Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:00 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605012 times)

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #2700 on: 16 May 2014, 08:35:55 pm »
Spent an hour this evening giving it a good wash.

When ayone else does this, do you get random blokes coming up to you and chatting about bikes?

Call me paranoid but when he asks where I work, if I ride the bike there and what time I leave in the morning it kind of goes beyond random bike chat yeah?
When I put the bike away the disclock, chain and alarm went straight on.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: 16 May 2014, 08:43:55 pm »
That looks really good Noggy. Have a good one tomorrow, weather should be right for it. I was thinking of loading up the tent again this weekend, but as explained elsewhere, can't really do it now. I managed to get a couple of hours in to clear my thoughts a bit this afternoon though. Over the Lambourn Downs to Wantage, A338 to Hungerford (nice winding stretch with good surface - rare around here!), then a B road route back to Swindon, Highworth, Faringdon and home. Will hopefully get out again on Sunday, no idea where to head though. Maybe the tank museum at Bovington, dunno.

Cheers Nick....got a bit of stripping and greasing to do yet but she aint all that bad really & i cant wait to see what she is made of......even got my doubts about that but i hope im proved naive on that matter.

Like you I've got a few things to deal with at the moment & although i would always welcome company i am preferring my own right now..I'm gonna get in the zone....just me, the bike, my life, no phones, no chit chat, no wize cracks, no bacon butties.....no thoughts other than the road & the tyres & the thrill just for the foc of it......i'll only be stopping when i need fuel......i don't think people quite get that about bikes do they.

I'll still be welcoming a bit of sport though if it happens so long as i stay clear of stupid speeditis but im feeling the need for some fun. 8)

Did i mention i am in Wales & it is sunny???? :sun
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: 16 May 2014, 08:55:08 pm »
Spent an hour this evening giving it a good wash.

When ayone else does this, do you get random blokes coming up to you and chatting about bikes?

Call me paranoid but when he asks where I work, if I ride the bike there and what time I leave in the morning it kind of goes beyond random bike chat yeah?
When I put the bike away the disclock, chain and alarm went straight on.

Ha ha :lol

I took a train at 0600 to take 6 hours to get to Manchester to pick up my new bike.........middle o manchester & the owner says ok follow me 2 mile down the road ill show you the petrol station then its easy to get home.......ye nice one...ok see ya later mate.

Filling up the bike & some complete rubbernut manc that did actually look like Bez starts jabbering in my ear about his son who loves bikes & can he take some pics. :photo

I thought the bike was going in the back of his van...& im still thinking he was cloning the plate.......but he was a top bloke so foc it who cares i'm insured :b

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: 16 May 2014, 09:08:44 pm »

Cheers Nick....got a bit of stripping and greasing to do yet but she aint all that bad really & i cant wait to see what she is made of......even got my doubts about that but i hope im proved naive on that matter.

Like you I've got a few things to deal with at the moment & although i would always welcome company i am preferring my own right now..I'm gonna get in the zone....just me, the bike, my life, no phones, no chit chat, no wize cracks, no bacon butties.....no thoughts other than the road & the tyres & the thrill just for the foc of it......i'll only be stopping when i need fuel......i don't think people quite get that about bikes do they.

I'll still be welcoming a bit of sport though if it happens so long as i stay clear of stupid speeditis but im feeling the need for some fun. 8)

Did i mention i am in Wales & it is sunny???? :sun

I spent many years living alone in various flats, no tv, no phone, doin my own thing. Had my bike, and a good crowd at High Beach I met up with regularly; sometimes we'd go on rides together, but most of my riding was alone. That's really my default position - FOC-U has kinda changed that now  :)
But I still need my own space, and feel really cramped living with my Dad. I'm getting itchy feet again, need a change. But yeah, you gotta have your own space sometimes, clear the cobwebs, press the refresh button.

But no bacon butties?!!  :eek Foc that!  :lol

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 16 May 2014, 09:58:55 pm »
Went out for a 50 mile blast this afternoon round North Somerset , when  on the bike , I am not worrying about Mum ,  neighbours from hell , finding work or paying bills , biking keeps me sane .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 16 May 2014, 11:47:33 pm »
Rode it to a local spot, the rest and be thankful, then rode it home :)

Just cleaned the bike, and scrubbed the chain and sprockets before 're-oiling as well:

Nice n windey

Clean bike

Chain and sprocket looking a bit better:

Scotland sure looks good Mick....nice pics

You must be getting used to that thou now

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 16 May 2014, 11:59:20 pm »

Little bit spit & polish before i hit Welshy Walesy Roads in the morning.

Adjusted the rearset for the gear lever,  lowered the handlebars a little bit, adjusted the span on the clutch and brake levers.....added some activ8 to the engine oil.....put some kurust stuff around the fuel filler lip under the cap where it was a tad rusty and gave it a thin coat of wd once dry.

Hardly ever get weekends off....never mind dry ones....when i have an FZ1 ready to ride......actually feels a little bit festive :D

Gorgeous colour noggy, really like that!  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 17 May 2014, 12:00:27 am by Doddsie »

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: 17 May 2014, 12:01:07 am »
Aye its nae too bad noggy. Where I took that pic is only about 25 miles from my house, which is nice :D

Getting used to it now mate aye...cant wait till my tyres are done though, really holding me back now but Im too tight to just chuck half worn tyres.

How you liking the FZ1 (scrubbed up great BTW ;))

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: 17 May 2014, 12:45:04 am »

Little bit spit & polish before i hit Welshy Walesy Roads in the morning.

Adjusted the rearset for the gear lever,  lowered the handlebars a little bit, adjusted the span on the clutch and brake levers.....added some activ8 to the engine oil.....put some kurust stuff around the fuel filler lip under the cap where it was a tad rusty and gave it a thin coat of wd once dry.

Hardly ever get weekends off....never mind dry ones....when i have an FZ1 ready to ride......actually feels a little bit festive :D

Gorgeous colour noggy, really like that!  :thumbup
+1 
really nice looker :)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: 17 May 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
Woo hoo !!! i have got some Gilles rearsets to fit (thanks to Curt)

Now where am i going to find time,,I have got 8 rabbits to sort for dog food from last nights golf course raid,,a rifle that is playing up,,hope the firing pin spring is not broken :'(

hedges to cut,,back yard to clean up,,room needs glossing on woodwork,,front door need glossing,,

oh hell,,think i may go on a bike ride tomorrow :lol ,,need a rest..I did 200 or more miles today :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: 17 May 2014, 06:33:18 pm »
Had a real nice day on the thou today.

Lovely and warm and bikes everywhere.......went to llandovery and then i tagged a group...bmw1000r thing...a gsxr 750 and something else sporty...scraped my boot on a tight left hander, it'll polish out...followed them swiftly as far as Beulah where they turned in to get petrol....beeep beep and a thank you wave......blasted through the twisty Beulah road....focced up a couple of corners...but had fun....got on the A44 from Rhayader & went supersonic......for about 10 miles...before attack of the foccin cyclists :( ......bastards!

Had a brief stop at Aberystwyth which was hoaching......loads o bikes too :b ...only photos i managed coz i was busy.

Really got into the flow on the way back down the coast towards Aberaeron & before long i was flying.

I had some serious doubts about the thou before today....i kinda thought it was slower on the B roads than the old 600......well i quashed that theory.......i wouldn't go any quicker on any bike coz theres only so much my eyes and small brain can cope with so i think this thou is perfect for me.

I have chewed up the tyres a bit......it's unknown what is the previous owner as chris had it on the track before but im pretty sure  the latest scrub is fresh and ive no need to bullshit...front and back tyres are getting chewed.......but I'm completely shit on left handers and i wont lie about that...too close to the hedge and a bit of a mental block about turning that way.

Anyway an absolutely excellent day out on my own for 5 hours and im still buzzing. 8) 8) 8)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 17 May 2014, 06:45:10 pm »
Woo hoo !!! i have got some Gilles rearsets to fit (thanks to Curt)

Now where am i going to find time,,I have got 8 rabbits to sort for dog food from last nights golf course raid,,a rifle that is playing up,,hope the firing pin spring is not broken :'(

hedges to cut,,back yard to clean up,,room needs glossing on woodwork,,front door need glossing,,

oh hell,,think i may go on a bike ride tomorrow :lol ,,need a rest..I did 200 or more miles today :)

You dont deserve them ;)

I thought curt had a fzs1000.......have you gone bought the wrong set????

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 17 May 2014, 06:46:49 pm »
looks a cracking day noggy, glad to hear you are now gelling with the thou :)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 17 May 2014, 06:51:32 pm »
Thats more like Aberystwyth should look-not like the news pics back in the winter with the prom all flooded and smashed. Glad you enjoyed the ride on the thou.,noggy!
I only did 64 miles around Staffordshire/Derbyshire roads but what a beautiful day-nice to get the tyres warm!

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 17 May 2014, 07:41:13 pm »
Get a new Front Roadsmart II fitted and scrubbed it in, done about 100 miles around the local lanes including the Burnhan Bends.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: 17 May 2014, 07:48:19 pm »

had it ivanised,   :)  :D
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: 17 May 2014, 07:56:06 pm »
Thats more like Aberystwyth should look-not like the news pics back in the winter with the prom all flooded and smashed. Glad you enjoyed the ride on the thou.,noggy!
I only did 64 miles around Staffordshire/Derbyshire roads but what a beautiful day-nice to get the tyres warm!

i

I have no less fun on the old 600.

Speeds perhaps different.

But i certainly felt more pressure today.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: 17 May 2014, 09:37:20 pm »
Well Noggy, did you let the revs go up past 7000 ?,,

now you see why we have velcro gloves,,,hell wont they just wind up,gear after gear :) :) :) :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: 18 May 2014, 08:37:28 am »
Well Noggy, did you let the revs go up past 7000 ?,,

now you see why we have velcro gloves,,,hell wont they just wind up,gear after gear :) :) :) :D

Oh yes Bill...all the way to the red....quite a treat.......that little Beulah road was "interesting"  shall i say on the thou.....i wont deny i did a bit of panic braking on a couple of the tight corners....i shouldnt have...but i did.....so ill need to keep doing that road.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: 18 May 2014, 11:02:58 am »
Had my first decent long run 650 miles in total on the1000, going to and from the NW200. Took a while to dial in the brain to the speed again. Got fed up of the Motorway after 100 miles and went the twisty route for the last 200miles. :)

Arrived back to Armagh after the race and decided to return the same way, all the rest went the boring route via Newry Dublin Cork motorway, I arrived home about 11:30pm  having left the race track at 6:30pm with 1 petrol and coffee stop in Armagh and 1 petrol only stop in Portlaoise. The route  Armagh, Monaghan, Clones, Cavan, Castlepollard, Mullingar, Tullamore, Portlaoise and it was definitely more fun than the Motorway from Newry to Cork. Did the last 100 miles on the motorway as it got dark. It probably took 45mins longer than the motorway route, but much more fun :)

Came accoss one camera van and one speed trap between Mullingar and Tullamore, but was in a line of slow traffic each time :thumbup
Great days racing, hope Simon Andrews will be ok after his nasty tumble, roll on the next Road Race.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: 18 May 2014, 12:24:03 pm »
Not today, but yesterday...

Spent the day installing some auxiliary lighting so that I can see in the dark again after going back to standard Fazer Candles.

Mounted the extra light to the forks so that I can see round the corners on those dark twisty Black Forest roads!

Also took Fazeriders advice (from a different thread) and while I had all the electrics out, wired direct power from the battery to the headlights via relays switched by the original light wiring.

Originally had a voltage drop of 1.4V per bulb. Now down to 0.3V and I really think the lights are a fair bit brighter! The wiring box under the tank is now tighter than Daisy Duke's shorts though! Lot of junk in that trunk!

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: 18 May 2014, 12:36:11 pm »
Not today, but yesterday...

Spent the day installing some auxiliary lighting so that I can see in the dark again after going back to standard Fazer Candles.

Mounted the extra light to the forks so that I can see round the corners on those dark twisty Black Forest roads!

Also took Fazeriders advice (from a different thread) and while I had all the electrics out, wired direct power from the battery to the headlights via relays switched by the original light wiring.

Originally had a voltage drop of 1.4V per bulb. Now down to 0.3V and I really think the lights are a fair bit brighter! The wiring box under the tank is now tighter than Daisy Duke's shorts though! Lot of junk in that trunk!

That summer mini fairing looks ace!
The Deef's apprentice

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: 18 May 2014, 01:00:21 pm »
Thanks ChristoT!

I like that it looks different, but still kinda fits the original look of the bike!

Next step is making infill panels for the gaps left rear of the headstock.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: 18 May 2014, 01:28:56 pm »
mmmmmm Daisy Duke in shorts!!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: 18 May 2014, 02:02:12 pm »
Nice lights... Good job... But that brake lever says "dropped"
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))