Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:31 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1604879 times)

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #2575 on: 02 May 2014, 05:58:13 pm »
Loaded it onto the van and waved goodbye to it :'( :'( :'( but will see it everyday as I sold to my friend who I work with  :lol :lol :lol
Mark :)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: 02 May 2014, 06:13:09 pm »
Turned down my scottoiler a tad, cleaned it all, and then put a layer of hydrophobic sealant all over, sprayed it into all the crevices as well. beading and hseetign like a trooper now :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: 02 May 2014, 06:34:22 pm »

Cleaned the noggyfighter......then cleaned the SEM-A.....lubed the chain on the sem-a.....with no paddock stand yet & only a side stand it was labourious.

Met Unfazed & his wife who were passing by, he got to see noggy towers & the fazers....always good to meet another foccer. 8)

Put the sem-a in the shed & the noggyfighter is relegated to outdoors....poor noggyfighter :'( [size=78%]...couldnt be so harsh so went to halfords & got her an oxford cover.[/size] :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: 02 May 2014, 08:11:58 pm »
just bought one of these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_787885_langId_-1_categoryId_165704

just need to make a bracket up to fit the bugger in between the forks now.

Davebo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: 03 May 2014, 12:54:07 am »
Yay me! Took the mighty Thou into work and back when the roads were mildly moist and as a bonus no one in a car tried to ram me off the road.

Forgot to mention that there was an old-ish Gen 1 Thou at Asda in Adel, Leeds. Black 1.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2014, 07:41:13 pm by Davebo »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: 03 May 2014, 04:58:59 pm »
Gave it an oil change, for about the thirtieth time. :rolleyes

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: 03 May 2014, 05:30:41 pm »
Went for a ride out in the Spring sunshine. Stopped by a boating marina for a couple of pics.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: 03 May 2014, 05:32:45 pm »
Forgot to upload Mr fazer!

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #2583 on: 03 May 2014, 05:47:35 pm »
Replaced the battery and adjusted the chain.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: 03 May 2014, 06:25:37 pm »
Rode the one on the left down from Scotland last week to the Costa Blanca were I live, the one on the right took her for a spin just to charge the battery up a bit as has not run for two weeks.

« Last Edit: 03 May 2014, 06:28:07 pm by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: 03 May 2014, 06:32:48 pm »
Dave48, Your foxeye looks mint  8)
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: 03 May 2014, 08:39:52 pm »
Finally 'finished off' my rear maxxis diamond after chasing my bro-in-law around Windermere. It's now bald as ya dad.

It started out like this 3k ago.

Awesome tyres, easily as good as any other s/t tyre I've used over the years, and I'm not kind to my tyres!
Haters carry on hating at your own expense!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: 03 May 2014, 08:49:27 pm »
No hating here stevie - but they do look weird!

Slimwilly might come along in a mo and show you what a PROPERLY bald tyre looks like though  :eek

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: 03 May 2014, 08:59:13 pm »
Put it this way, there's 1mm or less all round! Lucky I got home without being stopped by yoonohoo :o

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: 03 May 2014, 09:28:34 pm »
To be fair, It's the Supermaxx I hate! Not tried the Diamonds...
The Deef's apprentice

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: 03 May 2014, 09:29:41 pm »
Dave48, Your foxeye looks mint  8)
Thanks Lez,
Some of it is due to previous ownership but the rest is my OCD-keeping the bike shiny/self maintained is my reward  to the bike lfor the pleasure I get riding the little red beast! :lol

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: 03 May 2014, 10:10:44 pm »
To be fair, It's the Supermaxx I hate! Not tried the Diamonds...
I'll be honest with you without being big headed, I've not been overtaken by another biker on twisty roads whilst on diamonds. Been past a fair few wannabe's
I keep up with my bro-in-law whose on Pirelli angel gt's riding a tweaked mille, and boy, can he ride!
Everyone who's ridden my bike have said the tyres feel unstickable! A bit of an odd feel at first with the strange profile, but it helps when you throw it over in a bend

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: 05 May 2014, 09:14:15 am »
another nice day.....after yesterdays ride with the lofo`s on my 600 boxeye,its reminded me just how good these bikes are   :D .....so iam off out again...only to machinemart in twickenham to get some gas for the welder...which i could get 1 mile down the road at halfords.....but swmbo dos`nt know that  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: 05 May 2014, 09:55:11 am »

I did a quick 50 miler yesterday on noggyfighter........it was great! & i felt on good form.......the front end is far too light though & under full throttle i really need to lie on the tank because the front lifts every time theres a small bump.

At the end & approaching my village i got stuck behind a car....no big deal.....just about to turn a small corner straight into the 30 limit, police are often there & theres one o those digital speed i dicators....so i hung back......& Harrrrrrumph!!!!........a BMW1000r & some other mega bike fly past us......& i became deflated & thought hmm maybe i coulda just go passed.

Then i read the threads about staying safe & i think it is these type o guys that ending up embedded in cars or becoming street furniture.

Not sure where to go today, might just keep it local & do a little tour of pembrokeshire.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2594 on: 05 May 2014, 10:55:38 am »
I was too knackered to post this yesterday...

My local IAM Group is running a monthly Scatter Rally, this month's challenge is to find military memorials to a specific regiment, squadron, batallion, unit etc (not just the generic "Lest we forget" type). So I went via Fovant to Lyneham to Kemble and then Hullavington and hopefully got pics which will suffice.

Then went to Bristol to visit my mother in hospital and finally rode back to Portsmouth, having racked up about 300 miles!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: 05 May 2014, 01:24:54 pm »

Cleaned the noggyfighter......then cleaned the SEM-A.....lubed the chain on the sem-a.....with no paddock stand yet & only a side stand it was labourious.

Met Unfazed & his wife who were passing by, he got to see noggy towers & the fazers....always good to meet another foccer. 8)

Put the sem-a in the shed & the noggyfighter is relegated to outdoors....poor noggyfighter :'( [size=78%]...couldnt be so harsh so went to halfords & got her an oxford cover.[/size] :)

And likewise, always good to meet another Foccer. A shame we could not take up the offer of Tea from his good lady wife.
We were heading to Abergavenny via the A40,  :) unfortunately by Car,  :'( but we met many bikers who were on the boat heading to Bristol and down to Lands End and they were also on the A40 for the same reason I was. :lol Pull out of the way to let them overtake and watch the flowing lines and secretly wishing I was with them. :'(

Had to welcome the seeing the light of Noggythenog and buying the fast colour.  :lol
We had a good fazer chat, and he certainly appears to have got good value for money. Lovely sound off that akrapovic :)
Noggy best of luck with that fantastic sounding machine and we will call again next time on the bike. :thumbup

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: 05 May 2014, 01:34:03 pm »

I did a quick 50 miler yesterday on noggyfighter........it was great! & i felt on good form.......the front end is far too light though & under full throttle i really need to lie on the tank because the front lifts every time theres a small bump.

Try adjusting the preload at the rear giving less static sag, that will help stop the squatting at the rear and lifting the front to easily.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: 05 May 2014, 01:38:09 pm »
A short ride to Colwyn Bay and back from Wrexham, via Ruthin, Denbigh, St Asaph, 94 miles. I went to have a look where the petrol stations are in Colwyn Bay as I'm doing a Bike Safe course on Friday at N. Wales Police H,Q. and need to have a full tank for the afternoons ride. I managed to fit in a teacake and coffee on the prom at Rhos on Sea. Just washed and dried the bike and put it away, as rain is a possibility this afternoon.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: 05 May 2014, 02:12:29 pm »

Try adjusting the preload at the rear giving less static sag, that will help stop the squatting at the rear and lifting the front to easily.

Cheers unfazed, ill give that a go & see how it goes.

I had a blast to West Angle Bay today almost at the entrance to the haven & i seen the ferry come in....imthought i hope he makes the ferry this time ;) .

Look forward to seeing you again on the bike & we can ride some welsh twisties. :)

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: 05 May 2014, 04:16:34 pm »

Cheers unfazed, ill give that a go & see how it goes.

I had a blast to West Angle Bay today almost at the entrance to the haven & i seen the ferry come in....imthought i hope he makes the ferry this time ;) .

Look forward to seeing you again on the bike & we can ride some welsh twisties. :)

I did, I did. :lol
We will, We will.  :thumbup