Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:39 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604884 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6000 on: 28 April 2016, 10:56:35 pm »
Ouch, have  94 1.8 Eunos, cars a piece of cake to work on. Cam belt and water pump a lazy days work on the drive. Very little to go wrong, rust seems to be the number one killer
In the drive? Can't you get it in the house next to your bike then? :lol is that not a hairdressers car anyway? :pokefun
« Last Edit: 28 April 2016, 10:59:46 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: 28 April 2016, 10:58:57 pm »
Only if I hit the back door at about a ton....
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: 28 April 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
Ouch, have  94 1.8 Eunos, cars a piece of cake to work on. Cam belt and water pump a lazy days work on the drive. Very little to go wrong, rust seems to be the number one killer
Is that not a hairdressers car anyway? :pokefun

Sharp intake of breath!!!!! Did Sinto really say that.
That is what some old sod in here says about my lil MR2, even supplied me with a sticker for the back of it that read 'No Hairdressing Equipment Left In This Vehicle Overnight' there are some spiteful foccers in here, really know how to hurt a girls feelings lol :lol [size=78%] [/size]

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: 28 April 2016, 11:18:52 pm »
If you ever get the chance to thrash one down a twisty back road you'll wonder why they got that reputation. Amazing amount of grip considering how narrow the tyre's are. Great fun.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: 28 April 2016, 11:32:08 pm »
That is what some old sod in here says about my lil MR2, even supplied me with a sticker for the back of it that read 'No Hairdressing Equipment Left In This Vehicle Overnight' there are some spiteful foccers in here, really know how to hurt a girls feelings lol :lol
Yes I said it :lol
As a baldy I have no reason to frequent such establishments so I have no fear of getting tongs or curlers thrown at me in anger :lol
If you ever get the chance to thrash one down a twisty back road you'll wonder why they got that reputation. Amazing amount of grip considering how narrow the tyre's are. Great fun.
I've never had a reason to thrash a hairdresser :pokefun
Oh, you mean their cars? I've thrashed many down a twisty road as most drivers are too busy looking in their mirrors to make sure the wind hasn't put their hair out of place :rollin :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: 28 April 2016, 11:38:18 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: 28 April 2016, 11:54:21 pm »
That is what some old sod in here says about my lil MR2, even supplied me with a sticker for the back of it that read 'No Hairdressing Equipment Left In This Vehicle Overnight' there are some spiteful foccers in here, really know how to hurt a girls feelings lol :lol
Yes I said it :lol
As a baldy I have no reason to frequent such establishments so I have no fear of getting tongs or curlers thrown at me in anger :lol
I've never had a reason to thrash a hairdresser :pokefun
Oh, you mean their cars? I've thrashed many down a twisty road as most drivers are too busy looking in their mirrors to make sure the wind hasn't put their hair out of place :rollin :rollin :rollin

How can a bald headed man who ride a RED fazer take the piss out of anyone lol XX

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: 29 April 2016, 12:00:32 am »
Jealousy is a terrible affliction  :D

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: 29 April 2016, 12:04:27 am »
How can a bald headed man who ride a RED fazer take the piss out of anyone lol XX

Probably coz I can go faster as its RED and also the baldness helps with aerodynamics :)

Jealousy is a terrible affliction  :D
foc, you've caught me out :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: 29 April 2016, 12:06:52 am by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: 29 April 2016, 12:12:30 am »
The red shift only works in the laws of physics....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: 29 April 2016, 01:06:40 am »

Probably coz I can go faster as its RED and also the baldness helps with aerodynamics :)

Its the face that's red as he is yet again passed by the much superior silver Fazer, he rode for years before the police realised it was his pink bald head and not a girly coloured crash helmet  :lol

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: 29 April 2016, 09:16:23 am »
Its the face that's red as he is yet again passed by the much superior silver Fazer,
That's never going to happen :lol
he rode for years before the police realised it was his pink bald head and not a girly coloured crash helmet  :lol
Evidence below :lol
« Last Edit: 29 April 2016, 09:19:08 am by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: 29 April 2016, 10:06:24 am »
Its the face that's red as he is yet again passed by the much superior silver Fazer,
That's never going to happen :lol
he rode for years before the police realised it was his pink bald head and not a girly coloured crash helmet  :lol
Evidence below :lol

Nice, where do we get one?  :eek

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: 29 April 2016, 10:44:12 am »
Took  it for its Mot  , it passed , but he had to tighten the front wheel, all ready for 7th may .

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: 29 April 2016, 12:10:30 pm »
Ordered a 16kg/mm spring from Tony Staley 01709 375375, £36.00 delivered, impressed, I'd lost his details and rang someone else, he was ranting on about wire thickness etc then said it'd be about £50, he hung up when I said the price I'd previously been quoted......

Also ordered two spring seats from Lazer Master, they advertise on ebay, one off washers up to 75mm OD any ID but I hadn't allowed or the larger diameter of the stronger spring, after talking to Tony Staley he suggested 85mm OD, quick phone call to amend my order and I got the larger diameter seat for the same price (I fucked up and saved money, thats what you call good service)

While I was in the mood I sent George (Engineer who made the rose joints) gvbiker@yahoo.co.uk some drawings of fasteners I need making for the suspension links and shock mount

Have a feeling May's going to be an expensive month

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: 30 April 2016, 10:27:26 am »
Got shoved off in town this morning - with the missus on the back.

About an hour or so ago. Crossroads from single road into dual carriageway through town. Traffic lights all round.

Lady in car in front and we're sat in the single crossing road and turning right, onto the dual carriageway. We missed the previous green light, because this lady driver was crawling along so slowly and the couple of cars in front made it through green - she was really dawdling.

When the lights turned green again, she pulled away really slow again - and started pulling to the left lane of the dual carriageway, so I pull to the inside of the turn (which would be onto the outside lane in the dual carriageway) to ride past and she suddenly pulls over to this lane and I put the bike down to avoid hitting her.

Missus falls off the back and I have my leg under the bike. Fortunately, injuries are minor - my knee is purple and the skin is gone from the kneecap and my ankle is painful, where it was twisted and trapped under the bike. Gear-wise my brand new boots are ruined - toecap was ground off. Missus is a little bruised, but otherwise okay.

Thankfully, four blokes jumped out of different vehicles to help her lift the bike off me - but I couldn't stand for a while. Also, the bike is not bad. The handlebars are a write-off - badly bent. The fairing is just a little scuffed, as is the engine casing and the leading edge of the silencer. Oh, and the new mirror is scraped, of course.

The woman (seemingly of Eastern European origin) did stop and come and apologise - she was very shocked. Anyway, I have no idea who, if anyone, was at fault - but I decided to let it go. I can repair the bike and I was looking at replacing the handlebars anyway. Okay, my boots are buggered, but what the hell, you know I'm just happy we are all okay - especially the missus - all I could think of for the first few minutes while I was trapped under the bike! Thank god it was such a low speed.

I was able to ride the bike home (with the missus on the back) but the steering was, of course, well off, with the handlebar bent.

Renthal  758's are the way to go, I think.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: 30 April 2016, 10:37:44 am »
Main thing is you and misus are ok, but I personally would have asked for the drivers details ,insurance etc just in case. I wear a video camera on my helmet  which in a case like yours might have helped with a insurance claim against the driver.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: 30 April 2016, 11:02:02 am »
Main thing is you and misus are ok, but I personally would have asked for the drivers details ,insurance etc just in case. I wear a video camera on my helmet  which in a case like yours might have helped with a insurance claim against the driver.

Sometimes you just have to be thankful that no permanent personal damage is done.
But with saying that I would have shead a tear or two over the bike being damaged, scuffed fairing and lump cases are not easy to repair and most repairs are always noticeable, hang on I'm just going to get another tissue. :'(
Glad you both OK  :)

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: 30 April 2016, 11:23:00 am »
Thanks.

It's funny - I can think of nothing else since, yet the missus seems to have forgotten it already!  Nuff said.

I've been looking up the bits I need - I put "Renthal 758" in Google and it came up with Demon Tweeks (amongst others) like this:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/handlebars/renthal-superbike-ultra-low-bars

Are these the right ones, because it doesn't specifically say they are 758s?

Also, does anyone know if these end would fit?:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/bar-end-weights/warrior-slim-22mm-bar-end-weights

TiA :)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: 30 April 2016, 03:22:33 pm »
When my son was home at Christmas we swapped my 55000 mile old Hagon shock with his, as his was leaking (it had done about 45000miles between two 400s and his 600) I sent off the shock to Hagon and 2 weeks later I received a brand new stainless steel bodied shock with my old spring for £120 incl postage

When speaking to him a few weeks ago he was telling me he thought the shock we swapped was no leaking.
I took off my one and posted it to him (he has no other means of transport whereas I have)
He swapped the shocks and sent the old one now with over 60000 miles on it to Hagon with my address as the return address.
Hagon rang me on Monday to say they would be replacing the full shock and it was £160.
I gave them the go ahead and this morning I picked up the shock from the courier.
One brand new  new stainless steel bodied shock with a brand new spring all for £160 incl postage. :thumbup
If only Delkevic were as efficient :rolleyes

Now to fit it  :)

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: 30 April 2016, 05:01:32 pm »
Took a ride in the sun to Felixstowe viewing point,  first proper ride on my new (to me) fzs600

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: 30 April 2016, 05:11:45 pm »
Sold It !! 

New bike on it's way.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: 30 April 2016, 05:16:24 pm »
Sold It !! 

New bike on it's way.

Which is what?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: 30 April 2016, 05:31:54 pm »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: 30 April 2016, 06:19:10 pm »
Very nice, how much different is it from the FZ1?

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: 30 April 2016, 06:53:56 pm »
Quite a bit different.
Much more upright riding position and 14Kg lighter which, for an adventure style bike, makes it very flickable. Still only an 18L tank same as the FZ1 but allegedly 55-60 mpg. We will see.