Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:56 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604901 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5400 on: 06 December 2015, 09:04:41 am »
Not a bad day here in south bucks so I thought I would take the bike for a blast, I sorn'ed one of them at the beginning of the month , you can guess which bike the batterys just died on.. :rolleyes
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: 06 December 2015, 09:50:58 pm »
Not a bad day here in south bucks so I thought I would take the bike for a blast, I sorn'ed one of them at the beginning of the month , you can guess which bike the batterys just died on.. :rolleyes

Hard lines red..........im reckoning my battery will be the same.....need to get it to the garage for improvements and we've had so much wind and rain that it hasnt moved in a long time now...plus i dont know the batteries history.....i dont think it bodes well especially if i miss the chance on perhaps its 1 turn that i might get......think ill go with half choke and hope for the best.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: 06 December 2015, 10:35:48 pm »
Glad your ok youngsterbiker :thumbup

But seriously, if you think your struggling to get a bike through the gap at that speed, what makes you think you'll get your car through there? :eek
Hopefully it wont happen again...... although this perticuler road is know for surprises....not quite like the a9 though :D It was a moment of lack of concentration on my part, i blame myself completely and now wonder why i did not look ahead.... and the car has a crumple zone, but i hope i will not us it.. :D

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: 07 December 2015, 01:54:44 pm »
Last week I put the handle bar Muffs on. Not sure I like them but I'm still wearing my summer gloves so not all bad. And just had some new 023's fitted.  Oh and cleaned the front calipers. 
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: 08 December 2015, 12:19:35 am »

Hard lines red..........im reckoning my battery will be the same.....need to get it to the garage for improvements and we've had so much wind and rain that it hasnt moved in a long time now...plus i dont know the batteries history.....i dont think it bodes well especially if i miss the chance on perhaps its 1 turn that i might get......think ill go with half choke and hope for the best.

Has anyone tried the new lithium batteries? Over here (US), prices range from $80 to $260 with specs that are not much different.

I am concerned that all vendors say you cannot charge them with a charger for lead-acid and you have to buy their own chargers, but the regulator on the bike is the same, so I would think the regulator also should be different.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: 08 December 2015, 11:30:37 am »

Has anyone tried the new lithium batteries? Over here (US), prices range from $80 to $260 with specs that are not much different.

I am concerned that all vendors say you cannot charge them with a charger for lead-acid and you have to buy their own chargers, but the regulator on the bike is the same, so I would think the regulator also should be different.

I brought one last year, very light, no problems  at all, and you can charge with a normal charger, if we get below freezing temps that will be the test,
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Tiercel

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: 08 December 2015, 12:42:45 pm »
Cleaned it, fitted some R&G heated grips, put cutiemarks on it. Sorted.

Need to get round to ACF50ing it at some point too

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: 08 December 2015, 08:56:43 pm »
Cleaned and ACF'd it.

So you cleaned it eh....really? Look at the goddam state of that sorry arse side stand, main stand and chain runner you piss poor excuse of a biker - get down and give me 50. :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 08 December 2015, 08:57:49 pm by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: 08 December 2015, 10:11:35 pm »
I think that was the "before " picture
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: 08 December 2015, 10:16:09 pm »
I think that was the "before " picture

Water on the ground and a clean swing arm so not buying it Sharpy  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: 08 December 2015, 10:53:30 pm »
( I was hoping it was the before )
Just noticed that swing arm has a chamfer on the corner --- I dont recall seeing that on mine (98)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: 08 December 2015, 11:04:13 pm »
Just noticed that swing arm has a chamfer on the corner --- I dont recall seeing that on mine (98)

You say corner?
It has a chamfer on both sides although you can't see the one on the right due to the rear brake pipe and the dirt covering it but mines has them too and it's a 98 :)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: 10 December 2015, 04:02:47 am »

I brought one last year, very light, no problems  at all, and you can charge with a normal charger, if we get below freezing temps that will be the test,

Do you remember what brand it was? Yes please let us know how it does in the cold, thanks!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: 10 December 2015, 11:09:14 am »

You say corner?
It has a chamfer on both sides although you can't see the one on the right due to the rear brake pipe and the dirt covering it but mines has them too and it's a 98 :)

I will take another look, I think that maybe the chamfer is only on the inside and that is a view I am not familiar with as I have never taken the wheel out. The outside edge im sure is square without a chamfer

EDIT just found this picture i posted a few weeks back it is slightly rounded but not chanfered. Can not tell from this picture if the inside is chamfered or not

« Last Edit: 10 December 2015, 11:13:45 am by fazersharp »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: 10 December 2015, 12:03:43 pm »
Not today, but only just reconnected back online, so I'm gonna tell you anyway :D
Last week, I finally got around to giving the bike a thorough wash, and ACF'd the living daylights out of it, so at last it was ok to get out on the road again.

So on Sunday, with some calmer weather and a bit of sunshine,I decided to go and get my  :faz   fix. But first, I had to get out of flood-hit Carlisle. Tried the quick route on Warwick Road just out of the estate I've moved to; road closed due to flooding. Tried another main road, also just around the corner, comes out a bit further along Warwick Road, a bit further from the worst hit areas; road closed due to flooding. Not even 1 mile from home and already this is turning into an adventure! Sounds good, we like adventures, not giving up yet. Found a route out of Carlisle, got up to the A69 to head east; road closed due to flooding. Still not giving up, I need my Fazer fix! Went up the M6 one junction to the A689, at last can make some progress  :) 

I had planned just a short loop, Alston, Penrith and home. Good ride across to Alston, stopped for a coffee, then headed south towards Penrith. That took me over Hartside Top, so accidentally stumbled upon the Hartside cafe - I knew it was on one of these roads around here somewhere, but didn't know it's exact whereabouts, so that's one little bit of local orientation sorted  :)   Cafe closed, and a foccing stiff, cold wind howling across the top, so just a brief pause to take in the view, then off again.

These roads will be fun come summer!

There were small streams running across many of the roads, bits of flood debris here and there, nothing serious, just some gravel, small twigs and leaves etc, just had to take a bit of care, a few larger puddles a few inches deep, but nothing unnavigable. Then, got to within 4 miles of Penrith; road closed due to flooding. Ah. Not sure about another route, that cuts me off from the M6 and A6. So out comes the map. B6412 will get me up to Lazonby, from where I can hopefully cut west again for a main route home. Nice twisty country road, but still taking it easy, lots of crap on the road here and there but not too bad. Turned left at Lazonby for Carlisle; road closed due to flooding  :\ 

Finally managed to get home by following the 6412 all the way up to Brampton, then M6 back down one junction and in to home via the back route.

Last night, more strong winds blew two fence panels down, one of which fell onto the bike, but lifted the cover this morning to find it unmarked; phew!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #5415 on: 10 December 2015, 12:18:55 pm »
A little while ago I posted about the right front indicator not working on my FZ6 whilst the rear was flashing twice as fast. After swapping the bulbs I found that it was actually corrosion on the contacts inside the indicator housing that seemed to be the problem, so I cleaned those out and it worked ok for a while.

Unfortunately it then started playing up again and I found a post on another forum from someone else who had a similar issue and traced it to the wiring on the left hand under the handlebars, so now I'm cleaning all the connections which will hopefully fix it for good...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: 13 December 2015, 10:09:08 am »

time to sort out the battery, I have an old honda cb 250 rs with a new battery on it,wont be using it untill the spring so dragged it out from the back of the shed and took the battery off.......bit of luck, its the same size as the 600 fazer  :thumbup...had to make up a new positive lead for it as different ternimals but up and running now....doubt if the honda battery would have lasted the winter without being used, will buy a new one for the fazer  and return the honda battery in the spring....
One, is never going to be enough.....

Smurfbud

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - + KTM1190 +GSXR750
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: 13 December 2015, 03:02:42 pm »
Not today, but only just reconnected back online, so I'm gonna tell you anyway :D
Last week, I finally got around to giving the bike a thorough wash, and ACF'd the living daylights out of it, so at last it was ok to get out on the road again.

I had planned just a short loop, Alston, Penrith and home. Good ride across to Alston, stopped for a coffee, then headed south towards Penrith. That took me over Hartside Top, so accidentally stumbled upon the Hartside cafe - I knew it was on one of these roads around here somewhere, but didn't know it's exact whereabouts, so that's one little bit of local orientation sorted  :)   Cafe closed, and a foccing stiff, cold wind howling across the top, so just a brief pause to take in the view, then off again.

You are just across the A69 from me and Hartside is a regular ride out for us so maybe we can meet up next summer

Got a couple of bikes given the ACF50 treatment by Les from Allweatherbiker this weekend - did a great job of cleaning and spraying for winter protection at £65 a bike - not a bad price at all given the attention to detail he provides ...

Hope the water levels reduce so you can get out n about soon
cheers
Still a pupil at the school of life ....

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: 13 December 2015, 04:03:31 pm »
[

You are just across the A69 from me and Hartside is a regular ride out for us so maybe we can meet up next summer

Got a couple of bikes given the ACF50 treatment by Les from Allweatherbiker this weekend - did a great job of cleaning and spraying for winter protection at £65 a bike - not a bad price at all given the attention to detail he provides ...

Hope the water levels reduce so you can get out n about soon
cheers

Hi Smurfbud. Definitely want to get connected to any Foccers up this way for rides and meets, weather permitting! Mine is currently kept taxed etc just in case we get the odd day here and there through winter worth taking advantage of, but failing that, will be out exploring come spring. The Hartside will definitely be on my list come better weather next year.

I've done as good a job on the ACF application as I can at home, getting into most little nooks and crannies, so that'll do for this winter I reckon.

Water levels are slowly dropping, and as I found out with last Sunday's ride, I can get around a bit, although I think some routes will be closed for quite some time due to bridge damage. But now it looks like we might be in for a bit of a freeze - didn't go out today because I thought the frost wouldn't clear in the hills - was very slow to clear at lower levels today, and with recent rain, didn't want to risk it being icy.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: 13 December 2015, 05:03:32 pm »

So on Sunday, with some calmer weather and a bit of sunshine,I decided to go and get my  :faz   fix. But first, I had to get out of flood-hit Carlisle. Tried the quick route on Warwick Road just out of the estate I've moved to; road closed due to flooding. Tried another main road, also just around the corner, comes out a bit further along Warwick Road, a bit further from the worst hit areas; road closed due to flooding. Not even 1 mile from home and already this is turning into an adventure! Sounds good, we like adventures, not giving up yet. Found a route out of Carlisle, got up to the A69 to head east; road closed due to flooding. Still not giving up, I need my Fazer fix! Went up the M6 one junction to the A689, at last can make some progress  :) 

There were small streams running across many of the roads, bits of flood debris here and there, nothing serious, just some gravel, small twigs and leaves etc, just had to take a bit of care, a few larger puddles a few inches deep, but nothing unnavigable. Then, got to within 4 miles of Penrith; road closed due to flooding. Ah. Not sure about another route, that cuts me off from the M6 and A6. So out comes the map. B6412 will get me up to Lazonby, from where I can hopefully cut west again for a main route home. Nice twisty country road, but still taking it easy, lots of crap on the road here and there but not too bad. Turned left at Lazonby for Carlisle; road closed due to flooding  :\ 

Finally managed to get home by following the 6412 all the way up to Brampton, then M6 back down one junction and in to home via the back route.

Last night, more strong winds blew two fence panels down, one of which fell onto the bike, but lifted the cover this morning to find it unmarked; phew!
Been round a few of those roads in a truck, even managed to stop at the hartside for a coffee and a bun as well as a wee chat to some bikers :)
Some lovely views down that road.

Will need to organise a wknd riding down there next season me thinks :)
Colin
----------------------

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: 13 December 2015, 05:23:12 pm »

Been round a few of those roads in a truck, even managed to stop at the hartside for a coffee and a bun as well as a wee chat to some bikers :)

Well, Scotland is now firmly on the radar for me  :)  Considering I'd often ride 120+ miles to Wales to the start of a day's ride, and Glasgow and Edinburgh are both just under 100 miles from me now... :D

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: 13 December 2015, 06:22:48 pm »
There's plenty good roads inbetween too, Scottish Borders are great :)
We could do similar to what we done with fenyoungsterbiker, either of us travels to others place then head back to other via a route then the other guy(s) heads home :)
As far as I'm aware there are a few foccers in the Borders too :)
« Last Edit: 13 December 2015, 06:26:46 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: 13 December 2015, 06:52:54 pm »
Went on the local yearly toy run, met Downey then lost him at the start and found him again at the finish :lol
Big turn out for what was probably the first dry day in two weeks.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: 13 December 2015, 07:57:37 pm »

Well, Scotland is now firmly on the radar for me  :)  Considering I'd often ride 120+ miles to Wales to the start of a day's ride, and Glasgow and Edinburgh are both just under 100 miles from me now... :D

A701, A701, A701 A701 :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: 13 December 2015, 08:36:21 pm »

A701, A701, A701 A701 :)

:lol
We have got more than one road up here you know? :b
Colin
----------------------