Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:26 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604982 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6425 on: 11 August 2016, 11:22:21 pm »
Engineer sent me a pic of the top subframe tube in place, or more to the point to ask me if I'm happy for him to carry on and finish it.
I think he got it right first time

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: 12 August 2016, 08:02:34 am »
Looking good

Intentionally left blank

Intentionally left blank

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: 12 August 2016, 08:03:04 pm »
Had a whizz down to Eastbourne to watch the airshow.Traffic everywhere,understandably,not exactly a memorable ride.Nice to see the Spit and Hurricane together with that insane Eurofighter,or whatever the thing with the after burners is called.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: 13 August 2016, 04:31:26 am »
that's it.. its gone.. :'(

we buy any bike have it now ... ok they ripped me off & knocked me down from £850 quoted to £650 cash but if anyone is buying a silver Fazer 600 look out for LY02NUB!!! & PM me before you buy it!!

(don't know why picture upside down on here it right way on laptop!)
Turn the laptop up the right way Robbie, FFS  :nana

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: 13 August 2016, 02:27:09 pm »
Balanced the carbs on the mighty thou.......only took 2 days   :o

gave the mighty thou a service the other evening and noticed it was a little bit lumpy on tick over, not balanced the carbs for a while so out with the gauges and sure enough no 2 is way out...bit surprised at that so I connected each gauge in turn to no1 cylinder and adjusted them to all read the same, not a lot in it just a tweek here and there, no 2 still as photo.after a fair bit of adjusting I finally got them right.........but the bloody thing wouldn't tick over, idle adjustment screw has always been a bit vague, gettin late so left it at that...in bits, and playing on my mind
 Up early this morning with all day to sort it out, that reading on no2 was bothering me and started to think I had a dodgy plug, not replaced them since I bought it 3 years ago, approx 12000 miles, so bought a new set....no change.......
   Check the gauges again ....out and sticking  :rolleyes......theres a screw valve on each of the vacuum hoses on the gauges that restrictes the flow and keeps the needle stable.loosed all four off so the needles were just flickering, just so I know they are not sticking...
Re-balanced the carbs, set the idle and BINGO...running nice and smooth.cracking the throttle open to the stop from idle and I get an instant responce,happy with that

reds top tip of the day..........check you equipment, twice   ;)
« Last Edit: 13 August 2016, 02:30:43 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: 13 August 2016, 02:30:29 pm »
After nearly 3 years and lots of procrastination I finally dug out the 600 from the back of the garage and it got to see sunlight

I've finally fitted the replacement rear fairing and tank from noggy and the carbs which have definitely improved how well the bike runs :) Popped the battery from the thou in and after a few coughs and splutters it fired up pretty easily which was a surprise. Took it for a quick spin up and down the street and it still runs pretty well... other than the brakes which are utter shite and the suspension which has seen better days.

The rear brakes are practically non-existent and the fronts judder like crazy... cheap non-oem discs were not a wise purchase unfortunately :( It would be nice to get it back to decent riding condition, but I reckon that's still a way off yet due to the cost of the parts needed. Still, a nice milestone to get it running under it's own power again :)

The Not So Blue Anymore Fazer 600
The Not So Blue Anymore Fazer 600

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: 13 August 2016, 10:55:36 pm »
A fantastic days Racing at the UGP. Good spin beck with Downey. :)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: 13 August 2016, 11:00:33 pm »
How many flies made their way inside?  I've got the same lid  and often have one come through I presume  the vent  :eek
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: 14 August 2016, 12:05:17 am »
Did not notice any in this one, but have got the odd one in on other helmets, never sure how they got in though  :rolleyes
I normally close the vents when riding in the late evenings or night to stop flies gettin stuck in the vents and smelling like fish after a few days  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: 14 August 2016, 01:49:26 pm »
Did not notice any in this one, but have got the odd one in on other helmets, never sure how they got in though  :rolleyes
I normally close the vents when riding in the late evenings or night to stop flies gettin stuck in the vents and smelling like fish after a few days  :eek

I close the vents on my LS2 FF393 Convert when I go swimming for that very same reason, F-----g fish. :fish
« Last Edit: 14 August 2016, 04:52:45 pm by tommyardin »

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: 14 August 2016, 05:04:17 pm »
 :lol :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: 16 August 2016, 12:21:11 am »

gave the mighty thou a service the other evening and noticed it was a little bit lumpy on tick over, not balanced the carbs for a while so out with the gauges and sure enough no 2 is way out...bit surprised at that so I connected each gauge in turn to no1 cylinder and adjusted them to all read the same, not a lot in it just a tweek here and there, no 2 still as photo.after a fair bit of adjusting I finally got them right.........but the bloody thing wouldn't tick over, idle adjustment screw has always been a bit vague, gettin late so left it at that...in bits, and playing on my mind
 Up early this morning with all day to sort it out, that reading on no2 was bothering me and started to think I had a dodgy plug, not replaced them since I bought it 3 years ago, approx 12000 miles, so bought a new set....no change.......
   Check the gauges again ....out and sticking  :rolleyes ......theres a screw valve on each of the vacuum hoses on the gauges that restrictes the flow and keeps the needle stable.loosed all four off so the needles were just flickering, just so I know they are not sticking...
Re-balanced the carbs, set the idle and BINGO...running nice and smooth.cracking the throttle open to the stop from idle and I get an instant responce,happy with that

Hi Red,
Just ordered a set of gauges exactly the same as those in your photo on your 1K. I was looking at the linear type that CarbTune sell but most places were close to 100 quid for a 4 pot set, and, a couple of sellers on FleaBay were advertising them bad boys for 130-140. I picked up the 4 pot dial set for 35 quid on Flea bay, they are identical to yours right down to the 4 little white valves that go inline in the rubber pipes.

It might be a case of 'Got all the gear but no fucking idea' watch this space and listen out for the screams.  :'( :'(

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: 16 August 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
Went for a blast down to Portland and Lulworth Cove. Bleedin nice day too.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: 16 August 2016, 09:07:03 pm »

Check the gauges again ....out and sticking  :rolleyes ......theres a screw valve on each of the vacuum hoses on the gauges that restrictes the flow and keeps the needle stable.loosed all four off so the needles were just flickering, just so I know they are not sticking...

Hi Red,
Just ordered a set of gauges exactly the same as those in your photo on your 1K. I was looking at the linear type that CarbTune sell but most places were close to 100 quid for a 4 pot set, and, a couple of sellers on FleaBay were advertising them bad boys for 130-140. I picked up the 4 pot dial set for 35 quid on Flea bay, they are identical to yours right down to the 4 little white valves that go inline in the rubber pipes.

It might be a case of 'Got all the gear but no fucking idea' watch this space and listen out for the screams.  :'( :'(

hi tommy...the gauges are a good buy, had mine for a few years now, price on the box £65.....as my last post, make sure you calibrate them before you start, small silver screw on face if they need adjusting.....lets us know how you get on, pm me if you have any trouble, you can rely on me to take the pass....oooops, I mean help a fellow foccer out.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: 16 August 2016, 09:18:51 pm »
Went for a blast down to Portland and Lulworth Cove. Bleedin nice day too.

Wot......no piccies    :useless

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: 17 August 2016, 05:47:31 pm »

Hi Red,

hi tommy...the gauges are a good buy, had mine for a few years now, price on the box £65.....as my last post, make sure you calibrate them before you start, small silver screw on face if they need adjusting.....lets us know how you get on, pm me if you have any trouble, you can rely on me to take the pass....oooops, I mean help a fellow foccer out.

I have a set of those for a dozen years or more, the only weakness (or maybe it's been improved) is the quality of hose supplied: it perished and cracked very quickly. Easily replaced with better hose though (oh and if the damping valves break or you lose one, the same thing can be bought from aquarium suppliers for the aeration pumps) - don't ask me how I know (bloody house moving)....

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: 17 August 2016, 08:24:01 pm »
Worcester to Bournemouth and back for a work job.
have ordered a pair of tyres this evening as when checking it over and putting it away, ready for Friday's trip to the same, I found a fucking nail in the rear  :grumble .
Not sure where I picked it up on the 130 mile return but its leaking like a good un.  :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble
Have to use the car for the rest of the week  :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: 17 August 2016, 09:36:38 pm »

Hi Red,

I have a set of those for a dozen years or more, the only weakness (or maybe it's been improved) is the quality of hose supplied: it perished and cracked very quickly. Easily replaced with better hose though (oh and if the damping valves break or you lose one, the same thing can be bought from aquarium suppliers for the aeration pumps) - don't ask me how I know (bloody house moving)....

Cool, They sound like a good buy then Red & Pilninggas,

I have a couple of Aquariums and recognized the valves a the type that are used to regulate the air flow to under-gravel filters and air stones. Cant quite work out how they are used in this situation though because if you have one valve opened slightly more that another the dials will read different because of resistance or lack there of by the maladjusted valve, we will see, and you will hear the blood curdling scream coming from the depths of Hampshire.   

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: 18 August 2016, 07:22:26 am »
I have a set like that - the valves are to dampen any pulses out so the needles are more accurate.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: 18 August 2016, 03:40:10 pm »
I have a set like that - the valves are to dampen any pulses out so the needles are more accurate.

Ahh! OK so the valves just stop the individual needles from bouncing.
IE: adjust each valve to stabilize the needles.

'Buster's Motor Cycle Accessories' are selling these Bad Boys for £33-99 inc VAT and Postage, seems like a good deal to me and the delivery was rapid.
The packing info said that 4 valves are including in the purchase but my box had 8 valves in it, just a packing error i guess.

I have been looking for a while now at replacing my Yamaha Pogo Stick with a Hagon rear shocker.
I'm told that it really improves the handing and makes the bike feel much more planted, so was about to make the purchase and started reading things like the Hagon is a good unit but if you really want the best go for the Nitron Gas shocker, so will most likely go the Nitron route trouble is its £414-00 with VAT as opposed to £299-50 with VAT for the Hagon unit. OUCH!

Any opinions would be most gratefully received with regard to the Hagon/Nitron topic. 

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: 19 August 2016, 01:47:04 am »
I've got a Hagon shock on my FJ1200 and it really transformed the handling (although the original shock had 50k miles on it when I changed it).

Have you thought about Kebab 19's R6 shock conversion for the Fazer - Google reports from members I think and cheaper than either of the shocks you've priced.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: 19 August 2016, 01:58:48 am »
I realised today, that apart from yesterday and today, the last time I did a journey (on a road bike) of more than 30 or 40 "local" miles on anything smaller than a 1000cc bike was 1986. Over the years I've been seduced by the instant overtaking power of my FJ1200's, the Fazer 1000 and Aprilia RSV.

Yesterday and today, I've used the Fazer 600 for my 200 mile round-trip work commute from the Midlands down to Wiltshire and back (using the Fosse Way).

What a blast the 600 was. Comfy, fast, gutsy enough for every overtake, nice handling, and even riding "briskly" it went over 250 miles on a tankful of fuel - is this the normal range ? Oh, and the noise from the Blue Flame can (without the lower spout plug) at 7-11k rpm was awesome 🙂

My son, who rides the 600 most says he usually reckons to go around 220 miles on a tank, but says he always fills it before it gets really low. Given my abundant use of revs and the throttle, I wasn't expecting such good fuel mileage.
« Last Edit: 19 August 2016, 02:00:50 am by Millietant »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: 19 August 2016, 09:19:33 am »
I've got a Hagon shock on my FJ1200 and it really transformed the handling (although the original shock had 50k miles on it when I changed it).

Have you thought about Kebab 19's R6 shock conversion for the Fazer - Google reports from members I think and cheaper than either of the shocks you've priced.

I have thought about the R6 conversion but I understand that a lot of the R6 shocks that are advertised on FleaBay are not correct for the application (something to do with the rebound adjusters whether they are separate or piggyback adjusters)
I am led to believe that the piggyback adjuster shock is the correct one but they are becoming as rare as rocking horse shit.
 The other thing that influences my decisions about the Niton or Hagon is that I am a lazy bastard with very limited spanner skill, knowledge, patience and I know nothing about dog bones, spacers or shims, in fact I don't even like dogs, fucking things jumping up at you with their claws down your new leathers, you turn and walk away from them and step in a pile of dog shit, hang on I don't think I took my medication this morning. Better go and take it now.
 :lol :finger :wall :wall :smash

Robgosty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: 19 August 2016, 04:02:52 pm »
Fixed the bastard dodgy plug and socket under the tank that caused me to breakdown at work yesterday  :(  had broken down once before a few weeks ago (no ignition lights everything dead) but tweaked all plugs and sockets near battery and it all came back on, cleaned em all in switch cleaner and thought job was a good un, (until last night) if you have a older bike, mine is 2002 gen 1 Fazer 1000, it might be as well to do a bit of preventive maintenance under the tank  :)