Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:40 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604841 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3150 on: 27 July 2014, 10:36:24 am »
might be up for this....where and when ?
sent you a pm Red

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 27 July 2014, 01:27:08 pm »

Got my positive mental attitude head on today......just felt like a spin on the thou as soon as i woke up......i just still haven't been feeling the love with it recently and i still dont have a c spanner for the nitron shock.

Anyway i double checked the rear sag with me sitting on it......it is 40mm......ok so on the limit and close to being too soft on paper but certainly not needing made any saggier is it.

Then i got a cable tie on the front fork.....35mm static sag with me on it.....excellent :thumbup [size=78%]........then after a spirited ride it is as follows.......i think that looks good doesn't it.....i've got quite a bit left before it bottoms out which is good as a margin for safety....i did hit some pretty harsh bumps and went over fast crests.[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]I then attacked the front rebound.....the last ride i had was just to work but it felt chattery over rough ground even at normal traffic speeds.......so i softened up the rebound by 2 clicks......felt much better but just a little harsh on my wrists and arms......so i stopped and went 1 more click softer......pretty perfect i think and i really enjoyed my short 50 mile test run.[/size] 8)
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Im almost ready for another decent Mid Wales run now me thinks[/size] :) .

1 question for the gurus though........powering on mid corner at the apex the front end was getting a little bit light and i could feel a side to side wobble over the road........im gonna go 1 more softer on front compression as i think i can get away with that and still have plenty clearance but can anyone identify what i should do to get rid of this mid corner front lightness.......is it just a case of a smidge more preload on the back shock maybe.......or is it the rear compression????

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 27 July 2014, 01:40:19 pm »
Decided to take the rear wheel off so I could give it a proper clean. Thought I may aswell take the sprocket off and clean that also. This then made the swingarm look dirty, so I cleaned that, see where this is going? Got a half clean bike now as I have other stuff to do. Looks good from the back though :eek :lol

Went back to the bike and decided to try my luck on seeing if the exup valve bolts were free. Each one came out sweet as a nut. Decided to replace them with new bolts while they were out. Coated them in threadlock..........oh no, hang on, I mean coppa-slip, before nipping them up ;) :lol
« Last Edit: 27 July 2014, 05:08:47 pm by woodwizzard »

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 27 July 2014, 06:46:05 pm »
Just done the oil and filter.  Refitted the baglux tank cover.  Getting ready to tool off to Europe.

Ferry booked for Friday morning, but might leave it and go early next week.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 27 July 2014, 06:57:16 pm »
Sorted the original plug caps, stripped and cleaned the connection inside them including the small washer and spring ends. Broke open a few old NGK ones I had hanging around and used the resistors from them as they are better than the originals (NGK are 5K Ohm and seem to vary by 5% whereas the OEM are 10K Ohm, but vary by 20%.
Bike running sweetly now at all revs :)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 27 July 2014, 08:29:49 pm »
Yesterday rode over to CMC Cannock then over Cannock Chase & up to Blithfield reservoir near Admaston As the road crosses the reservoir the air temp briefly dropped then back to the high 70s.! Crossed to the A515 down to Lichfield & back to Brum for cold drinks/icecream.

Today marginally cooler rode round Worcestershire came home washed bike-just road dust mainly.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 27 July 2014, 09:07:11 pm »
  PICKED IT UP OFF THE FECKING FLOOR !!!!  :'( (yesterday)

got home from work,parked her up onto the main stand,went up into my flat,heard a horrible metalic 'clump'.thought it sounded strange,so went out to see what it was and found the old girl on her side-the bloody main stand had sunk on 1 side into the baking hot tarmac and got to a unstopable angle and over she went  :eek

absolute bitch to get up off the ground enough to put her onto the side stand,and of course it stunk of petrol and would'nt start again for ages.   

snapped the toggled end off the clutch lever,scratched the engine covers and popped the indicator out of the hole in which it sits.

i normaly park the bike further back from where i had yesterday,id only put her there cos i planned to lube the chain. :rolleyes

gutted.

baggy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 27 July 2014, 09:20:11 pm »
Looked at it for about 30 minutes in the dealers before deciding to buy it. Pick my FZ8 up on Wednesday :)
White FZ8

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 27 July 2014, 10:39:01 pm »
A few of the usual suspects met up at mine for a little suspension tweek on Middens bike then a nice spirited twisty route to the coast for fish and chips.

Going by the constant image of a red 600 in my  mirror's  I would say those little tweeks paid off.'
« Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 02:38:00 am by dazza »

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 28 July 2014, 12:45:25 am »
Not nice :( 
Presuming Paul arrived home safely

Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 28 July 2014, 02:32:24 am »

??? You've lost me there mate,  was actually meant as a complement. Meaning,  you were always in my mirror view,  as opposed to not in it and Miles behind.
Are you on your period?   :lol

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 28 July 2014, 09:56:01 am »
Yesterday , took it out for spin to Longleat .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 28 July 2014, 10:16:09 am »
yep..good days riding,got in just after 10,straight through central london as the sun was setting,great view of city skyline from tower bridge,sun low in the sky reflecting off the buildings,must take my camera next time  :o ...301 miles in total,got a soaking but did`nt spoil a great day....nice new bike kit crazy at a cracking price.....thanks for the tea dazzer and cheers for the pint midden.....whens the next one  :D
« Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 10:19:31 am by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 28 July 2014, 04:04:51 pm »

??? You've lost me there mate,  was actually meant as a complement. Meaning,  you were always in my mirror view,  as opposed to not in it and Miles behind.
Are you on your period?   :lol
Thanks mate :) didn't read the writeup picture put me off lik

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 28 July 2014, 04:29:25 pm »
yep great day nice to see you guys again and cant wait for the next one :thumbup

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 28 July 2014, 11:18:37 pm »
Was heading south from Rome to my next stop on route to Malta when I saw the signs for Cassino, looked like I was going to have plenty of time today so re-set the sat-nav and headed off to Monte Cassino. Stopped at the monastary didn't go in and took some photos of the area around it. then went down to the Polish Cemetary. They built the cemetary on the ground where the Poles fought up to the monastary and you wonder how so few were killed (still over 1100 dead).

Then went down to the commonwealth cemetary where the majority of the UK and commonwealth men who died in Italy are buried, thought Tyne Cot was scary impressive, but this place seemed larger. I was the only visitor but the place was immaculate, only what those guys deserve after their sacrifice for us. Looking at the ages and some are the same age as my son, can't image the pain of their families.

Photos to follow.

On the what did I do note, milages so far, DAY 1, home to Dijon, 484 miles, DAY 2 Dijon to Genoa 368 miles, DAY 3 Genoa to Rome 380miles and today Rome to Diamonte (seeside resort Sth of Naples) 417 miles. Total 1649 miles in 4 days riding. Think I've under estimated the times and distances so don't get much time to actually see or do much other than ride and re-fuel.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 28 July 2014, 11:33:15 pm »
Nice one Ceri,  sounds like an epic journey. Stay safe.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 28 July 2014, 11:43:10 pm »
Cancelled my UK insurance and road tax. Pick up my new Spanish number plates tomorrow then get her insured.
Bike insurance in Spain is just a fecking rip off. They have so many types of cover,  3rd party, 3rd party fire&theft, 3rd PF&T&Total loss. Fully Comp, Fully comp while stationary.
The first two are obvious, the total loss one covers you I believe if you are a no fault claim or uninsured driver. Fully Comp is as it says but if your bike is stationary and parked up if it gets hit knocked over it is not covered. The last one covers everything.
The quotes I have had range from 3rd party only(but this includes recovery) €148.00 to the top one €771.00.
That is me being allowed 7 years NCB, looking like 3rd party only. I have been told most folk out here go for that as the compainies do everything they can to avoid paying out. So all I want is a piece of paper for when the Guadia Civil pull you over and they do that at the drop of a hat.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 29 July 2014, 12:13:51 am »
The UK isn't so bad after all then  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 29 July 2014, 10:29:14 am »
stripped the forks on my project 600 to fit new seals....hope postie dos'nt let me down this morning....
« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 10:30:08 am by red98 »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 29 July 2014, 12:59:14 pm »
posties just been.....too late.iam off to poole bike night :-)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 30 July 2014, 02:18:16 pm »

Did 100 miles around pembrokeshire and carmarthenshire on the thou in the sun....went to Cenarth falls.....was ok but nowt special......the kinda falls that are 2 a penny up north o Scotland.

I have a new love for the thou now after further suspension tweeking......it is getting better and better......I'm still winding out the rebound on the front forks and with every click softer it gets more manageable on the roads...looking at my cable tie gauge i can still go a bit more softer without bottoming out.

The blistering performance of that engine i will never get from anything else at a few grand......it is addictive. 8)

:faz THOU NO LONGER FOR SALE
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 30 July 2014, 03:38:39 pm »
Any luck with the rear shock preload adjuster yet?

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 30 July 2014, 04:15:11 pm »

Did 100 miles around pembrokeshire and carmarthenshire on the thou in the sun....went to Cenarth falls.....was ok but nowt special......the kinda falls that are 2 a penny up north o Scotland.

I have a new love for the thou now after further suspension tweeking......it is getting better and better......I'm still winding out the rebound on the front forks and with every click softer it gets more manageable on the roads...looking at my cable tie gauge i can still go a bit more softer without bottoming out.

The blistering performance of that engine i will never get from anything else at a few grand......it is addictive. 8)

:faz THOU NO LONGER FOR SALE

Well done young sir ;)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 30 July 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
nice one noggster. was wondering how long it would take you :lol