Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:21 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605028 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6475 on: 22 August 2016, 10:28:43 pm »
I went into a pub in Winchester with Terry a mate of mine and he asked what I wanted to drink and while I was umming are arring he said I have a pint of Stowford Press please landlord, when it was put on the counter he took an almighty swig and smacked his lips and said to the landlord I really should not be drinking this with what I've got, the Landlord looked at him with sympathy and said why what have you got? Terry said about £1-40. I fucking near fell over laughing. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Quality  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: 22 August 2016, 10:31:09 pm »
Haha!  £1.40,,,,  thoughs were the days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: 23 August 2016, 10:51:52 am »
Haha!  £1.40,,,,  thoughs were the days

We could spell back then as well. :pokefun ;)
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: 23 August 2016, 03:32:02 pm »
 ::)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: 23 August 2016, 03:48:39 pm »
Found this on my rear tyre after I got back from coast this afternoon. :eek,

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6480 on: 23 August 2016, 05:56:27 pm »
Latest pics from engineer. Subframe finished, just need lugs for the seat unit when we decide where on the frame it needs to sit to clear the tank when its pivoted up. Harris rear sets on properly, old brackets in the scrap bin.

Not quite before and after but this was what I purchased with the intention of cleaning it up a bit....

Latest pic's from the engineer

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: 24 August 2016, 08:02:40 pm »
Done 3 runs of Henstridge Airfield. Loads of fazers here, everything from boxeye 600s to an mt10. Great fun.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: 24 August 2016, 09:35:26 pm »
Removed the chain from the mighty thou, de-greased, soaked in engine oil over night, re-fitted this morning and re-greased

nice and smooth now    :)
« Last Edit: 24 August 2016, 09:48:54 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: 24 August 2016, 10:50:15 pm »
Found this on my rear tyre after I got back from coast this afternoon. :eek ,
Seems a strange direction for a tyre to get cut, you would expect it to be in direction of rotation.
???????

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: 25 August 2016, 08:55:26 am »
Seems a strange direction for a tyre to get cut, you would expect it to be in direction of rotation.
???????
That's what I thought, trouble is when you look at the tyre really close up it looks like a split not a cut, as if the tyre has got a manufacturing fault.
Its a Contimotion and found on the web there was a recall a couple of years ago for Contiattacks but only a certain size, not my size tyre. When I get it replaced on Saturday morning I am going to keep the old tyre and send some photos to Continental, see what they say.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: 25 August 2016, 09:56:51 am »
???????
That's what I thought, trouble is when you look at the tyre really close up it looks like a split not a cut, as if the tyre has got a manufacturing fault.
Its a Contimotion and found on the web there was a recall a couple of years ago for Contiattacks but only a certain size, not my size tyre. When I get it replaced on Saturday morning I am going to keep the old tyre and send some photos to Continental, see what they say.

What tyre are you going to replace it with ? not another Continental would be my guess.
Lots of good tyres out there and equally as many opinions as to which are the best.
I found a tyre that I am happy with and stick to what I know, I ride on Bridgstone Battlax, some say they are not so good in the wet (I sound like Mr Clarkson) all I know is 'Leave the bike in the shed when its raining'

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6486 on: 25 August 2016, 12:22:06 pm »

Check how old the tyre is (see https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age ) and when you had it fitted. It might have been old when it was "new" on the bike.  If so, you should have words with the fitter...

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: 25 August 2016, 01:02:46 pm »
???????

What tyre are you going to replace it with ? not another Continental would be my guess.
Lots of good tyres out there and equally as many opinions as to which are the best.
I found a tyre that I am happy with and stick to what I know, I ride on Bridgstone Battlax, some say they are not so good in the wet (I sound like Mr Clarkson) all I know is 'Leave the bike in the shed when its raining'

Undecided what to replace it with, front is a Contimotion as well, but looking at a pair of  Michelin PR3 or PR4 depending on price.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: 25 August 2016, 01:08:54 pm »

Check how old the tyre is (see https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age ) and when you had it fitted. It might have been old when it was "new" on the bike.  If so, you should have words with the fitter...
Fitter was a local tyre shop for cars and bikes but guy has gone out of business earlier this year, coincidence maybe :) .

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: 27 August 2016, 09:29:16 pm »
replaced the clutch cable "all by myself" :D  ten minute job,,as one thing leads to another decided to take out the air filter as it hadnt been cleaned or checked since it went in back in scotland while getting ivanized ,must be 2 if not 3 years back  :eek  i know im a tit ,it was black with the dirt even had a bit of rag in it ,dont ask me how that ended up in there :rolleyes  steeped it in kerosean and used k+n cleaner stuff i got from UNFAZED to to rinse off the kerosean ,put it in front of the hairdryer for an hour and by tommorro it should be fully dry.should be running a little cleaner then :D
please god let the sun keep shining

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: 29 August 2016, 09:49:49 pm »
Rode it on the Welsh boys favourite Crossgate to Newtown road. Pretty good along with several other roads around there.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: 04 September 2016, 08:37:56 pm »
not today but yesterday....fitted new chain and sprockets to the mighty thou.....now super ;) smooooooooooth     :thumbup

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: 04 September 2016, 10:12:57 pm »
Fazer 1000 in the garage stripped to do part of the Ivanising mod to the carbs to improve throttle response, have a spare set of carbs in case of disaster  :lol Also need to renew the Alternator/regulator connectors which are showing sign of burning. Waiting for the Torberry connectors as there are not enough of them in my box of tricks.

Played around with the front and rear suspension and made great improvements in the high speed direction changes before I stripped it.
Now I have good reason to modify the carbs  :)

Adam2201

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: 05 September 2016, 08:51:15 am »
Nice work,  it's a job I'm going to be doing very soon. Which chain riveter did you use? I've seen a few cheap ones on fleabay but I don't want it to fall apart half way through the job.

not today but yesterday....fitted new chain and sprockets to the mighty thou.....now super ;) smooooooooooth     :thumbup

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: 05 September 2016, 07:09:30 pm »
Hi adam.....its an "oxford" breaker/riviting tool, paid about £70 approx 4 yrs ago......ive never used the breaker option, quicker and easier just to use the angle grinder on the old chain......if I was to buy another I would go for the "DID" riviter......plenty out there to choose from but in this instance.........never buy cheap tools   ;)

as can be seen in the piccie.can break and rivit 520 and 530 chains so good for both 600 + 1000 fazers, you'll get a 520 only riviter cheaper....lucky me has both bikes so went for the bigger one  ...
« Last Edit: 05 September 2016, 07:18:54 pm by red98 »

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6495 on: 06 September 2016, 01:06:34 am »
all this chain talk ffs  :'(  my fazer was half way through havin new c+s fitted except i was 10 links short ,,idiots 12 months ago when D.I.D replaced a faulty chain they sent me this one which is a 106 link 530 chain  and was unoticed in my shed ,,"note to self always check the items in detail "when delivered  ,had to order a new chain while i argue the toss with them if i have any come back :rolleyes ,never anything straight forward huh
« Last Edit: 06 September 2016, 01:08:05 am by downey »
please god let the sun keep shining

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: 06 September 2016, 06:46:56 pm »
Went for a ride long the coast

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: 06 September 2016, 07:09:13 pm »
On a really fast red Fazer  :thumbup :lol 

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: 06 September 2016, 07:44:45 pm »
so fast it sticks to vertical surfaces it appears. NOT

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: 06 September 2016, 07:55:51 pm »
On a really fast red Fazer  :thumbup :lol

Look at the mud on the tyres obviously an agricultural vehicle and check out the chicken strips. :rolleyes :fish 
« Last Edit: 06 September 2016, 07:57:13 pm by tommyardin »