Date: 27-04-24  Time: 06:32 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604676 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5850 on: 28 March 2016, 12:22:24 am »
Get back on your BMW you, just because you have the same shock on your bikes now  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: 29 March 2016, 09:34:57 pm »
Get back on your BMW you, just because you have the same shock on your bikes now  :lol

I think downey is the biggest shock on any of his bikes :lol :rollin although I have not see the ugly foccer
« Last Edit: 29 March 2016, 09:36:06 pm by tommyardin »

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: 29 March 2016, 10:20:32 pm »
What a shocking thing to say about a fellow Foccer  :eek :lol

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: 29 March 2016, 11:10:18 pm »
hey you guys  :foc and get a room  :rollin :rollin :rollin

admin sort out these two ould foccers bullying a goodlookin young buck like myself  :D [size=78%] [/size]
[/size]

please god let the sun keep shining

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: 31 March 2016, 06:01:16 pm »
Installed the ground anchor in the shed today, and then the Kriega luggage I ordered yesterday arrived, so had a play with that. A US30 on the Fazer:

And the 30 with one US20 attached to the side:

Of which I got two. I put the blanket stuff on just in case, but could probably adjust everything to be well clear of the paintwork. Looks quite wide in that shot, but actually doesn't stick out even as much as the bars:

And one of the 20s on the Striple:

So now both bikes have the loop straps attached, so it's just a matter of feeding them out from beneath the seat to clip any of the bags on. Takes seconds, and when you take the luggage off, you just tuck the straps away underneath the seat again. I just used the 4 main straps on each bag for trying them out today, but there are a myriad of ways to secure them further if you wanted, though I doubt you really need to. You can also buy a tank bag attachment, which any of these bags will fit to. Lots of folks recommended these to me, and now I see why; very versatile, and easy to use.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: 31 March 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
when was that Fazer out last? :rolleyes

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: 31 March 2016, 06:58:15 pm »

Somethings going on....think he got a new bird.....he'll be selling it next & going on a package holiday to magaluf :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: 31 March 2016, 07:10:37 pm »

Somethings going on....think he got a new bird.....he'll be selling it next & going on a package holiday to magaluf :b

Put the battery back on and took it for a short blast up the road and back. The Striple is great fun, but every time I get on that  :faz , I know it's no.1  :)

;)

Fazer's booked in for some work on April 11th. Tyres shot, needs full service, so not getting used atmo. The Striple is a better bike for the local roads around here, but can't wait to get the Fazer ready for longer trips - Scotland firmly in my sights, plus a Euro trip starting end of May  :)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: 31 March 2016, 10:16:15 pm »
Rode it via the Mendips , Shepton Mallet , Longleat , Bath and Chew Valley Lake , stopped at little Chef for a breakfast , great sunny day and dry roads .

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: 01 April 2016, 02:07:47 am »
 :lol  little chef!  Are they still a bit pricey, I tend to go off piste to find the hidden gems, but EACH TO THEIR OWN!
« Last Edit: 01 April 2016, 02:09:28 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: 01 April 2016, 07:48:51 am »
Tommy
The simplest replacement option for the FZS600 is a Hagon shock which are around £299 new with a 2 year warranty. If you weigh more than 95 Kgs go for the heavier spring. It fits straight in and no playing with dog bones or spring rates. I have one on my FZS600 and has covered over 60000miles.

The next really necessary expense is the stainless steel after cat exhaust system for my MR2 Spider, that really needs to be done sooooooooooooo badly before the good weather sets in because it doesn't sound as I want it to  LOL. :eek 
Then the seats are pink spikey leather and I was thinking about getting red leather replacements for the Spider, but I think I may get an unsatisfactory response to that     :foc  GAY - Yeah that's the one :rollin

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: 01 April 2016, 08:03:09 am »
Tommy
The simplest replacement option for the FZS600 is a Hagon shock which are around £299 new with a 2 year warranty. If you weigh more than 95 Kgs go for the heavier spring. It fits straight in and no playing with dog bones or spring rates. I have one on my FZS600 and has covered over 60000miles.

The next really necessary expense is the stainless steel after cat exhaust system for my MR2 Spider, that really needs to be done sooooooooooooo badly before the good weather sets in because it doesn't sound as I want it to  LOL. :eek 

Then the seats are pink spikey leather and I was thinking about getting red leather replacements for the Spider, but I think I may get an unsatisfactory response to that     :foc  GAY - Yeah that's the one :rollin

How Rude!  You ridicule me just because I'm a Lesbian, and then you take the piss out of my big girls car.You really are a bitch Frosties (Hello Tiger)  :rolleyes :kiss

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: 01 April 2016, 08:38:02 pm »
Spring was in the air today, so, after a little warm up ride, I dropped the belly pan, changed the oil and filter, adjusted the chain and re lubed, fitted a much faster belly pan  :D  Then got called away to pick my daughter up. So tomorrow, going to change the screen for a double bubble and remove the pannier racks before a little blast down to Rye, hitting the twisties. 8)
« Last Edit: 01 April 2016, 08:44:59 pm by dazza »

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: 02 April 2016, 12:01:27 am »
Not exactly today, but yesterday had my suspension sorted at MCT in stowmarket.

Ride home in pissing rain so couldn't explore the changes fully, but feels so much more controlled,

Rally great afternoon watching experts at work and not getting pissed off at stupid questions I might have asked. looking forward to getting some new tyres and decent weather to fully explore the changes,

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: 02 April 2016, 02:52:36 pm »
spent the day cleaning it , washed , chamoised , metal polish on the down pipes and exhaust , WD40 silicone bike shine on the plastic and rubber bits , GT85 on the metal bits ,  WD40 bike polish on the painted bits , back to black on the plastic bits , cleaned and lubed the chain , topped up the oil , topped up the coolant , fitted the tank cover .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: 02 April 2016, 04:21:11 pm »
spent the day cleaning it , washed , chamoised , metal polish on the down pipes and exhaust , WD40 silicone bike shine on the plastic and rubber bits , GT85 on the metal bits ,  WD40 bike polish on the painted bits , back to black on the plastic bits , cleaned and lubed the chain , topped up the oil , topped up the coolant , fitted the tank cover .

product placement at its best   :lol......you on commission ESETEST  ?
One, is never going to be enough.....

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: 02 April 2016, 06:57:54 pm »

product placement at its best   :lol ......you on commission ESETEST  ?
I will shamelessly plug anybodies product  for a fee ! :evil

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: 04 April 2016, 08:41:51 pm »
rode it to Bradley Stoke and back instead of taking the car , glad i did , the foccin traffic was terrible .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: 05 April 2016, 08:05:41 pm »

product placement at its best   :lol ......you on commission ESETEST  ?
I will shamelessly plug anybodies product  for a fee ! :evil

Ill give you a fiver if i ever meet you if you plug Anusol on here.....be discreet though....just slip it in so they arent the wiser :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: 05 April 2016, 09:25:06 pm »
Rode it to Kingswood , then onto Lawrence Weston  , then back home .

daveph

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: 05 April 2016, 09:53:59 pm »
Rode from Lincoln to Two Wheels Centre at Mansfield.  Bought a Caberg Duke flip front helmet.  Quite pleased with it.  Rode home, probably looking like a tit.  Dark inner visor down, up, down again.  30 mph zone, front up.  50 zone , front down. Etc.

Very good bike shop, btw.
Red (original '98) is the fastest colour

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: 06 April 2016, 10:53:00 pm »
Sorted out the sticking clutch cable on the 1000 yesterday by lubing/cleaning the inner. some amount of crap came out of all 10 years of it  building up. Had been meaning to do it with a few weeks. Had a few stalls this morning trying to get used to how light it is. Just like new again :woot Oh! let the weekend be dry :sun

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: 06 April 2016, 11:44:46 pm »
Rode from Lincoln to Two Wheels Centre at Mansfield.  Bought a Caberg Duke flip front helmet.  Quite pleased with it.  Rode home, probably looking like a tit.  Dark inner visor down, up, down again.  30 mph zone, front up.  50 zone , front down. Etc.

Very good bike shop, btw.

Do you find your flip is a bit noisier than the standard full face bucket?
I had been using a cheapish Duchini full face for a couple of years and decided to treat myself to a better bucket but wanted to try out a flip helmet before going down that route, one of my mates had one so I gave it a try but the front only went up so far (about 45 degrees) and it caught all the wind and at above 50 or 60 felt that it was dragging your head backwards. I abandoned that idea for a few months then read about the 'LS2 Convert' helmet where the front chin bar went all the way over the top of the helmet and down level at the back right out of the wind. well I have been riding with the Convert for about a year now and there is a lot to like about it. you can ride open faced with flip screen up or down, open faced with drop down sunnys and the flip up or down. Full face with all the same flip screen/sunny options as open face.

My only couple of gripes is it is a little bit bigger than a standard Full Face because of the flip mechanism also a little bit more wind noise than the standard Full Face. All in all a good bucket. Would I buy one again.....................Yes I believe I would.
Oh! I just thought of another couple of pluses with this bucket, you can take a drink from a bottle of water or soda without removing your helmet, like wise if you are a smoker (I'm not) also garages look on you more kindly if you have you flip front up when you go in to pay for fuel.
Roughly £200 I believe is good value, but then so was my full face Duchini £55 great value skid lid.       
« Last Edit: 07 April 2016, 12:01:06 am by tommyardin »

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: 07 April 2016, 07:16:44 pm »
Wire brushed, cleaned and Painted the exup valve and side stand:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: 08 April 2016, 02:26:49 pm »
Rode it to work and back, got caught in the rain coming home so the bike is caked in shit now :(