Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:42 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604994 times)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5800 on: 25 March 2016, 11:50:36 am »
wheres the vid .was it up and then taken down or did he just bottle it ?

and UNFAZED EH,,,, :foc   :D
please god let the sun keep shining

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: 25 March 2016, 12:23:15 pm »
He chickened out when he realised the video showed a red fazer 600 passing him doing a wheelie when he was gunning it and the rider was eating chips out of the tank bag at the same time.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: 25 March 2016, 04:48:22 pm »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lurk

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: 25 March 2016, 10:44:53 pm »
Fitted the full luggage, loaded her up and focced off for Easter down to Hereford. Cracking journey down there with wall to wall sunshine.  Now, where's that Mr Slim Willy hiding. ?

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: 25 March 2016, 11:31:01 pm »
JAMMY BASTID

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5805 on: 26 March 2016, 12:04:32 am »
He chickened out when he realised the video showed a red fazer 600 passing oil and doing a roadside repair when he was gunning it, the red Fazer rider was eating chips out of the tank at the same time.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz   :nana

Lovely day today, had a squirt around local roads, dropped into Loomies Cafe Hants. absolutely packed again
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 12:09:07 am by tommyardin »

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: 26 March 2016, 12:16:03 am »
looks class .storm brewing here for the wknd :'(

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: 26 March 2016, 09:12:08 am »
Foccing storm here  >: >:

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: 26 March 2016, 09:47:59 am »
Yesterdays sunshine was just to lure us out before the Bank Holiday "Wrath of the Gods" hits us-think this ones called "Katie"? due to hit Monday :'(

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: 26 March 2016, 11:34:51 am »
Was raining pretty much all day yesterday. When it cleared up in the evening, took the bike to go to the store while there was still a mist. Found out that going about 60 and quickly turning my head right and left clears the visor pretty good on my HJC helmet :) Nice!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: 26 March 2016, 02:10:53 pm »
Was raining pretty much all day yesterday. When it cleared up in the evening, took the bike to go to the store while there was still a mist. Found out that going about 60 and quickly turning my head right and left clears the visor pretty good on my HJC helmet :) Nice!

Its no wonder your called Didlier twisting you helmet about while riding a motorcycle at speed, but what the F--K is all that 9 in your name about???  :eek

Weather was beautiful here yesterday (Good Friday) 16 degrees plus here from about 10-30am onwards, had a great ride from home to Hindhead in Surrey through to Haslemere out to Petersfield and on to West Meon to Loomies biker cafe. Some really nice looking much loved machines there. Grabbed a coffee and chatted with some guys about a Triumph T120 Bonny 1963 model that was proudly on display in the car park (Not sure why I called it a car park there was not one car in there) the Bonny was in absolute pristine condition, unmarked in any way.

« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 02:14:29 pm by tommyardin »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: 26 March 2016, 03:14:01 pm »
Stripped and cleaned the front brakes, found 2 pistons in each caliper were not moving and each outer brake pad was down to 0.040 thickness!
Left them in bits while I get some new brake pads, the ones that were in I think are oem, say sumimoto on them and are GG rated, any recomendations welcome, looking at EBC grade HH .

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: 26 March 2016, 03:29:13 pm »
what the F--K is all that 9 in your name about???  :eek

One of the first forum I subscribed to wanted me to have a number in my login (or maybe Didier was already taken, I forgot), so I added '9'. Now, I use that by default on most forums, makes my life simpler... In extreme cases, I have also used didier99, didier999 and even didier9999 one time :) 

Weather here this week end is perfect for me to finish my taxes, if you see what I mean.

It is just as well as it does not take very much to distract me away from this fascinating endeavor. I have an R6 shock and dogbones waiting for me in the garage...
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 03:33:34 pm by Didier9 »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: 26 March 2016, 04:21:19 pm »
what the F--K is all that 9 in your name about???  :eek

One of the first forum I subscribed to wanted me to have a number in my login (or maybe Didier was already taken, I forgot), so I added '9'. Now, I use that by default on most forums, makes my life simpler... In extreme cases, I have also used didier99, didier999 and even didier9999 one time :) 

Weather here this week end is perfect for me to finish my taxes, if you see what I mean.

It is just as well as it does not take very much to distract me away from this fascinating endeavor. I have an R6 shock and dogbones waiting for me in the garage...

Only had my 2002 model, 2003 registered Fazer FZS 600 for a couple of years and i'm not really a scratcher, so, the suspension has not really been a huge problem for me but have often thought that the back could do with a bit more control over what is happening back there on faster bumpy bends.
The R6 Shock that you mention, any more information would be helpful.

Cheers didier9 or is that 99 or maybe 999, stop stop now! FFS!.  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: 26 March 2016, 04:47:38 pm »
Chicken line! what chicken line?  :sun :lol
Please God can we have more dry days  :woot

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: 26 March 2016, 05:56:25 pm »
Only had my 2002 model, 2003 registered Fazer FZS 600 for a couple of years and i'm not really a scratcher, so, the suspension has not really been a huge problem for me but have often thought that the back could do with a bit more control over what is happening back there on faster bumpy bends.
Tommy,

What prompted me to look into the rear shock was riding my daughter's new FZ-07 for a few days while my bike was in the shop for fork rebuild. The FZ-07 was very much planted in the rear compared to my bike. Going over the same bumpy turns that I am well used to, her bike would go over the same bumps without changing line, where my bike would require corrections because the rear wanted to go wide. I regularly read the yamahafz1oa.com and 998cc.com forums and many people on those have made the R6 shock upgrade and generally think fairly highly of it, considering the modest cost.

I bought a (like new) R6 shock on eBay for $50 and dogbones/washers sold by a guy on the west coast for $40. You need new dogbones because the R6 shock is a little shorter and you need the washers because the lower bracket on the R6 shock is a little narrower. Aside from being a better device, the R6 shock also has fast and slow compression damping adjustments, compared to the single compression damping adjustment on the FZ1's. Now I only need a week end (hopefully) to do the conversion.

TheMuffinRanger

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: 26 March 2016, 06:16:03 pm »
Not today but yesterday went out on a 150mile ride with me dad beautiful day. The fazer was spot on the whole time

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: 26 March 2016, 08:48:23 pm »
Not today but yesterday went out on a 150mile ride with me dad beautiful day. The fazer was spot on the whole time

Beautiful bikes!

I am anxiously waiting for a bike show on April 13th near Mobile, AL (about 90 miles from here). I am going with a friend (a real bike nut, he has 35 of them...), should be a nice ride!

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: 26 March 2016, 08:52:47 pm »
The fazer was spot on the whole time

Did you expect any less?  :eek :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: 26 March 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
Chicken line! what chicken line?  :sun :lol
Please God can we have more dry days  :woot

I thought that once you removed the sidecar the chicken strips would go.
'Chicken Strips' sounds like a bucket meal from KFC  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5820 on: 26 March 2016, 11:04:26 pm »
Tommy,

What prompted me to look into the rear shock was riding my daughter's new FZ-07 for a few days while my bike was in the shop for fork rebuild. The FZ-07 was very much planted in the rear compared to my bike. Going over the same bumpy turns that I am well used to, her bike would go over the same bumps without changing line, where my bike would require corrections because the rear wanted to go wide. I regularly read the yamahafz1oa.com and 998cc.com forums and many people on those have made the R6 shock upgrade and generally think fairly highly of it, considering the modest cost.

I bought a (like new) R6 shock on eBay for $50 and dogbones/washers sold by a guy on the west coast for $40. You need new dogbones because the R6 shock is a little shorter and you need the washers because the lower bracket on the R6 shock is a little narrower. Aside from being a better device, the R6 shock also has fast and slow compression damping adjustments, compared to the single compression damping adjustment on the FZ1's. Now I only need a week end (hopefully) to do the conversion.

Yeah I'm going to look into this R6 shock conversion, been trolling the net and there is lots on there about it. All the comments are very very positive about the conversion, improved ride feel, handling in general, and a great improvement in steering as well. Sounds like a win win situation to me. :D

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: 26 March 2016, 11:08:45 pm »
Your are frequenting far to many fast food outlets on that slow silver fazer :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: 26 March 2016, 11:18:14 pm »
Seems like there are a few different R6 shocks out there, some on eBay look different than others I have seen, some have a piggyback adjustment screw while other have two separate screws others appear to have a totally different bottom Fixing than others.
Any chance of a picture or three of the best one to go for.

I can get the  spacer shims made up and I understand that I will need new doggies and maybe a heavier spring for my weight to get the right sag amount I understand it should be between 30-40 mm with me on the bike with all my riding gear on.
Thanks Didier9 for the quick reply and helpful info.
 :thumbup :woot [size=78%]  [/size]

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: 26 March 2016, 11:22:51 pm »
Your are frequenting far to many fast food outlets on that slow silver fazer :rollin

I will have you know that I am a slim little 178 pounder.
Mind you I am only 2foot  4inches tall and have to wear 7 inch stilettos other wise the bike fall arse over head when I stop.  :rollin [size=78%] [/size]

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: 26 March 2016, 11:24:53 pm »
just noticed that in my last post about my size even the FOC software is now taking the piss out of me it say I'm only 78% size