Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:01 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605016 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6050 on: 02 May 2016, 07:00:17 pm »
Replaced my front shock springs.

Slightly longer than original so should give me more feedback and was pretty hard to put the caps back on but eventually sorted and tightened up :thumbup

Now on look out for spring compression tool to do my rear spring replacement :)

Might even look at getting the rear shock powder coated a different colour as purple doesn't really go with my red bike :(
« Last Edit: 02 May 2016, 08:17:40 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: 02 May 2016, 09:04:23 pm »
Hey Sinto is that the standard Toys-R-Us Pogo you have on the rear?
I looking towards picking up/purchasing a Hagon rear shock, but have to wait for the Mrs to go away for a few days for some reason or other  :'( :rollin Its know as argue about it after its fitted, when Hagon wont take it back because its been on a bike. Jobs-a-goodun

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: 02 May 2016, 09:08:55 pm »
Hey Sinto is that the standard Toys-R-Us Pogo you have on the rear?
I looking towards picking up/purchasing a Hagon rear shock, but have to wait for the Mrs to go away for a few days for some reason or other  :'( :rollin Its know as argue about it after its fitted, when Hagon wont take it back because its been on a bike. Jobs-a-goodun
Yes it's standard pogo :lol and with most of the bike it's been on there since 1998 and done 28,400 miles but I'm gradually getting through the bits and replacing them :thumbup
My Mrs went away a few years ago so I wouldn't have that hassle :uhuh
« Last Edit: 02 May 2016, 09:16:44 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: 03 May 2016, 04:08:18 pm »
Another MOT another pass.... New boots needed soon mind.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: 03 May 2016, 06:03:45 pm »
Put some air in the tyres and rode it .

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: 03 May 2016, 06:29:52 pm »
cleaned  it and realised ive to replace my fork seals  :groan  wiping it was akin to drying its tears :'(
please god let the sun keep shining

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: 03 May 2016, 11:37:07 pm »
I also tried the can of fuel on the back and ran it dry a couple of years ago. I also got 50 miles.....thought it was never going to run out!

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: 04 May 2016, 08:02:02 am »
I also tried the can of fuel on the back and ran it dry a couple of years ago. I also got 50 miles.....thought it was never going to run out!

Know the feeling! After about 35-40 miles I was wondering if someone had slipped a couple of extra litres in.....

Cheers

Markie

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: 04 May 2016, 08:57:01 am »
Hey I'm going to order my new rear shock today but there seems to be two Shocks for the FZS600 on the Hagon website, is it a different shock for the earlier fazers. Can anyone tell me the first four letters of a say 1998 Fazer FZS600 frame number? Ta :thumbup 

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: 04 May 2016, 01:42:07 pm »
Ordered a new silencer to exhaust pipe gasket on Sat am from Wemoto-arrived this morning-now fitted, having scraped away residue of previous gasket and installed new one with a little copper grease. All secure & tight! :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: 04 May 2016, 02:06:45 pm »
Ordered a new silencer to exhaust pipe gasket on Sat am from Wemoto-arrived this morning-now fitted, having scraped away residue of previous gasket and installed new one with a little copper grease. All secure & tight! :lol
You ( of course ) took pictures of the procedure to show us all how its done and so we can see the before and after gasket, ----- right ? 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: 04 May 2016, 03:23:43 pm »
Took an  morning ride to Seaways cafe at Fridaythorpe then carried on to Bridlington for fish and chips, home in time to pick grandson up for school. Nice to feel the sun again.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: 04 May 2016, 04:21:18 pm »
 Handed my notice in at work over being focced over for money then made the most of the sunshine and rode over the South Downs. New start on Monday, better money so I couldn't give a foc.  8)
« Last Edit: 04 May 2016, 04:28:14 pm by dazza »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: 04 May 2016, 04:40:30 pm »
"Handed my notice in at work" :), feels wonderful when you can do that and have something else already lined up.
Did the same thing 14 years ago and still remember the over the top reaction from plant manager, I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: 04 May 2016, 04:59:48 pm »
Oh yes, been ignoring the petty mindedness so far. Not even bothered about the money, it's the principle. The best bit though is I appear to have started a mass exodus. :\   :D

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: 04 May 2016, 05:04:02 pm »
It must be the season for it.  I resigned 2 weeks ago after 12 years in the job, I'm currently on 2 weeks "gardening leave".  It a weight off my shoulders now I've resigned  :)
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: 04 May 2016, 06:02:05 pm »
Handed my notice in at work over being focced over for money then made the most of the sunshine and rode over the South Downs. New start on Monday, better money so I couldn't give a foc.  8)

Where about were you on the South Downs cos I saw a yellow Fazer on my way to Portsmouth today.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: 04 May 2016, 06:08:15 pm »
All these guys handing in their notice, well I'm retired although my daughter says I'm retarded not retired, makes you glad you sired them. :lol
Hope it all works out for you guys.
I retired last May, just a year ago now, I worked on untill I was 68 but packed up because of crumbled wrist bones, I worked in construction a Brickie and the Doctors said it was Impact and rotation damage but I still think its been to much other wrist action LOL :evil

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: 04 May 2016, 06:42:42 pm »

Where about were you on the South Downs cos I saw a yellow Fazer on my way to Portsmouth today.
Not unless you went via Maidstone  :D  Actually, I say South Downs, I meant North Downs. They just happen to be in the South East of England... That always throws me.  :lol

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: 04 May 2016, 06:56:35 pm »

Not unless you went via Maidstone  :D  Actually, I say South Downs, I meant North Downs. They just happen to be in the South East of England... That always throws me.  :lol

:lol
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: 04 May 2016, 07:08:36 pm »
Nice ride to Mersea in my split,  awww the sun was shining :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: 04 May 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
Right........yous are all sacked!!!

Oh yous already left :\ ....

Funny how all yous foccers jacked it in when the sun is out eh.

Seriously though i've got at least 35 years to go until i can retire but im still all for power to the people.....posts like the above will become ever more rare while the tory boy, oxygen depriving, cum snorters are running our companies......they think that we cant or wont leave & although it is sad to see good folk go it is utterly satisfying  to prove the posh knobs wrong 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: 04 May 2016, 08:27:53 pm »
You are spot on there  Noggy.  This is the problem we have got..... My industry, the London Underground is full of Eastern Europeans, Nigerians, South Africans and more recently Western Europeans. Some of them have made England their home and others are using England to earn enough money to have a luxury home built in their own country after only 5 years graft. Some of them are working for 65 a shift and living 6 to 10 in a shared house reducing their overheads.  As for paying tax, no they are not. They are all using Bulgarian accountants or now outlawed managed service companies and paying the minimal amount of tax they can get away with.
Employers are trying to use this to devalue our worth and make us feel lucky we still have a job giving them the leverage to fuck us over for money and reduce our rates.
I say...... Fuck them, Fuck the government and Fuck anyone who dares to call me a racist. Give me Quality over quantity every time and just like getting the fuck out of Europe, sometimes, you've just got to have a bit of confidence in your ability to make the best out of an uncertain situation when you know you are being fucked over by remaining in your current one.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: 04 May 2016, 09:15:28 pm »
You are spot on there  Noggy.  This is the problem we have got..... My industry, the London Underground is full of Eastern Europeans, Nigerians, South Africans and more recently Western Europeans. Some of them have made England their home and others are using England to earn enough money to have a luxury home built in their own country after only 5 years graft. Some of them are working for 65 a shift and living 6 to 10 in a shared house reducing their overheads.  As for paying tax, no they are not. They are all using Bulgarian accountants or now outlawed managed service companies and paying the minimal amount of tax they can get away with.
Employers are trying to use this to devalue our worth and make us feel lucky we still have a job giving them the leverage to fuck us over for money and reduce our rates.
I say...... Fuck them, Fuck the government and Fuck anyone who dares to call me a racist. Give me Quality over quantity every time and just like getting the fuck out of Europe, sometimes, you've just got to have a bit of confidence in your ability to make the best out of an uncertain situation when you know you are being fucked over by remaining in your current one.

Good on you mate, good on you......your post isnt racist to me.........it is the head sheds that have engineered the situation for their own needs & while yes a little bit of integration is acceptable what they are doing in places is making them actually completely foreign which in itself isnt actually all that bad if you are servicing a foreign customer but i still doubt that this is the case albeit we all know that migration has hit unnoficial highs it is still the minority...surely there are more british born using these services than non british born?.....so why should the minority control..........the real reason is like you say......to drive down your wages & who knows maybe they can retire a few years early...to me it is that simple....wankers being in control trying to better themselves while the rest of us fight & pick up the pieces.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: 04 May 2016, 09:40:36 pm »
Fuck sake I thought this a party political broadcast then.  :z

Just to lighten it up a bit, I off out down the coast on the FZS 600 tomoz. The weather look good so a run to the beach dip the old toes.

Whats the difference between a drum and a wank......................
...................................................................................
...................................................................................
You can beat a drum.  :rolleyes :eek :oops