Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:29 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604984 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3950 on: 04 March 2015, 08:52:02 am »
Still thinking about giving it a wash. I am visualising the job, so hopefully soon, once I've got a plan of action, I can get the cleaning kit ready. Have to do these things one step at a time  ;)

Oh, and booked it in at Del's to change out those foccin sintered rear pads for standards. Damn things are lethal!
« Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 08:53:24 am by nick crisp »

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: 04 March 2015, 08:52:16 am »
Brooker, are you happy now mate, you have finally achieved greatness by getting that bellypan, plus you know you've got somewhere when you have a bike carpet  8)

I feel like you arent doing me any favours by showing your bike, i just seen how shiny your exhaust is but i dont reckon i can afford a new one :(

Plus is that 2 mismatched fasteners i see on the front fairing.......tut tut, slacking :b

No mismatched fasteners on my bike not a chance. Just a couple more bits to do. then i will no doubt sell it,i did exactly the same with the gen1. I may change the bike carpet as its the wrong colour :D

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: 04 March 2015, 08:53:21 am »
Hope you exhaust and pillion footrest get better soon  :lol :lol

Well be better soon.Hopefully

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: 04 March 2015, 08:54:34 am »
Brooker, are you happy now mate, you have finally achieved greatness by getting that bellypan

Ah, but can you put your fish and chips in it to keep em warm on the way home?  ;)

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: 04 March 2015, 08:57:14 am »
Ah, but can you put your fish and chips in it to keep em warm on the way home?

Never thought of that i will try it.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: 04 March 2015, 09:01:37 am »
Brooker, are you happy now mate, you have finally achieved greatness by getting that bellypan

Ah, but can you put your fish and chips in it to keep em warm on the way home?  ;)

That is a brilliant idea, i dunno about the chips but i reckon a jumbo battered sausage and a king rib could slide in there easy enough.....has someone already tried this then?

Good luck with your visualisation techniques, you could write a book or 2  - "think your bike clean" by Dr Nick or "the bellypan cookbook" "slow cooking in the fast lane" :D
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: 04 March 2015, 09:21:00 am »
When engines were air cooled and carburetted ( :rolleyes ), and there was a bit more room around there, some folks used to put their takeaways on top of the crankcases behind the block.

Thanks for encouragement on cleaning my bike Noggy. It's a difficult and daunting undertaking, and best not to proceed too light-heartedly. After all, once you start these things, there's no turning back  :eek
« Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 09:22:05 am by nick crisp »

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: 04 March 2015, 09:51:09 am »

Here's hoping you can as an alternative to its intended purpose because I certainy couldn't fit my belly in that pan
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: 04 March 2015, 12:41:39 pm »
Finally got around to getting my R1 bottom yoke and Fazer stem to an engineering company to get the stem knurled, pressed into the yoke and then pinned, should be done by the end of the week.

Talking about getting your takeaways home, when I was 18 (back in the dark ages before anyone asks) I met a guy in hospital who,like me was in there due to a bike accident, he recounted his crash to me. Apparently he had been down the pub then on to the chinky and bought some spare ribs and popped them down his jacket. An Old guy decides that he wants to drive his car off his drive in the morning so reverses off his drive without looking, thinking that at 12am there wouldn't be anyone else out and about, just my new friend was passing. Friend and bike slam into the side of the car, breaking mates left femur, jaw and left arm, he lands a few yards away from the car and the old guy comes running over to see my mate unmoving and shed loads of what looks like blood all over his chest & face and bones poking out from the top of his jacket. Old guy passes out thinking he's topped my mate. Mate ends up on orthopeadic ward, old guy in intensive care with suspected massive heart attack. So just be carefull where you put your takeaway, you may be responsible for putting someone else in hospital!!!

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: 04 March 2015, 12:53:23 pm »
 :rollin :lol  I love that, very funny.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: 04 March 2015, 12:56:45 pm »
Talking about getting your takeaways home, when I was 18 (back in the dark ages before anyone asks) I met a guy in hospital who,like me was in there due to a bike accident, he recounted his crash to me. Apparently he had been down the pub then on to the chinky and bought some spare ribs and popped them down his jacket. An Old guy decides that he wants to drive his car off his drive in the morning so reverses off his drive without looking, thinking that at 12am there wouldn't be anyone else out and about, just my new friend was passing. Friend and bike slam into the side of the car, breaking mates left femur, jaw and left arm, he lands a few yards away from the car and the old guy comes running over to see my mate unmoving and shed loads of what looks like blood all over his chest & face and bones poking out from the top of his jacket. Old guy passes out thinking he's topped my mate. Mate ends up on orthopeadic ward, old guy in intensive care with suspected massive heart attack. So just be carefull where you put your takeaway, you may be responsible for putting someone else in hospital!!!

:'( :rollin :rollin :rollin :'(

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: 04 March 2015, 01:23:38 pm »
Finally got around to getting my R1 bottom yoke and Fazer stem to an engineering company to get the stem knurled, pressed into the yoke and then pinned, should be done by the end of the week.

:rollin  Classic!

A very dirty, dirty, filthy little Fazer  :eek

One used-up, aching back later:

And a little essential chain maintenance:

And no, it's not too tight, ok!  :rolleyes

So that's stage one. Stage two will be clean up rear wheel and sprocket nuts and re-apply ACF, then polish paintwork (or what's left of it  :'( ). Stage four: replace with a younger model  :\

Now I'm off to the For Sale/Wanted section, cos one of the fairing inner panels fell apart  :lol

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: 04 March 2015, 01:31:05 pm »
Hell !!! :eek  steady on man :lol :lol :lol

Looks good though, i did a dry clean on mine the other day,more dust than grime,spray on,wipe off :D

I was going to ask you to meet me at Cheltenham.Sat am,to assist in lifting a hot tub on my trailer,,i had better think again :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: 04 March 2015, 01:33:40 pm »
Hell !!! :eek  steady on man :lol :lol :lol

Looks good though, i did a dry clean on mine the other day,more dust than grime,spray on,wipe off :D

I was going to ask you to meet me at Cheltenham.Sat am,to assist in lifting a hot tub on my trailer,,i had better think again :)

Sorry mate, I'm a man of leisure now  :lol

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: 04 March 2015, 05:55:26 pm »
Went for a spin down through Cheddar gorge today , very sunny but still foccing  freezing , I road tested the new Gopro camera  , I was very impressed with the picture quality ,  I can't upload it though , file is to large , I will have to work out how to reduce the size of the file .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: 04 March 2015, 06:21:55 pm »
Went for a spin down through Cheddar gorge today , very sunny but still foccing  freezing , I road tested the new Gopro camera  , I was very impressed with the picture quality ,  I can't upload it though , file is to large , I will have to work out how to reduce the size of the file .

Be good to see the footag esetest, ive neve been to cheddar gorge, something id like to see but its a fair old trek for me plus the missus would wanna go and ha'd involve the car. How many miles of top roads would you say are in the vicinity then?

Nick - good effort, i knew you could do it, only just noticed that you of all people dont have a rear hugger, actually looks better without one but all the winter riding you do i thought it'd be essential.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: 04 March 2015, 06:32:58 pm »
Got it back from the garage after having the rear calliper completely overhauled, OMG the old seals were grim, no wonder it didn't work!

Anyway, amazing how fast a 600 accelerates when the rear brake isn't permanently on!!!  :lol
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: 04 March 2015, 06:43:22 pm »
How much did that set ya back?
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: 04 March 2015, 07:13:07 pm »
[/qsuote]

did you park up and sit in the sun about half way up the gorge, about 1 30'ish ? Silver fazer ?
if so I went past you on my test ride of the Tracer, id of foccer saluted you but I noticed you at the last minute and the silly bitch in the skoda in front of me  was really pissing me off !! And, yes, it was a tad chilly out there today

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: 04 March 2015, 07:13:47 pm »
Some great roads around Cheddar and the surrounding area , but they can get a bit busy especially during spring and summer , best time is late evenings after the rush hour and everybody has got to the pubs , as you said its a long way to go for a ride , when you have some great roads on your own doorstep .  Once I have worked out how to reduce the file size I will try to upload footage .

Be good to see the footag esetest, ive neve been to cheddar gorge, something id like to see but its a fair old trek for me plus the missus would wanna go and ha'd involve the car. How many miles of top roads would you say are in the vicinity then?

Nick - good effort, i knew you could do it, only just noticed that you of all people dont have a rear hugger, actually looks better without one but all the winter riding you do i thought it'd be essential.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: 04 March 2015, 07:18:51 pm »
I was there  about 2pm , black fazer , the silver fazer was still parked up when I went past , I gave him a nod , how did you get on with the Tracer .quote author=pilgo link=topic=6412.msg185794#msg185794 date=1425496387]
[/qsuote]

did you park up and sit in the sun about half way up the gorge, about 1 30'ish ? Silver fazer ?
if so I went past you on my test ride of the Tracer, id of foccer saluted you but I noticed you at the last minute and the silly bitch in the skoda in front of me  was really pissing me off !! And, yes, it was a tad chilly out there today

wildchild74

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: 04 March 2015, 07:28:21 pm »
Thought about taking it up the woods n dropping a match in the tank :'( :evil
Gaz
Fazer 600 98

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: 04 March 2015, 07:50:53 pm »
I was there  about 2pm , black fazer , the silver fazer was still parked up when I went past , I gave him a nod , how did you get on with the Tracer .quote author=pilgo link=topic=6412.msg185794#msg185794 date=1425496387]
[/qsuote]

loved the Tracer, very easy to ride, great brakes, nice riding position, im 99 % certain im going to be getting one, I have a deposit down on the last black/grey one at Fowlers but me being me I still have this little voice in my ear saying 'dont do it'

I was worried about getting back on my ickle Fazer but I really enjoyed the ride home, I guess a new, non square rear tyre helps with that enjoyment !!
So if it wasnt you I wonder if its anyone else off here ?

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: 05 March 2015, 08:53:57 am »
Taxed it this morning and these also came through the door......some weekend work coming up

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: 05 March 2015, 08:41:23 pm »
[/qsuote]

loved the Tracer, very easy to ride, great brakes, nice riding position, im 99 % certain im going to be getting one, I have a deposit down on the last black/grey one at Fowlers but me being me I still have this little voice in my ear saying 'dont do it'

I was worried about getting back on my ickle Fazer but I really enjoyed the ride home, I guess a new, non square rear tyre helps with that enjoyment !!
So if it wasnt you I wonder if its anyone else off here ?

Not me yet! Soon though.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!