Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:25 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605029 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #1025 on: 08 September 2013, 08:35:01 pm »
Rode roads like this today, 6 of use in total had some fun with a new guy in our group he was on a Honda 600 Hornet, them wee bastards can shift, his skills are greater than mine but we had a buzz. Heading towards the Jalon valley. The weather this week is to turn nasty so glad we got out and about today.
Lew
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 08 September 2013, 08:39:54 pm »
371 miles: from Carterton, Oxfordshire, to Chesterfield, loop (with nakedadder & andybesy - cheers fellas!  :thumbup ) including Snake Pass, Cat & Fiddle (done it at last!), round by various very enjoyable roads to Matlock Bath, and home again. And discovered both up and back that A361 between Banbury & Daventry is a cracking little twisty road - pity the sun was in my eyes both god-damned directions!

« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 08:45:49 pm by nick crisp »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 08 September 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
Nice one Nick,,winter is coming
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 08 September 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

Hey Lew, any winter jobs down your way?  :lol

garyb

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 08 September 2013, 09:26:25 pm »
Cleaned and balanced the carbs - went for a spin and bike running so much sweeter now!

nakedadder

• "Fat lad from Derby"
    imageSept 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 08 September 2013, 09:30:34 pm »
371 miles: from Carterton, Oxfordshire, to Chesterfield, loop (with nakedadder & andybesy - cheers fellas!  :thumbup ) including Snake Pass, Cat & Fiddle (done it at last!), round by various very enjoyable roads to Matlock Bath, and home again. And discovered both up and back that A361 between Banbury & Daventry is a cracking little twisty road - pity the sun was in my eyes both god-damned directions!

There's a fat bloke with a silver helmet on who seems to be trying to find out where the road disappears to  :lol
Sent from a fat foccer sitting in front of his pooter

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 08 September 2013, 09:43:45 pm »

There's a fat bloke with a silver helmet on who seems to be trying to find out where the road disappears to  :lol

Thought you'd got fed up with the Triumph and was going to walk the rest of the way - shoulda stuck with a Fazer!  :lol

nakedadder

• "Fat lad from Derby"
    imageSept 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 08 September 2013, 09:50:48 pm »

Thought you'd got fed up with the Triumph and was going to walk the rest of the way - shoulda stuck with a Fazer!  :lol

No chance of that Nick  ;)   the growl from that 1050 triple is addictive, get yourself a test ride on one, you know you want to  :lol
Sent from a fat foccer sitting in front of his pooter

bristol banger

• DAS Born Again
  • smooth an silky
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 08 September 2013, 10:39:45 pm »
Stripped and cleaned the exup valve, only one sheared bolt. Drilled and cleaned up thread then copious amounts of copper slip all working a treat :)
Bollocks, bigger hammer required

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 08 September 2013, 10:47:44 pm »

Hi Nick, loads of work , my wife has no bother finding me jobs to do around the house. Her version of DIY translates Destroy IT Yourself.
Muggins here has to pick up the pieces.  :'(
She has got cute to me now though she starts doing something and I will try and get a rise out of her!! usually I can through a hissy fit and say had enough I am away out on the bike, she hid my keys the other day :eek
Lew
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 08 September 2013, 10:59:16 pm »

How long did it take Nick
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 08 September 2013, 11:06:21 pm »
Replaced my front Blue Spots with a set of 2003 R1 Gold Spots.
Will post a picture when I get to take it out of the garage, started raining as I was finishing up and did not get a chance to take it for a spin. They look good on the Fazer
The pistons are black and look like a teflon coating just like the Fazer 400 Brembos. They are supposed to be the best of the bunch before they changed to radial ones
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 11:07:08 pm by unfazed »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 08 September 2013, 11:13:54 pm »

How long did it take Nick

Carterton to Chesterfield took from about 7:20 am to 10:30am. But, had to stop once to remove pinlock which actually made things worse in early morning cold. Also, 2 leisurely coffee breaks - got to services just before meet point nr. Chesterfield at 10:00 am. Did the loop by 5:00 pm ish (?) - not really sure. Again, we didn't go fast and stopped a few times including longish break for food at Congleton (?) and another longish break (for more food  :lol ) at Matlock Bath.

Snowdonia next? Approx 200 miles each way plus play time whilst there. Will need a very early start, might have to wait for longer days again next summer.

No sore ass, I swear to God it's cos of merino wool boxer shorts!

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 08 September 2013, 11:15:40 pm »
Whilst I was away on a Pan Europe for the weekend A friend fitted my new can

9 Simon fitted new can to my bike 2013
9 Simon fitted new can to my bike 2013
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 08 September 2013, 11:16:41 pm »

Hi Nick, loads of work , my wife has no bother finding me jobs to do around the house. Her version of DIY translates Destroy IT Yourself.
Muggins here has to pick up the pieces.  :'(
She has got cute to me now though she starts doing something and I will try and get a rise out of her!! usually I can through a hissy fit and say had enough I am away out on the bike, she hid my keys the other day :eek
Lew

Lew, please tell me, how much does this housework lark pay?  :lol
I would suggest hiding spare keys all over the place. For a small wage, I'll come out and ensure there's always a set she doesn't find... ;)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 08 September 2013, 11:20:09 pm »
Replaced my front Blue Spots with a set of 2003 R1 Gold Spots.
Will post a picture when I get to take it out of the garage, started raining as I was finishing up and did not get a chance to take it for a spin. They look good on the Fazer
The pistons are black and look like a teflon coating just like the Fazer 400 Brembos. They are supposed to be the best of the bunch before they changed to radial ones

Yum yum unfazed, this looks like a tasty mod,

Now please tell me how easy it is to do & how plentifull these bad boys are. :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 08 September 2013, 11:59:56 pm »
A direct replacement, only extra was 4 copper washers for the banjo bolts on the calipers. They even take the same brake pads. The longest part of the job was bleeding the brakes afterwards
I got them on ebay from Germany for £120 incl postage. I was looking for about a month, but they seem come up regularly enough. They are from the 2002/2003 R1. There were plenty of them available in the US at the time.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 09 September 2013, 12:10:15 am »
A direct replacement, only extra was 4 copper washers for the banjo bolts on the calipers. They even take the same brake pads. The longest part of the job was bleeding the brakes afterwards
I got them on ebay from Germany for £120 incl postage. I was looking for about a month, but they seem come up regularly enough. They are from the 2002/2003 R1. There were plenty of them available in the US at the time.

how are they different to the OEM "Blue spot" calipers? is it just the colour, or are the pistons etc a different size?

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 09 September 2013, 12:23:03 am »
The major difference I could see was the pistons and the only cosmetic difference is the colour.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 09 September 2013, 06:16:06 am »
Glasgow to Malaig and back, 340 miles.......the mighty Fazer Thou didn't miss a beat..... Brilliant day out, pissed down big style on the way back and glad I put Dunlop Roadsmarts on a few weeks ago, great grip in the wet

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 09 September 2013, 07:39:30 am »
Glasgow to Malaig and back, 340 miles.......the mighty Fazer Thou didn't miss a beat..... Brilliant day out, pissed down big style on the way back and glad I put Dunlop Roadsmarts on a few weeks ago, great grip in the wet

Malaig road is the one with all the speed limit signs on the tight bends - dual carriageway? Foc me it was windy when I did that road! Good ride tho'.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 09 September 2013, 09:48:21 am »

Malaig road is the one with all the speed limit signs on the tight bends - dual carriageway? Foc me it was windy when I did that road! Good ride tho'.

I think you remember wrong Nick as there are no dual carriage ways to Mallaig

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 09 September 2013, 10:11:32 am »
that will be the A830.....rode it this summer from mallaig down to fort william...single carriageway with tight bends around the rock face.....dry day for me,fantastic road  :) 
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 09 September 2013, 10:18:21 am »
Went to go out yesterday for a long overdue play in the aim to rack up a few hundred miles but alas it was not meant to be. Got out to the garage and faffed around a bit checking out the air filter... then the bugger wouldn't start again. Spent 10 mins figuring out what was wrong and... the kill switch had been knocked again *sighs*

So left late, then got about 3 miles away and the bike started to splutter and come to a halt... crap... god damn fuel pipe is kinked under the tank and I forgot to bring any tools with me. Half hour later my house mate turns up and I get the bike running again. By this point big black clouds have come over and are looking menacing so gave up and rode home - it just wasn't meant to be. Turned out that the rest of the day was actually quite nice with no rain but I bet if I'd have continued it would have thrown it down just to spite me :P

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 09 September 2013, 10:24:09 am »
that will be the A830.....rode it this summer from mallaig down to fort william...single carriageway with tight bends around the rock face.....dry day for me,fantastic road  :)

That's the very one and it was dry for me too, it didn't start raining until Crianlarich all the way down Loch Lomond side then cleared up at the Erskine Bridge