Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:10 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605021 times)

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6500 on: 06 September 2016, 08:24:04 pm »
Yep its just for show never goes over 30  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: 06 September 2016, 09:13:53 pm »
That was when he went off road to allow the really really slow silver and slow blue ones to keep up :pokefun

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: 06 September 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
Yep its just for show never goes over 30  :lol

Its sad but true that most red ones never get out of 1st gear so don't feel embarrassed fella, there's lots of support from Silver Dream Machine riders
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: 06 September 2016, 10:29:26 pm »
Blacks the way forward,  definitely the fastest :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: 06 September 2016, 10:54:07 pm »
That was when he went off road to allow the really really slow silver and slow blue ones to keep up :pokefun

OUCH

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: 07 September 2016, 07:42:53 am »

On the M4, heading home from work late last night I started to notice the odd misfire.
After another few hiccups the penny dropped... I'd lost track of the mileage and run it dry again. :rolleyes
Luckily it was just before Junction 4 so i was able to get off the motorway onto… the M4. Weird, I'd never noticed the spur down to Heathrow has the same designation.
It wheezed to a halt on the hard shoulder. By shaking the bike back and forth whilst switching the ignition on and off I persuaded some dregs into the carbs and was able to splutter a couple more miles to a 24hr filling station in Longford.
266 miles from that tankful, 20.5 litres to refill to the brim.
Suppose I ought to make another attempt to fix the low fuel warning light.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: 10 September 2016, 09:41:30 pm »
well yesterday got it out of the shop had new c+s fitted and new dunlop roadsmart 3 tyres fitted , out on it this morning as it was nice and dry ,,barely tipped it into a bend at the local shopping centre and out from under me she went  :'( :'( :'( slid for 20  feet or so and hit the biggest step around ,was only doing about 30 mph to my horror the forks got fucked up , luckily ive had the originals in storage with UNFAZED so hopefully the lower yoke isnt damaged " other than the nubbin broke off"and it will be straight forward swap ,the rest is pretty much cosmetic ,but still im feckin kicking myself  over it ,,frame sliders did a great job AGAIN  :lol ,,the right fork actually came back far enough to put a small ding in the frame believe it or not , should only be a problem if im ever selling it and that aint happening anytime soon,youd be suprised how much damage can happen with a low  speed spill,,
beware on new tyres guys  :thumbup

please god let the sun keep shining

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: 10 September 2016, 10:06:36 pm »
He was fine after I bought him a cup of coffee and gave him a little sympathy  :lol My wife told him she was used to it happening being married to me  :eek :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: 10 September 2016, 11:30:45 pm »
well yesterday got it out of the shop had new c+s fitted and new dunlop roadsmart 3 tyres fitted , out on it this morning as it was nice and dry ,,barely tipped it into a bend at the local shopping centre and out from under me she went  :'( :'( :'( slid for 20  feet or so and hit the biggest step around ,was only doing about 30 mph to my horror the forks got fucked up , luckily ive had the originals in storage with UNFAZED so hopefully the lower yoke isnt damaged " other than the nubbin broke off"and it will be straight forward swap ,the rest is pretty much cosmetic ,but still im feckin kicking myself  over it ,,frame sliders did a great job AGAIN  :lol ,,the right fork actually came back far enough to put a small ding in the frame believe it or not , should only be a problem if im ever selling it and that aint happening anytime soon,youd be suprised how much damage can happen with a low  speed spill,,
beware on new tyres guys  :thumbup

So sorry to hear your news and see the devastation in the photos, shame great looking bike.
I have heard of guys getting new covers fitted then going out and blasting about thinking all is now well with the new tyres on, as you know they really need a few hundred miles on the to scuff off the protective layer that is put on all new tyres this even applies to car tyres.
I don't know whether manufactures put this layer/coating on the tyres to protect them from deterioration during storage or whether it is a release agent from the mold when the tyres are cast, whatever it is it has been costly for a good number of riders.
I ran my Battlax in for about 500 miles before getting my arse over the side.
You can feel new tyres are waxy just by rubbing you thumb hard over the surface, Battlax have a blueish waxy coat on them that you can see at the edge of the chicken strip as you run them in.
Glad no personal damage was done apart from pride.
Reminds me of many many years ago after parking my BSA 500 A7 up at Southsea on a hot sunny day, at midday Jenny (then G/F) and I jumped on the bike and shot into Portsmouth to grab some scran for lunch turned into Commercial Road (Before being pedestrianized) and the front tyre peeled off the front rim as we were cranked over, lots of sparks and scrapping and grinding noises and the bike came to a rest with me still trapped under it, we had covered about 30 feet, Jenny had stuck to the road as soon as we touched down and was unhurt I had swiveled down the road lots of road rash to wrist, hip, elbow and ankle. The thing that pissed me off more than anything was that Jenny let out a shrill peel of laughter as I struggled to pick the old Beezer up, I had ripped the side out of my jeans and had ground through the side elastic part of my then fashionable Yfronts and my balls were hanging for all to see in the main shopping street in Portsmouth, of course because of the crash we had lot and lots of onlookers.
Home on the train with a pair of waterproof Barber type oilskin trousers on in about 27 degrees.
Oh Happy days, wonder what happened to that old Beezer A7? wonder what happened to Jenny?  :D 
« Last Edit: 11 September 2016, 03:44:47 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: 11 September 2016, 09:50:23 am »
Holy crap look at that fork and only 30mph - its like they are made out of a toilet roll   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6510 on: 11 September 2016, 12:17:06 pm »
Heartfelt commiserations Downey. Unfortunately this has happened to many of us over the years, and you just can't believe how it's happened.You'd think for a few quid extra there'd be some way of "neutralising" the release agent.
I remember when the 1200 Bandit first came out,a pal of mine,an ex racer, collected his new bike from the dealership.They had parked the bike in the road outside the shop, facing the oncoming traffic. He started his new bike,a quick look over his left shoulder looking for a gap in the traffic.Out with the clutch and before he'd got to the centre of the road it was on the floor having spun out from underneath him.Total heartbreaker.
With new tyres fitted I try and treat the first 100 miles or so as if the roads were icy.Even that is not foolproof though as I know to my cost.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: 11 September 2016, 02:39:24 pm »
cheers lads ,,just glad i didnt hit anyone as that brings a whole new set of problems ,,as a mate said to me it isnt exactly the speed you were doing its the weight behind the impact point and the thou are a bit on the heavy side for sure ,thing is ive scrubbed in tyres before without problems ,but these went out from under me as you say like ice,,bloody lesson learned anyway thats for sure  :thumbup

flakey

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: 11 September 2016, 08:45:54 pm »
I doubt any manufacturer uses release agent any more, perhaps this will help explain it,

Bridgestone's official line is they dont use release agent and accidents are due slow speeds conering where there there is less load on the tyre so the trye not being forced into the tarmac, couple that with brand new smooth tyres = recipe for disaster, there is a thread on here from bridgestone about tyres from way back in 2010 but for some reason when I copy and paste it doesnt show up.

« Last Edit: 11 September 2016, 08:58:22 pm by flakey »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: 11 September 2016, 11:46:01 pm »
There certainly a film of something on Bridgstone tyres as I slowly increase that angle of lean as I scuff/scrub new Battlax tyres in there is defiantly a blueish line along the edge of the chicken strip that disappears as you ride more aggressively.
I don't know if it is a release agent or a preservative but there is something on the tyre that diminishes as you ride.

See the video link below lots of tears that day I bet

« Last Edit: 11 September 2016, 11:47:45 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: 12 September 2016, 12:08:08 am »
The above link is broken on my iPad but seems to work on my Windows PC

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: 12 September 2016, 06:35:53 pm »
Apple do not support a lot of video formats apparently.

Picture below shows the film that has to be scuffed off Bridgstone Battlax tyres before you can hang over the edge of the seat. Shows up as a slightly blueish line on the edge of the chicken strip, as seen in photo

« Last Edit: 12 September 2016, 06:39:09 pm by tommyardin »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: 17 September 2016, 08:10:53 pm »
Fitted a nice new black alloy radiator guard and gave her a good clean/Polish

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: 18 September 2016, 09:05:55 pm »
Took a blast down to Loomies Bikers Cafe in Hants this arvo, it on the Winchester Road out of Petersfield the A272.
There must of been 200 or more bikes at Loomies.
I met a really nice guy named Fred, he was an old git like me and enjoyed his company as we munched on bacon sarnies, the healthy option (BROWN) bread, well you have to make some effort.

We chatted about our bikes he has a very nice Suzuki SV650 V twin, after about and hour or more of reminiscing it was decided it was time to go, we rode back on the A272 back to Petersfield together and parted at the roundabout by Maccy Dees at Petersfield.

Fred headed off to Chichester and I headed up the old Alpha 3 towards Guildford. Nice day, nice ride, nice guy.
tommyardin's silver Fazer in bottom pic, you all remember the Fastest.

Now heres a quiz for you, not much of a quiz as there are only two possible answers: Is the guy in the middle picture getting on his Duke or getting off? yes I do know cos the pictures are ripped off a video I made down there but it was to big to post on here.
ON?
or
OFF?
« Last Edit: 18 September 2016, 09:20:36 pm by tommyardin »

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: 18 September 2016, 10:47:18 pm »
hes definitly getting off i reckon

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: 19 September 2016, 08:42:04 am »
did nothing to the bike, but took all my riding kit and removed the Armour, washed it all and leather treated my gloves, removed the lining from both my helmets and ran them through the washing machine so now i can safely remove my kit and not smell like the cheese section in a delicatessens, sweat and the lining of my jackets has made me into a smelly mobile science experiment. hopefully I can now pull up somewhere without having rats and dogs wanting to nibble me or hump my leg  :)
was naughty this morning and rode to work in just a bomber jacket but didn't feel safe, so tonight all the jackets can be put back together if they are dry and i'll be a happy bunny again.

anybody else find their kit turns nasty over the summer?
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: 19 September 2016, 12:02:38 pm »
hes definitly getting off i reckon
You might be right  :rolleyes I will leave it a couple of days and then post another picture, and , when you view that picture and the one already posted you will know the answer.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: 19 September 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
Usual places today:

First day for a while I've noticed a bit of a chill in the air morning and evening while riding, although it was very warm at Wasdale.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: 19 September 2016, 11:55:05 pm »
Nick,

Are they the scree slopes on Wastwater? Wandered across them in 1997

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: 20 September 2016, 09:38:34 am »
Right again  :thumbup

I'm thinking about doing the walk along the top soon. Lord knows how they maintain the path along the screes, but might do that too.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: 20 September 2016, 04:09:52 pm »
awesome pics dude , u sure know your way round a camera  :thumbup