Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:29 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605033 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5925 on: 18 April 2016, 03:07:08 pm »
Another Fazer here that has just got a new MOT, we all seem to be getting them at the same time

Because you're all fair weather riders, April - October  :pokefun
Yes I am but that's not the reason in my case, my bike was first reg beginning of May and has kept the same MOT date.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: 18 April 2016, 08:35:41 pm »
But I would still pull on them very hard whilst stationary just to be sure with cheap imports, If you do snap it at least your life is not at risk. 8)

Seem ok, but i'll give it a go.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: 19 April 2016, 07:13:26 pm »
MOT just done on Friday with no printed advisories.

Guy recommened new chain and sprockets so back end stripped ready for parcel arriving tomorrow!

I've just ordered a set too, let me know how it goes as this'll be the first time I've actually changed a chain on a motorbike, yes I know it's totally disgraceful with all the years riding I've done :lol

Was a nice real easy job surprisingly! Make sure you have a chain riveting tool handy for the final link as I never  :lol

Took me longer to clean all the crap from the casings and re-allign the rear wheel than it did to do the job itself!

I was also hoping that a new correctly tensioned chain would help to eliminate some of the typical Yam gear change clunk, but, nope....

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: 19 April 2016, 08:35:08 pm »
But I would still pull on them very hard whilst stationary just to be sure with cheap imports, If you do snap it at least your life is not at risk. 8)

Well you can put your mind at rest, I yanked back on them really hard an they didn't snap.
Plus they are cnc billet aluminium which is very unlikely to snap, the weak points are the pivot points, but it uses the original yamaha bolt so therefore is no weaker than the orginal levers. The other weak point is the adjustable span point which has a stainless bolt in them which could shear but unlikely with the stresses involved in this application.

So i'm happy.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2016, 08:36:00 pm by Skippernick »
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: 19 April 2016, 10:32:49 pm »
Mini Southern Upland tour today. Route:

Southern Uplands

Pics:

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: 20 April 2016, 09:21:45 am »
Beautiful scenery up there mate  must get up that way again this summer.                         
Gave the bike a oil change and abit of a clean.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: 20 April 2016, 10:59:58 am »

Well you can put your mind at rest, I yanked back on them really hard an they didn't snap.
Plus they are cnc billet aluminium which is very unlikely to snap, the weak points are the pivot points, but it uses the original yamaha bolt so therefore is no weaker than the orginal levers. The other weak point is the adjustable span point which has a stainless bolt in them which could shear but unlikely with the stresses involved in this application.

So i'm happy.

I Good I'm really pleased cos I would have hated the thought of of panic and fear when the twat in the Ford Focus failed to spot you and pulls out giving you milliseconds to respond and the lever then letting you down.
I just gave a little shiver thinking about that.
imagine just having to rely on a Fazer rear brake in an emergency, the two extremes are almost nothing to full rear wheel lockup. with little to no feel or feedback.

Right I'm off now to change my boxers.
lol
 :thumbup
« Last Edit: 20 April 2016, 03:53:32 pm by tommyardin »

goondriver

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: 20 April 2016, 03:08:22 pm »
I bought another one. So have the 600 and 1000 now (1000 is new one)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: 20 April 2016, 03:58:00 pm »
I bought another one. So have the 600 and 1000 now (1000 is new one)
SWEET :D :sun Great colour scheme

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: 20 April 2016, 04:18:17 pm »
yes :eek ,,,very nice indeed ,,certainly unique :thumbup
please god let the sun keep shining

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: 20 April 2016, 10:53:07 pm »
Today I went here:

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: 20 April 2016, 11:43:56 pm »
Sorted the noisy vibrating infills on the FZS1000, silence is deafening   :)

Edmund

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kz750Twin G1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: 21 April 2016, 05:35:34 am »
I fitted new choke cable on my FZS1000 and it works :thumbup

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: 21 April 2016, 07:41:56 am »
Today I went here:

Nice....who needs to trek to the Alps?

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: 21 April 2016, 06:24:02 pm »
Serviced the exup valve and adjusted the cables, still got a slight rattle which is irritating. Goes away when I put my earlugs in though. :D
I don't know if it's just psychological but it definitely feels punchier low down
« Last Edit: 21 April 2016, 06:49:20 pm by dazza »

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: 22 April 2016, 12:19:43 am »
Finally finished putting the 5 spoke R6 wheels on my gen 1 fairly straight forward got a couple of runs arranged this weekend so should see how they perform, probably won't feel any different but needed a challenge.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: 22 April 2016, 07:48:46 am »
Finally finished putting the 5 spoke R6 wheels on my gen 1 fairly straight forward got a couple of runs arranged this weekend so should see how they perform, probably won't feel any different but needed a challenge.

:useless

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: 22 April 2016, 09:08:35 am »

Yep I guess they will just around and around same as the original ones did, but I agree sometime just for the aesthetics and the challenge it has to be done.  :thumbup

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: 22 April 2016, 04:41:53 pm »

Yep I guess they will just around and around same as the original ones did, but I agree sometime just for the aesthetics and the challenge it has to be done.  :thumbup
I bet they look awesome on the fazer,  what modifications do you need to do to make them fit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: 22 April 2016, 05:00:12 pm »
Hedgetrimmer has been in the swiss alps!
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: 22 April 2016, 05:11:23 pm »

I bet they look awesome on the fazer,  what modifications do you need to do to make them fit?

Going on the LoFo run Sunday so will get some photos done then,

easyish install
Front wheel came with a set of 320mm discs so only needed some caliper mounting bracket spacers, available from Braketech in the USA (don't ask how much  :eek), otherwise a straight swap.

Rear little bit more complex but on sprocket side just needed original Gen1 Sprocket carrier and spacer, on the disc side the wheel came with a smaller disc so I ended up modifying a FZ1 ABS rear caliper mount by filing down ABS mounts then welding on a couple of 10 mm Aluminium plates to match original torque arm then had someone in work machine a large spacer for between caliper mounting bracket to swinging arm, plus a new rear brake line and FZ1 caliper, pain in the bum to get wheel on and off now but doable.

Everything I've done is reversible, so when (and if ever) I come to sell her I can put it all back to standard as I know Gen1s, or any bike, are more valuable standard when it comes to selling time

Done 180 miles today, can't really feel if they have made any difference as I also fitted new Metzler Roadtec 01's, new tyre to me, but overall bike felt really good.

Keep telling myself don't change anything else but already have a R1 Brembo front master cylinder on the way
« Last Edit: 22 April 2016, 05:13:27 pm by Red Ceri »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: 22 April 2016, 07:20:11 pm »

Going on the LoFo run Sunday so will get some photos done then,

easyish install
Front wheel came with a set of 320mm discs so only needed some caliper mounting bracket spacers, available from Braketech in the USA (don't ask how much  :eek ), otherwise a straight swap.

Rear little bit more complex but on sprocket side just needed original Gen1 Sprocket carrier and spacer, on the disc side the wheel came with a smaller disc so I ended up modifying a FZ1 ABS rear caliper mount by filing down ABS mounts then welding on a couple of 10 mm Aluminium plates to match original torque arm then had someone in work machine a large spacer for between caliper mounting bracket to swinging arm, plus a new rear brake line and FZ1 caliper, pain in the bum to get wheel on and off now but doable.

Everything I've done is reversible, so when (and if ever) I come to sell her I can put it all back to standard as I know Gen1s, or any bike, are more valuable standard when it comes to selling time

Done 180 miles today, can't really feel if they have made any difference as I also fitted new Metzler Roadtec 01's, new tyre to me, but overall bike felt really good.

Keep telling myself don't change anything else but already have a R1 Brembo front master cylinder on the way

Looking 4ward to seeing the pics

Panzerbuilder

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: 22 April 2016, 08:29:18 pm »
Fixed the stuttering at 3-5k revs.  :) New plugs and 2nd hand coils for the two centre pots. Now she's
ready for the trip to Selkirk next weekend.  :b
Life's a bitch. Enjoy it while you can.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: 22 April 2016, 08:32:10 pm »
Fixed the stuttering at 3-5k revs.  :) New plugs and 2nd hand coils for the two centre pots. Now she's
ready for the trip to Selkirk next weekend.  :b

Was it the plugs the coils or a combination of both?

Panzerbuilder

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: 22 April 2016, 08:51:33 pm »
Maybe just the plugs. But I changed the coils jic. They were all, new and old, within the resistance check but I had bought them anyway. The bike ran better, or seemed to, after I had just changes the LHS two. And one of the plugs was outside the gap check. (0,7mm) So maybe that was it. I just didn't want to do the job twice.  :eek
Life's a bitch. Enjoy it while you can.