Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:36 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605037 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3450 on: 14 October 2014, 11:39:36 pm »
Bloody hell is there a back brake? very rarely use it.

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: 14 October 2014, 11:45:48 pm »
Bloody hell is there a back brake? very rarely use it.

You must ride a slow blue then  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: 15 October 2014, 06:59:18 am »
took me a while to work this one out  :o ....lots of people on here not using the back brake  :eek ....then it finally dawned on me ....its all the extra power i have on my silver bike.it needs both brakes to stop it.....yamaha fitted both brakes to all fazers/colours weather they needed them or not   :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: 15 October 2014, 01:28:17 pm »
got her MOT'd, only 2 advisorys,both of which i was aware of and both due to it falling off the main stand when it sunk in the hot tarmac at the back of my gaff back in the summer-shortened clutch lever (snapped the end off ) and cracked front mudgaurd (hairline crack,ive been keeping a eye on it and hope to find a 2nd hand one over the winter) so happy days.

they mentioned my chain could do with adjusting,so they did that for me,bless them

noticed that ive put more miles on her in my year with her (2,996 at the time of the mot ) than the previous owner had put on in the last 3 years.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: 15 October 2014, 01:35:42 pm »
took me a while to work this one out  :o ....lots of people on here not using the back brake  :eek ....then it finally dawned on me ....its all the extra power i have on my silver bike.it needs both brakes to stop it.....yamaha fitted both brakes to all fazers/colours weather they needed them or not   :lol

The faster the bike, the less rear brake you use.

R1 Vs choppers:
Choppers: slow, often only HAVE a rear brake
R1: Isn't the rear brake just for decoration (and setting up for corners)?

Red98, 0; delusion: 1,000,000  :lol :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: 17 October 2014, 07:14:07 pm »
Fitted some R&G  heated grips and took a run out to  Squires at Sherburn. Never switched them on as weather was so mild.
About 40 bikes at Squires, not bad for a Friday afternoon in October, like me probably taking advantage of the mild weather.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: 17 October 2014, 07:18:52 pm »
Battery charged in anticipation of weekend weather! Mild today in Midlands.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: 18 October 2014, 05:47:20 pm »
Drained carbs, applied ACF50, charged battery. Tank already brimmed and fuel stabiliser added. Goodbye to the Fazer for 6 months.

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: 18 October 2014, 05:53:24 pm »
Put it away for the winter blues.........spent a couple of hours ACF50ing it, optimate on...........cya in the springtime.......now where did I put me book.... :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: 18 October 2014, 07:49:11 pm »
There are plenty of good riding days through the winter and I dont do wet or even damp
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: 18 October 2014, 07:56:47 pm »
Put it away for the winter blues.........spent a couple of hours ACF50ing it, optimate on...........cya in the springtime.......now where did I put me book.... :)
Drained carbs, applied ACF50, charged battery. Tank already brimmed and fuel stabiliser added. Goodbye to the Fazer for 6 months.

Why ACF50 if putting away presumably in garage for winter
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: 18 October 2014, 08:12:58 pm »
Kept in an outbuilding, corrugated roof. Sub zero temperatures, lots of condensation. Untreated moisture will creep into cracks and will not freely evaporate. ACF 50 actively ejects moisture from these areas.
I ride 12 months of the year in all conditions. Heavy salting of roads in the Welsh hills so prefer to use my 25 year old XJ600 and cosset the Fazer.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: 18 October 2014, 08:19:57 pm »
Heavy salting of roads in the Welsh hills so prefer to use my 25 year old XJ600 and cosset the Fazer.

Ah ha I see, and yes I have seen even in an open to two sides covered area if it has been cold and quickly gets warm then things that had soaked up the cold like metal parts then "sweat" and you can write your name in them.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2014, 08:20:33 pm by fazersharp »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: 18 October 2014, 08:25:10 pm »

Why ACF50 if putting away presumably in garage for winter

:eek :eek :eek....rode 250ish miles to the stafford show, winters not here yet   :rolleyes

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: 18 October 2014, 08:30:45 pm »
Put mine away in the garage for two months last winter; Jan and Feb I think. Didn't ride it once in that time. A miserable two months that was! But I kept it taxed and insured on the off-chance that we might have had a couple of decent days. I'll be doing the same this year. Haven't ACF'd it yet, cos like fazersharp, I only really ride in good weather these days, unless I'm caught out. I'll be ACFing mine at the first sign of a freeze though, cos that salt lays around for ages on dry roads too.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: 18 October 2014, 09:16:01 pm »
Frost on the cars last Sunday morning between Mold and St Asaph. Salt has already been put on some roads locally. 15 degrees today, and the same forecast tomorrow, so hope to go for a spin to Llanberis, Caernarfon tomorrow.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: 18 October 2014, 09:16:39 pm »
cos that salt lays around for ages on dry roads too.
Yep somtimes you can see it on M-ways like dust when it is dry, so I wait untill some rain has washed it away, althought we get some crap in this country it never rearly stays the same for long

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: 18 October 2014, 09:21:31 pm »

fuel stabiliser
where's best to buy this? halfords etc? 

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: 18 October 2014, 11:46:29 pm »
Up here in not so sunny Scotland winter comes around quicker than down south.........the other reason it's gone to bed now is that the tax is out......and I don't ride in the cold weather during this time of the yr...........I have no interest in riding in the cold today was 11 degrees, so far this yr I've done about 3.5k which is more than enough, I prefer to get back on the bike in the springtime with that new bike feeling for the first time..........like fook me I don't remember it being this quick....lol so there u go........it's a toy for the summer  :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: 19 October 2014, 01:14:20 am »
OK, not being funny or bolshy but why add fuel stabiliser?  Years ago I rode all year round, nowadays I dont, but In 32 years all ive ever done is stick it on an optimate every now and again, and fire it up every 2 weeks or so just to circulate the fuel. Ive never once had a problem. Ive never drained the fuel or added anything to it.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: 19 October 2014, 08:34:30 am »
Doddsie, I have done exactly the same as you over the winter period since the early 70's. ie. starting the engine up and letting it run for a while and keeping the battery well charged. When I bought the Fazer a few years ago and told the dealer that I wouldn't be using it in the winter and it would be standing for around 6 months, he advised me to add fuel stabiliser. He told me that due to the ethanol content in modern fuels, if left standing for many months the fuel may 'go off', a condition known as stale fuel. Petrol containing ethanol is especially subject to absorbing atmospheric moisture, then forming gums,solids, or two phases ( a hydrocarbon phase floating on top of a water-alcohol phase).
  The prescence of these degradation products in fuel tank, lines, carbs, or fuel injection components makes it harder to start the engine, or causes reduced engine performance. On resumption of regular engine use, the buildup is often eventually cleaned cleaned out by the flow of fresh petrol. The addition of a fuel stabiliser to petrol can extend the life of fuel.
  After learning all this I didn't want to risk it so I took the advice and for the sake of a few quid bought fuel stabiliser. Yamalube is what I bought, available from many dealers.
   If I hadn't bought the Fazer I would have carried on as I always have done as I knew nothing about fuel going off. Anyway, you know as much as I do now. Breakfast next, then off for a spin on the XJ600 which has never seen fuel stabiliser ! Have a good day and ride safely everybody.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: 19 October 2014, 08:37:13 am »
Up here in not so sunny Scotland winter comes around quicker than down south.........the other reason it's gone to bed now is that the tax is out......and I don't ride in the cold weather during this time of the yr...........I have no interest in riding in the cold today was 11 degrees, so far this yr I've done about 3.5k which is more than enough, I prefer to get back on the bike in the springtime with that new bike feeling for the first time..........like fook me I don't remember it being this quick....lol so there u go........it's a toy for the summer  :)

not just in scotland matey......the more fun we have on our bikes in the summer the quicker the winter comes  :\...weather has changed down here in the south, wet and damp, but not cold yet......iam going to see if I can get a few more days out this year   ;)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: 19 October 2014, 08:53:07 am »
dried mine off. some savage winds during the night has ripped the cover off my bike (still standing upright though luckily) and it was soaked - se a good wash and dry was in order :)

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: 19 October 2014, 10:31:19 am »
Started it up..

The Frying Scotsman

MarkWales

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: 19 October 2014, 11:34:50 am »
started and let her run up to temperature