Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:01 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604950 times)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6075 on: 04 May 2016, 10:18:32 pm »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin good on ya tommy
please god let the sun keep shining

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: 04 May 2016, 10:19:44 pm »
Fuck London it's a shit hole whoever is in it.  :z

Just to lighten it up a bit, I off out down the coast on the FZS 600 refugee wagon tomoz, get a few in my new Givi top box,  The weather look good so a tip run to the beach dip the old toes, steal a few jobs.

Whats the difference between a drum and a wank......................
...................................................................................
...................................................................................
You can beat a drum.  :rolleyes :eek :oops

Well said Tommy, you got my vote mate :smokin
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: 04 May 2016, 10:35:27 pm »
I admit it was a bit of a vent but I make no apologies Tommy. If I was retired it would probably bore me too but then I've always been a selfish bastard  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: 05 May 2016, 11:55:05 am »
Took it in to pass it's MOT  :D

All ready for Europe now  :)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: 05 May 2016, 05:01:29 pm »
I went out for a ride with Dazza to Headcorn Airfield.  Went down some cracking roads and I even managed to get a lick on round the twisties, I must be gaining confidence  :)

While we were watching the planes another Fazer turned up, a chap called Phil, nice chap.  He should be introducing himself on here soon and joining us for some LOFO rideouts.  :thumbup

While we were chatting we even got our own acrobatic display for about 20 minutes.

A cracking afternoon out.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: 05 May 2016, 05:59:21 pm »
Washed it and then cleaned and lubed the chain. Also cleaned and greased the stands as they were getting a bit stiff

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: 05 May 2016, 09:17:40 pm »
A run up the East coast from Teesside to Newcastle.... Lovely sunny and warm day.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: 05 May 2016, 09:36:03 pm »
I went out for a ride with Dazza to Headcorn Airfield.  Went down some cracking roads and I even managed to get a lick on round the twisties, I must be gaining confidence  :)

While we were watching the planes another Fazer turned up, a chap called Phil, nice chap.  He should be introducing himself on here soon and joining us for some LOFO rideouts.  :thumbup

While we were chatting we even got our own acrobatic display for about 20 minutes.

A cracking afternoon out.

Nice little run out Mr Hornby, sometimes a couple or three hours is all you need to get your fix.

And I noticed you were getting a lick on too, I normally have to wait a lot longer.  :lol
« Last Edit: 05 May 2016, 09:39:55 pm by dazza »

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: 06 May 2016, 02:05:06 pm »
Took the fuel tank for some small modifications.....cough........and the SRAD top yoke is having the ignition switch mount milled off............Not looking like it's going to be on the road anytime soon
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: 06 May 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
Nice run over to the sunny Teesside coast with the Mrs for some chips and a cuppa.

First time she's been pillion on a bike and first time Iv had someone on the back. Interesting afternoon :)
« Last Edit: 06 May 2016, 06:51:03 pm by MMCMME »

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: 06 May 2016, 06:54:30 pm »
Rode it to Riders of Bristol and back .

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: 07 May 2016, 09:19:20 am »
I've done over 700 miles since I passed my mod 2 last week and I love the fazer,  runs and rides beautifully,  still learning though and trying to get my cornering better each ride,  any tips?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: 07 May 2016, 04:00:58 pm »
Rode it. Still getting used to it again after fitting the R6 shock, definately able to chuck it into a corner more now, it's great :)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: 07 May 2016, 04:29:53 pm »
Rode it. Still getting used to it again after fitting the R6 shock, definately able to chuck it into a corner more now, it's great :)
I noticed that after my recent chain & sprocket set and new front springs were changed over, now riding the bike I'm not sure if the gears are right, seem to have to go through the box quite fast but it could just be me getting used to complete new set up compared to what I had :(
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: 07 May 2016, 04:52:36 pm »
I also noticed that when I ride my 600 Foxeye 2003 (That the very very fast Silver Model) with the good lady on the back the bike is much much slower, I also hear a really strange banging sound if we go above about 65mph, the banging sound is coming from the back of my skid lid, almost sounds like someone is thumping it trying to make the bike go slower, never happens when its just me I can get it up to 135 + and it never make a sound, I need to look into that. :lol

Sunbathed in the back garden yesterday, have a garden that is not overlooked, so got all my kit off and like a fucking idiot fell asleep my little weiner now looks like a shriveled cocktail sausage, it was never something to shout about at the best of times, but, as I'm 69 now those best of times are long gone. :'(

Mrs and I went out for a run around on the bike this afternoon only about 40 miles along the south Downs out to Winchester, don't that oil seed rape stink also make my eyes sore but not a sore as my weiner, lol.
Better get out on the patio now and remove the dead bodies off my fairing, fork legs and radiator cover. Mind you most of the dead insects are on the back of the bike when the wife is with me, it's just that they misjudge it as they overtake me. :eek

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: 07 May 2016, 05:25:27 pm »

Sunbathed in the back garden yesterday, have a garden that is not overlooked, so got all my kit off and like a fucking idiot fell asleep my little weiner now looks like a shriveled cocktail sausage, it was never something to shout about at the best of times, but, as I'm 69 now those best of times are long gone. :'(

TOO. MUCH. INFORMATION!  Can we go back to politics? Please?! :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: 07 May 2016, 05:58:06 pm »
I've done over 700 miles since I passed my mod 2 last week and I love the fazer,  runs and rides beautifully,  still learning though and trying to get my cornering better each ride,  any tips?

The info written below is my opinion only and you can choose to take notice or ignore it, you makes you own decisions and therefore it is your responsibility.

IN MY OPINION:
The biggest mistake when cornering on a bike is panic, your coming into a long sweeping bend, you look down at you clock fuck 75mphI've overcooked it, you tighten up your whole body in a panic and grip the bars almost crushing them oval, you have now got no control of the bike at all, your shoulders are locked up in blind panic. Two things are likely to happen, you either run wide hoping you hit nothing (not likely at them speeds) or you hit the brakes, either course of action is going to end in tears.

Modern motorcycles and and modern tyres are not likely to let you down on bends, you can crank most motorcycle over much further than you can imagine or believe. Of course there is cow shit and gravel on bends along country roads so you need to be aware and try to anticipate what might be around a bend.
You are entering a bend, don't focus on the road 40 or 50 yards in front of you look ahead to where the road disappears around the bend out of your sight, keep looking around the bend and you will see the point that the bend starts to straighten out, slowly roll the throttle on through out the remainder of the bend you are now in control and the bike is under power being driven out of the bend.

If you feel you have overcooked it on a bend the worse thing you can do is panic and chop the throttle shut and/or hit the brakes, trust your bike and your ability (as long as you have decent tyres) I would say that 99 percent of the time you will make it around the bend, push down on the bars and slowly roll the throttle on powering out out of the bend and you will have a monster smile on your face and a new found love of your steed. Panic, brake and chop the throttle the bike will stand up and 99 percent chance you will come off, heading for some serious gravel rash and expensive repairs.

The GP boys go over and scratch knees, elbows and occasionally bars on the track, I know the Fazers are not GP bikes' but they will crank over much further than most riders ever push them, the reason most riders come off and I include myself in this is because they panic and that fear immobilizes you.

My advice would be enjoy your bike, experiment with riding techniques ie: employ a loose riding grip, relax you will feel less bumps and it is far less fatiguing.
Understand the principles of counter steering and have faith in your bike, a motorcycle moving at speed naturally wants to stand up and go in a straight line, the wheels want follow each other, let go of the bars and your bike will want to travel in a straight line, just watch the racers as they cross the line at 120mph plus waving their arms above their heads giving clenched fists to the crowds, straight line.
Ride within your comfort zone for a while, and, as you feel a little more confident push yourself a little, that is how you improve, otherwise your comfort zone is stationary.

I don't ride anywhere near as hard as I used to, I recognise that at my age I don't bounce so freely anymore.
The 600 Fazer is a great choice of bike, it truly is a great all rounder whether commuting, touring or scratching down county lanes, I am thinking about getting a Gen1 1,000cc, but my baby Fazer stays because its so versatile and I love it.
Especially as it a really, really fast SILVER one.    :lol          

« Last Edit: 07 May 2016, 05:58:57 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: 07 May 2016, 06:02:46 pm »

LOL! OK sorry about that

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: 07 May 2016, 06:22:40 pm »

LOL! OK sorry about that

I will try again I agree much to much information, you haven't got a little plaster have you?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: 07 May 2016, 06:35:23 pm »

I will try again I agree much to much information, you haven't got a little plaster have you?

Sorry, nothing that small  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: 07 May 2016, 06:39:20 pm »

Sorry, nothing that small  :lol

Not even one of those old fashioned corn plasters you know the one with the 7mm hole in it  :'(
[size=78%] [/size]

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: 07 May 2016, 07:10:28 pm »

The info written below is my opinion only and you can choose to take notice or ignore it, you makes you own decisions and therefore it is your responsibility.

IN MY OPINION:
The biggest mistake when cornering on a bike is panic, your coming into a long sweeping bend, you look down at you clock fuck 75mphI've overcooked it, you tighten up your whole body in a panic and grip the bars almost crushing them oval, you have now got no control of the bike at all, your shoulders are locked up in blind panic. Two things are likely to happen, you either run wide hoping you hit nothing (not likely at them speeds) or you hit the brakes, either course of action is going to end in tears.

Modern motorcycles and and modern tyres are not likely to let you down on bends, you can crank most motorcycle over much further than you can imagine or believe. Of course there is cow shit and gravel on bends along country roads so you need to be aware and try to anticipate what might be around a bend.
You are entering a bend, don't focus on the road 40 or 50 yards in front of you look ahead to where the road disappears around the bend out of your sight, keep looking around the bend and you will see the point that the bend starts to straighten out, slowly roll the throttle on through out the remainder of the bend you are now in control and the bike is under power being driven out of the bend.

If you feel you have overcooked it on a bend the worse thing you can do is panic and chop the throttle shut and/or hit the brakes, trust your bike and your ability (as long as you have decent tyres) I would say that 99 percent of the time you will make it around the bend, push down on the bars and slowly roll the throttle on powering out out of the bend and you will have a monster smile on your face and a new found love of your steed. Panic, brake and chop the throttle the bike will stand up and 99 percent chance you will come off, heading for some serious gravel rash and expensive repairs.

The GP boys go over and scratch knees, elbows and occasionally bars on the track, I know the Fazers are not GP bikes' but they will crank over much further than most riders ever push them, the reason most riders come off and I include myself in this is because they panic and that fear immobilizes you.

My advice would be enjoy your bike, experiment with riding techniques ie: employ a loose riding grip, relax you will feel less bumps and it is far less fatiguing.
Understand the principles of counter steering and have faith in your bike, a motorcycle moving at speed naturally wants to stand up and go in a straight line, the wheels want follow each other, let go of the bars and your bike will want to travel in a straight line, just watch the racers as they cross the line at 120mph plus waving their arms above their heads giving clenched fists to the crowds, straight line.
Ride within your comfort zone for a while, and, as you feel a little more confident push yourself a little, that is how you improve, otherwise your comfort zone is stationary.

I don't ride anywhere near as hard as I used to, I recognise that at my age I don't bounce so freely anymore.
The 600 Fazer is a great choice of bike, it truly is a great all rounder whether commuting, touring or scratching down county lanes, I am thinking about getting a Gen1 1,000cc, but my baby Fazer stays because its so versatile and I love it.

Thanks Tommy,  great info there,  I'm definitely getting better and having more faith in the bike,  only passed a week ago and learning every time I ride,  great bike and great weather atm :)  ride safe

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: 07 May 2016, 08:34:35 pm »

IN MY OPINION:

Thanks Tommy,  great info there,  I'm definitely getting better and having more faith in the bike,  only passed a week ago and learning every time I ride,  great bike and great weather atm :)  ride safe

Hey a hold of Keith codes twist of the wrist 2. A lot of what Tommy has mentioned is in it but it's worth a read anyway (think there's a film of it as well if your a lazy fecker :lol) might even be on YouTube

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: 08 May 2016, 12:20:55 am »

IN MY OPINION:

Hey a hold of Keith codes twist of the wrist 2. A lot of what Tommy has mentioned is in it but it's worth a read anyway (think there's a film of it as well if your a lazy fecker :lol ) might even be on YouTube

I agree with the above but one thing I would suggest is getting used to the feel of braking in a corner, don't go grabbing a handful of front brake but just as you start tipping into a corner gently apply the front brake, just enough so you can feel it start to lift the front (front brake will try to stand the bike up) keep the brake on and pull the bike down, when you reach the apex slowly release the brake at the same time adding power.

I know I'm going to take some flack for the above statement but I personally believe its important to feel how the bike reacts in certain situations and if you ever do feel you have far to much speed to make the turn you will hopefully understand how to counteract the force generated by your brakes so you can stop the bike running wide and make the turn before running out of road
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: 08 May 2016, 08:42:06 am »

IN MY OPINION:

Hey a hold of Keith codes twist of the wrist 2. A lot of what Tommy has mentioned is in it but it's worth a read anyway (think there's a film of it as well if your a lazy fecker :lol ) might even be on YouTube

I agree with the above but one thing I would suggest is getting used to the feel of braking in a corner, don't go grabbing a handful of front brake but just as you start tipping into a corner gently apply the front brake, just enough so you can feel it start to lift the front (front brake will try to stand the bike up) keep the brake on and pull the bike down, when you reach the apex slowly release the brake at the same time adding power.

I know I'm going to take some flack for the above statement but I personally believe its important to feel how the bike reacts in certain situations and if you ever do feel you have far to much speed to make the turn you will hopefully understand how to counteract the force generated by your brakes so you can stop the bike running wide and make the turn before running out of road

All of the above is great advice, that I'm having to relearn as well. I had almost a year off the bike due to a knee injury and have pretty much lost my confidence. Last week I overcooked it into a left hander, froze, ran wide and blind into the oncoming lane. Thank fuck it was 4.15am and no-one was coming!

This is the best £325 I ever spent since passing my test three years ago:
http://www.circuitbasedtraining.co.uk/courses/advanced-cornering-mallory-325

Sean there taught me all of the above, including emergency braking at 60mph round a bend, giving me the confidence to know what to do should the worst happen.
I know I'm going to have to go again so will book sometime this summer.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.