frosties don't look at the " what kind of bikers are fazer owners post" it's turned into the skoda owners club over there , you can't slag off a skoda driver in that post  :lol

Too late - already slagged them  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 21 January 2017, 10:20:24 pm by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: 21 January 2017, 10:26:51 pm »

Watch out Frosties don't look at the " what kind of bikers are fazer owners post" it's turned into the skoda owners club over there , you can't slag off a skoda driver in that post  :lol
Of course you can its been decided they are all wankers or gay.
lol

The putts

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: 21 January 2017, 11:02:36 pm »
I did feck all to my fazer today. And I'll also do feck all to it tomorrow. I'll probably do feck all to it til it until it's time to bring it out cold storage. And i also drive a skoda. Fabia vrs to be exact  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: 21 January 2017, 11:58:06 pm »
I did feck all to my fazer today. And I'll also do feck all to it tomorrow. I'll probably do feck all to it til it until it's time to bring it out cold storage. And i also drive a skoda. Fabia vrs to be exact  :D

LOL! bet you got an achey wrist :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: 24 January 2017, 07:30:44 am »

Of course you can its been decided they are all wankers or gay.
lol

I'm thinking of buying another fazer and turning it into a Trike but I was going to cross it with another vehicle. I was thinking a Skoda, what do you think Tommyardin and Frosties?

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: 24 January 2017, 04:30:57 pm »
Sure go for it, you could call it a 'Trifazoda'
« Last Edit: 24 January 2017, 04:54:12 pm by tommyardin »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: 24 January 2017, 06:25:37 pm »
Took advantage of a sunny day and slightly higher temperatures and took the Fazer out for a ride. Heated grips and hand guards work a treat together this time of year.
Roads were a bit cruddy on the minor roads and still some snow high up on the North downs.
Put it away dirty as my sponge was frozen in the bucket, :\ just lubed the chain and will pull it out tomorrow for a wash down.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2017, 06:39:41 pm by dazza »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: 25 January 2017, 11:46:23 am »

Rode it home from work in the early hours this morning through 30-odd miles of freezing fog.
The Vee-wipe managed to keep the top half of the visor clear, but the lower half grew a rime it couldn't shift.
An unpleasant, slow journey but some days you're just glad to get home in one piece.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6758 on: 26 January 2017, 12:32:12 am »
Whilst waiting for the 3-in-1 oil to free up the footpeg pin, I finally got around to replacing the clutch lever which had been bent after some bugger nerfed my bike in a car park and then didn't stick around or leave a message :(

Ye gods, I wish I'd done that ages ago, it was getting harder and harder to use and I was having to practically put my shoulder into changing gear which wasn't ideal!

Now it's so light I can control it with my fingertips although I've got to get back to the change in feeling, but it was certainly well worth it :)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: 26 January 2017, 03:50:24 pm »
Took both wheels off and took them up to Bike Tyres Leeds for a pair of  PR3s fitted, got some 90 degree valves fitted at same time. I'll give the wheels a good clean and polish and refit them tomorrow,  maybe it just might not be too cold and wet over the weekend to get them scrubbed in.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: 28 January 2017, 07:41:14 am »
Took off all the original panels ,tank ready for a track only set
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: 31 January 2017, 11:42:22 am »
Since it was a dry morning I went out to tear up the country roads of N.e lincs and South Yorkshire, been a while since I've been over the Humber bridge.
Was a bit chilly but a fun ride, had a revelation in terms of fuel consumption too.
Turns out my fz1 Ian a lot better at touring than it is commuting ( I know, right )
Usually only get 80 miles to a tank while commuting at 30/40.
Filled her up this morning, plenty of hooning at license losing speeds, home after 80 miles with half a tank still?
Obviously need to ride faster to keep my fuel  consumption higher 😈😈

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: 31 January 2017, 02:13:52 pm »
... Usually only get 80 miles to a tank while commuting at 30/40.
About 20mpg then... or is a "tank" a figure other than 18 litres?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: 31 January 2017, 02:39:14 pm »
... Usually only get 80 miles to a tank while commuting at 30/40.
About 20mpg then... or is a "tank" a figure other than 18 litres?

Well it's supposed to be 18litres but I've never managed to get more than 14 in it and thats going from chugging into the petrol station to so full it spills over.

It's a mystery I've had ever since I got the bike? On a normal fill I can only get about 11/12 litres in?

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: 31 January 2017, 03:01:55 pm »
Must be directly related to penis size then????

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: 31 January 2017, 06:00:42 pm »
Must be directly related to penis size then????

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin PMSL - From a Gen 1 owner

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: 31 January 2017, 06:08:21 pm »
Took advantage of a sunny day and slightly higher temperatures and took the Fazer out for a ride. Heated grips and hand guards work a treat together this time of year.
Roads were a bit cruddy on the minor roads and still some snow high up on the North downs.
Put it away dirty as my sponge was frozen in the bucket, :\ just lubed the chain and will pull it out tomorrow for a wash down.
Hand guards look ace mate, good mod

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: 03 February 2017, 03:02:16 pm »
Had it dyno'd to see how things were running and really pleased with the outcome. The guy said that it's the best he's ever seen a bike run on a downloaded map. About an hour of dyno work to smooth out the lower fueling in the lower rev range and it will be running 100% so thats a result 😆😆
It's putting down 135bhp at the back wheel which is more than enough for me

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: 04 February 2017, 08:41:07 pm »
Re-Fitted my old sprocket this morning as there was little to no wear detectable, The new one I purchased (Renthal) was 15 tooth, and the one that was on the bike was a 16, so, I have ordered another new 16 tooth Renthal.

I will leave the original one on for a few more thousand miles before changing it as it is still in good nick.
I put a new 12 mm nut on with a new Tab Washer to the recommended torque of 90Nm and used Loctie 620 thread lock and bent the tabs over two of the nut flats.

Chain was thoroughly cleaned with Motol Chain cleaner and a rotory chain cleaning brush, dried and lube up liberally with Motol Chain Lube, adjusted chain at the tightest part on the lower run so that the chain just touched the rubber chain guide when pushed up about 40mm of play.

Went for a run this afternoon down to Loomies bikers cafe in Hampshire ended up chatting with really interesting guy who raced Lambretta Scooters years ago. Drank a huge mug of tea and woofed back a basket full of cheesy chips drenched in sweet chilli sauce. There must have been about 120 bikes there, lovely sunny afternoon but a bit nippy on the old fingers.
Fast ride home, bike on the patio washed and dried off, re-checked the chain adjustment, all OK. Photo of the bike taken and back in its home.       

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: 04 February 2017, 08:54:22 pm »
Something else I discovered today when the bike is on the centre stand and I spin the rear wheel backwards there is a softish click metallic sort of noise when the wheel slows or stop spinning, it took me ages to find the source of the noise, when the wheel spin backwards it slightly picks up or lifts the disk pads in the caliper and as the wheel stop spinning they drop back into the neutral position, they lift about half a MM. At least I know the are not seized in the caliper.     

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: 05 February 2017, 05:37:58 pm »
Not really with my fazer but for my fazer.....ordered a new yuasa battery for my 600 , original battery lasted 18 ish years so made sense to replace with the same....now, I wonder , will the replacement last as long.........

also took a trip down to infinity warehouse in camberley to buy a new jacket to replace my old one with a broken zip......expensive weekend but when the battery arrives tue/wed I'll be back on the road....my cage will not pass another MOT so the 600 will be used for everyday transport untill I can find the right cage......is it just me that takes a long time finding the right cage but with bikes iam spoilt for choice.......
« Last Edit: 05 February 2017, 05:40:26 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: 05 February 2017, 05:48:48 pm »
Gave her a good wash and going over ready for another week of shity weather  :rolleyes

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: 05 February 2017, 11:36:22 pm »

[/quote]

Well it's supposed to be 18litres but I've never managed to get more than 14 in it and thats going from chugging into the petrol station to so full it spills over.

It's a mystery I've had ever since I got the bike? On a normal fill I can only get about 11/12 litres in?
[/quote]

I have this problem when I need to brim the tank because I need to make less fuel stops. Ive found that you have to dribble the last 4 or 5 litres in very slowly. I posted on here about it and you can do a mod by drilling the steel neck inside the tank to let the air out quicker, but I don't fancy blowing up my bike, myself, the garage, the house, etc.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: 05 February 2017, 11:50:12 pm »

[/quote]

I have this problem when I need to brim the tank because I need to make less fuel stops. Ive found that you have to dribble the last 4 or 5 litres in very slowly. I posted on here about it and you can do a mod by drilling the steel neck inside the tank to let the air out quicker, but I don't fancy blowing up my bike, myself, the garage, the house, etc.
[/quote]
Ok I am lucky in that I only ride for local fun and only put in what I need for my mileage on that day 10p a mile roughly £5 - £10 and  I am done. But where the FOC are you riding that you are desperate to fill up with less stops, than 14 Ltrs  Africa- Australia.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: 05 February 2017, 11:51:27 pm »
After charging the battery on the Fazer yesterday and then warming it thoroughly, this morning I went out for a ride with a couple of mates. It was cold and damp but I wrapped up well so only my fingers got a bit chilly. Off we went down the A34 to Stone and onto the A51. A bacon and cheese oatcake and a cup of tea at the café then on to Uttoxeter and a few miles up the A50 to the A515 Ashbourne road and past Darley Moor Circuit, left onto the A52 Leek-Ashbourne road to the junction where the A52 turns left, a coke and a chat at the pub at the bottom of Froghall bank and then off home back to Stoke. A lovely run through some nice countryside and on nice but damp and dirty roads.

Then washed all the crap off the Fazer when I got home.