Date: 27-04-24  Time: 11:51 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604942 times)

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #2975 on: 24 June 2014, 12:55:50 pm »
Fitted my brand new Mivv exhaust... 8)

« Last Edit: 24 June 2014, 04:20:33 pm by Rexr »
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: 24 June 2014, 01:03:24 pm »

Replaced the spring on my fiddly ASV clutch lever after making do with an elastic band mod.

Very fiddly....the springs can be had via sportsbikeshop & if anyone needs a hand fitting one in future gimme a shout......uber fiddly.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: 24 June 2014, 03:16:00 pm »
Took a trip out to Helmsley,did the obligatory Stokesley to Helmsley TT!
Stopped at Rievaulx abbey for a breather.
Ordered a new number plate off another foccer.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: 24 June 2014, 05:35:53 pm »
Stripped out the front forks for fresh oil and New seals. Still can't quite bring myself to attempt this myself, so dropped them off atthe local dealers. :o

AllyBally

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: 24 June 2014, 08:08:33 pm »
Stripped out the front forks for fresh oil and New seals. Still can't quite bring myself to attempt this myself, so dropped them off atthe local dealers. :o

If I'd known you were doing that, would have helped you strip the forks Dazza. They're not that bad to do, getting the calipers and forks off takes the most time I've always found in the past when I've done fork seals on my bikes
The voices told me to do it !!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: 24 June 2014, 08:18:55 pm »
220 mile ride today to Bridgnorth, then B4368 to Craven Arms,Clun,Newcastle(yes really!),over Kerry Hill to Newtown then the A483 to Crossgates for refreshments & chat with fellow bikers. Afterwards, Llandrindod Wells, Builth Wells,then A470 to Llyswen, A438 to Hay on Wye where I met my sister who is living on Clyro Hill. Back to hers for tea then time to head for home A438 to Hereford,then Worcester,Droitwich Bromsgrove . Rhondda Red has had a good day in her spiritual home!! Im tired but happy. Pic is the view out over Black Mountains from my sisters log cabin

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: 24 June 2014, 08:29:33 pm »

If I'd known you were doing that, would have helped you strip the forks Dazza. They're not that bad to do, getting the calipers and forks off takes the most time I've always found in the past when I've done fork seals on my bikes
Kind offer Ally, thank you. Would like to watch someone strip a set down before I felt confident to do it myself. It's alright watching videos but no substitute for seeing it done in real time.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: 24 June 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
Just took the both front calipers off the bike,made sure the pistons were moving,cleaned the exposed ends,lubed and cleaned them again.Some rust on the exposed ends of the pistons, thats the problem with washing a bike in the winter,,the pistons behind the pads take days to dry out.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: 24 June 2014, 10:56:32 pm »
Nipped down to Sammy Millers museum, an amazing collection of everything bike highly recommended. Then on to poole quay for bike night and more amazing machines of all denominations. Got bored of the motorway by Basingstoke so found a new way home, all in all a great biking day.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: 25 June 2014, 06:18:14 pm »

Returned home to Wales on the gen 2....Fife to Pembrokeshire....east coast to west coast....north to south.......500 miles.......7 hours 30 minutes.......totally fooked.......getting pissed and listening to the white noise :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: 25 June 2014, 06:44:04 pm »
Hit the road in spots did you? :lol

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: 25 June 2014, 08:07:32 pm »
Did a bit more on the seat mods as in the padding. A few pics, started glueing underfelt foam and shaping that and finally sticking and shaping 1" soft foam over that and re-stapled cover temp' till I finalize it then make a new cover for it.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: 25 June 2014, 08:18:06 pm »
I changed the front sprocket for a 16t, and found the 17t I took off a bit 'worn'
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: 29 June 2014, 05:53:49 pm »
Had an extremely irresponsible, highly illegal but brilliant fun game of tag with a 14 plate Z thou today. Performance wise, there wasn't anything in it. (Which added to the fun). Both pulled over in appreciation of the sport for a little chat. Always amazes me how these old gen 1's can hold there own against modern stuff, not as much as it amazes them though. :D

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: 29 June 2014, 07:29:50 pm »
I changed the front sprocket for a 16t, and found the 17t I took off a bit 'worn'

Why did you have a circular saw blade on there?  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: 29 June 2014, 07:30:45 pm »
. Always amazes me how these old gen 1's can hold there own against modern stuff, not as much as it amazes them though. :D

:lol :thumbup

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: 29 June 2014, 07:46:04 pm »
Gave it a rest after yesterdays outing 285miles..... :) some easy riding (as there's been plenty of cops around on the west coast of Scotland for the last couple of weeks) but on the run down from Inverary to Arrochar it had it's tits kicked in.... :lol I was in fast company.... ;) so the day started off at Milton petrol station in Dumbarton from there to the Green welly for a pee stop, then on to Glencoe village (another petrol station) for a bacon roll... :), then around the Kinlochleven loop for some fast entertainment  :lol, then back across the bridge to take the Appin road to Oban for lunch, then down the Lochgliphead road and onto Inverary for a Brew.......and then home.....great days riding with great company.... :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: 29 June 2014, 08:26:10 pm »
Found a nice way into Wales, avoiding that boring stretch of dual carriageway from Ross to Monmouth - A49 from Ross, then turn off for Skenfrith, B road goes all the way in to Abergavenny.

Couldn't get to the Oasis as Abergavenny was closed off for some cycling festival and road race, so found myself at West End café, Llandovery

Did the Beulah to Newbridge road - buggers had gravelled all the best bits  :grumble

Had to go back and repeat some of the roads me, slimwilly and friends did last weekend too - think I'm addicted to that Newtown road  :b
Did some very twisty B roads too, care needed as single track, high hedges, lots of blind bends in places.

God knows what route I did coming home. Came out of Newtown and did that bit down through Craven Arms etc, then went down A49 to Leominster, then I think it was A417 towards Gloucester - avoided A40 all the way til just past Cheltenham. About 340 miles today, good fun.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: 29 June 2014, 08:43:52 pm »
Found a nice way into Wales, avoiding that boring stretch of dual carriageway from Ross to Monmouth - A49 from Ross, then turn off for Skenfrith, B road goes all the way in to Abergavenny.

Is that the B4521, My son found that road also and uses it coming home from his place of work in near Monmouth, he says it is a great road. No one on it after 5:30pm

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: 29 June 2014, 08:53:12 pm »
220 mile round trip to my mums. Glastonbury to shepton mallett (past pilton and the Glastonbury festival site,lots of smelly,bewildered looking people stumbling around outside  :lol ),then the A361 towards frome/warminster,past longleat and over the tank ranges at chiterne,end up back end of stonehenge,then the boring but fast A303/M3 to Ascot via jacks at Bagshot (GREAT breakfast there)

got petrol for the trip home,bike would'nt start!!  :eek   been having problems with the bloody immobiliser for a while,but on this occasion it was totaly not playing ball. so called my breakdown people,but kept trying to start the bike,wiggling the wires from the immobiliser while pressing the starter button and she starts,so cancelled the breakdown peeps and had a great reverse trip home. couple of old bill motorcyclists parked up outside pilton at the festival site,just after id over taken some dithering cager but they just nodded because i was being a good boy  8)

soooooo,anyone know a good mobile auto electrician who's good with bikes in the somerset area?!!

ps,thats the longest trip ive done in the last 8/9 years,loved every minute of it,God its good to be back on a bike again  :) 

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: 29 June 2014, 09:35:45 pm »
Rode out through Bath onto Longleat  then through Frome then onto Cheddar , stopped for a coffee , spent an hour chatting to another biker , had another Fazer owner saying his 04  Fazer is the best bike he has ever owned . Rode it back to my sisters via Shipham , Burrington , and past Chew Valley lake ,  about 80 miles .

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: 29 June 2014, 09:40:11 pm »
Came to a sad conclusion today, I'm simply too tall for a Fazer.  :(

I found myself with a whole day to spare so I thought I'd retrace my honeymoon route. Left Coventry at 6.00 and went to Brecon via Stratford & Hereford, had a spot of lunch then followed the Mon-Brec canal down to Abergavenny, back into England and home via the Fosse way, 240 miles in total. With stops every hour or so it took all day and my knees were still in agony, so I definitely need a taller guy's bike as the seat mod I did last year made no difference.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: 29 June 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

Is that the B4521, My son found that road also and uses it coming home from his place of work in near Monmouth, he says it is a great road. No one on it after 5:30pm

That's the cookie. I did it from Abergavenny to Skenfrith and back a few weeks ago, then whilst browsing the map, saw how I could connect with it not far from Ross. I'm getting really bored with the A40 - a quick way in, but done it so many times now I needed something fresh.

I kept seeing roads and turn offs today that made me think, oh, that looks interesting, but not enough time to give them a look - loads around Hereford, Worcester, Ludlow, routes to Shrewsbury etc etc, so still plenty to explore up there.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: 29 June 2014, 09:48:38 pm »

Why did you have a circular saw blade on there?  :lol
There's not a lot left of it put it that way.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: 29 June 2014, 11:39:21 pm »
Left early 11am and went for a short 75 mile trip to Cobh Island with my wife. Our goal is that every time my wife and I go for a spin is to travel a road we have never been on previously. Cobh is just 25 milles from our home and today was the first time we went left and left instead of the normal right, some lovely roads and scenery. A few very narrow bits. Stopped for coffee and a cake in Costa Coffee on the way home and were home at 2:30pm

Watched BSB for a while and then fitted and balanced two Metzeler Z8 tyres for my sons Fazer 600.