Date: 27-04-24  Time: 19:43 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 227111 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1275 on: 05 January 2019, 12:25:16 am »

OK, so that's adding:
5. We want more air pollution
6. We want to waste more energy
7. We want to use more fossil fuels instead of sustainable bio fuel
Does that sum it up? And are you suggesting for a moment that the UK wouldn't have legislated anyway?

Are the rest of the world outside of the EU complying to this legislation?.

I think it requires a global effort if we're going to make a global difference.

I've seen the statistics for EU plastic waste for example and it's miniscule compared with the rest of the world.

You get the feeling that we in the EU are making a vain attempt to right all the environmental wrongs on our own :rolleyes

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: 05 January 2019, 12:29:08 am »
 1.       Daylight running lamps
2.       Graded Bananas
3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather
4.       Cheap and nasty food and drink imports
5.       A ban on new 2 stroke motorcycles
6.       banning of certain types of domestic light bulbs that result in people having to shell out for the extra expense of new fittings/lamps.
7.      Lower wattage vacuum cleaners
8.      E10 fuel

So 5 is, err umm, well nobody wants to manufacture 2 strokes.  I’m taking that off yer list.
6. needs further explanation.  I’ll stick it on, if you can kinda explain, well what the fuck you are on about.
7.  Ok you want crap goods, kinda goes with 4 – wanting crap food. 
8.  Is off the list.  Nothing to do with the EU.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 05 January 2019, 12:31:02 am »
 So the new foc-u BREXITEER list is;

1.       Daylight running lamps
2.       Graded Bananas
3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather
4.       Cheap and nasty food and drink imports
5.       Crap inefficient electrical goods.

So is that it?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: 05 January 2019, 12:36:45 am »

That's the point we don't want the legislation to come from the EU. Just like VNA does not want to be ruled by Westminster. 

VNA does not want to be ruled by Tories.  Which also means I don’t want to be ruled by idiots who wish to trash their economy in the name of some sort of hysterical imperialistic nationalism.  My desire for Scottish Independence is purely political. 
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 12:37:27 am by VNA »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 05 January 2019, 12:41:44 am »
Ah, this kinda sums it up fae me;

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 05 January 2019, 12:50:27 am »
quote author=VNA link=topic=24678.msg290002#msg290002 date=1546647829] Yeah!  So we got some new reasons fae the BREXITEER foccers.  So 5.  Didn’t know anybody still made 2 strokes.  They’ve been obsolete for 20 years.  Nobody is interested in manufacturing them or buying them.

Call yourself a biker
:rolleyes
Oh, it must be brilliant being so blind....Ignorance is bliss.
This is why you have zero credibility. :D

Have you not heard of the KTM300EXC 2stroke......probably the best current off-road bike on the market and possibly my next road legal greenlaner

https://youtu.be/vGo0ZXa2bI4

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 01:18:23 am by dazza »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 05 January 2019, 09:51:51 am »
KTM300EXC...Great choice Dazza, fuel injected,water cooled and with kick and electric start, and more torque than the 250. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 05 January 2019, 09:54:53 am »

OK, so that's adding:
5. We want more air pollution
6. We want to waste more energy
7. We want to use more fossil fuels instead of sustainable bio fuel
Does that sum it up? And are you suggesting for a moment that the UK wouldn't have legislated anyway?

Regarding ethanol in petrol, E10 fuel is less energy efficient. You'll be filling up more often.

Also not all vehicles are compatible with it. It can have a detrimental effect on the fuel system of older cars and bikes. We aren't talking all that 'old' either. I think every car manufactured since 2011 has to be capable of using it without issues.

The vintage motorcycle scene have already reported numerous problems with E5.

Be careful what you wish for!.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 10:27:26 am by YamFazFan »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 05 January 2019, 10:13:34 am »
I noticed last year in France the only choice in some filling stations was the E shit petrol or super, which is far more expensive. Not a problem for me as I only run my Fazer on super. But people could be forced, financially, to buy cheaper E based petrol  only to be faced with more expense with a repair bill, or forced off the road as they can't afford a later vehicle that can run on this fuel.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 05 January 2019, 10:26:38 am »
8.      E10 fuel

8.  Is off the list.  Nothing to do with the EU.

So the proposed introduction of E10, and the current E5, has got nothing to do with the UK attempting to meet its obligations under The EU Renewable Energy Directive?.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 10:27:43 am by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 05 January 2019, 10:34:49 am »
I noticed last year in France the only choice in some filling stations was the E shit petrol or super, which is far more expensive. Not a problem for me as I only run my Fazer on super. But people could be forced, financially, to buy cheaper E based petrol  only to be faced with more expense with a repair bill, or forced off the road as they can't afford a later vehicle that can run on this fuel.
Good point. With fuel prices already sky-high most people are just going to fill up with whatever's cheapest.
 I only put Super in my 600 now rather than take a chance. The cars are much more modern so should be OK on standard unleaded. There's quite a cost difference when it comes to filling a car tank up.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 05 January 2019, 10:39:19 am »
5.  Didn’t know anybody still made 2 strokes.  They’ve been obsolete for 20 years.  Nobody is interested in manufacturing them or buying them.
Speak for yourself. I'd happily have another one. They were fantastic fun back in the day :woot

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 05 January 2019, 11:39:51 am »
 You know, the truth is youse voted LEAVE, without really knowing why you were voting LEAVE.  Or perhaps you were genuinely taken in by the 350 million a week for the NHS, and shocked that EU officials can get a hair cut in the EU parliament.  It's being against something wthout being for anything. 

Maybe it is just good old English imperialism and fear of Johnny Foreigner.  What is wrong with the English?

Are the rest of the world outside of the EU complying to this legislation?.

I think it requires a global effort if we're going to make a global difference.

Yes there is much more to be done.  But the EU has indeed often lead the way, lead the world in terms of environmental standards.  And it does so because it brings nations together, agrees legislation by consensus and creates a level playing field that allows unrestricted free trade for members. 

The way forward to global standards, is not leaving the EU where we will have no say in new EU standards, new standards that more than likely we will have to comply with, but increasingly EU standards are being adopted by other countries around the globe as off the shelf solutions, that also help align themselves economically with the EU in order to gain free trade access to the EU.

BEXIT at the end of the day is a project in self harm.  Whatever route we take, we will lose sovereignty, our standing will be reduced globally, and our economy will be negatively impacted. 

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 05 January 2019, 11:52:28 am »
Don't drop in this thread very often even though started it as a p*ss take of 2 certain members. We are now 52 pages in and for the last 30 or so pages they have not said any thing new or sensible. Will drop in again after another 10/20 pages see if they have found something more sensible to say or some cartoons that are remotely amusing. All the best for the new year as a free independent nation. again.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 05 January 2019, 11:55:37 am »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 05 January 2019, 12:16:14 pm »
 The days before DRL we bikers could ride with our lights on and we were very visible because of them and we stood out against the traffic because the only vehicles with lights would be volvos and bikers . But now almost every car has them AND not just a small plain light, they are getting brighter and bigger and ever more abstract shapes so our lights are lost amongst the Christmas tree that the road has become making biking more dangerous. And I think that the brightness is set to be seen in Spain at mid day, just perfect for the UK at 3.30 pm  :rolleyes .         

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 05 January 2019, 12:23:42 pm »

BEXIT at the end of the day is a project in self harm.  Whatever route we take, we will lose sovereignty, our standing will be reduced globally, and our economy will be negatively impacted. 

None of this makes sense fella? Help me out here- none of the above statement makes any sense!?!

Brexit was a referendum not a self harm project. It polarised the electorate and created division, that's all.
Leaving the EU will actually increase our sovereignty. Sovereignty is the power of the state to do everything to govern itself- collecting taxes, making laws, forming treaties etc.
We haven't had any standing globally since the 1st world war when the USA overtook us economically and as a global superpower. However, the UK is still a member of the G8- this won't change after brexit.
So far the economy is holding up well, unlike most of the EU member states. Economists are divided, no one has a crystal ball.

Your faith in the EU is commendable, unfortunately the majority don't share your belief in this dysfunctional bureaucracy, it's a sinking ship and has had it's day.

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 12:25:49 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 05 January 2019, 12:31:09 pm »
Don't drop in this thread very often even though started it as a p*ss take of 2 certain members. We are now 52 pages in and for the last 30 or so pages they have not said any thing new or sensible. Will drop in again after another 10/20 pages see if they have found something more sensible to say or some cartoons that are remotely amusing. All the best for the new year as a free independent nation. again.
So it's all your fault then  :)
Here's some more remotely amusing pictures.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 05 January 2019, 12:36:22 pm »

So exactly what euro millions are we giving away.
Would that be the millions that we have paid TO the EU and then THEY decide where is is to go back into the UK after taking out their subs to run the whole corrupt system and to pay their
45, 000 + civil servants on salaries far above those that they would receive in their home countries in public service.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 05 January 2019, 01:02:30 pm »
Mtread, if you're digging out the ladybird books, don't forget this one for VNA. :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 05 January 2019, 01:30:17 pm »
Brilliant, no posting, no dissent. So on this thread we can all agree that Brexit is a disaster, we need another referendum to overturn it, and if not Scotland can go independent :D

Careful now.......

Scotland - you mean that bit at the top where they get a Commons seat because the SNP win a constituency of 10 votes  :wall

I have just been reading through the whole post again, as I feel that it is good to have a completely unbiased and independent view of the situation as we are departing from Europe.
I now feel fully informed and equipped to move forward with a glad heart knowing that it is all working out fine.

'that bit at the top' now that is no way to talk of our brothers and sisters in the North of the United Kingdom (Someone remind me again what 'United' means)

Now just to add some fuel to the dying embers:

I personally think that Mrs May is doing a great job with the whole crock of shit that she inherited, she herself was not a leaver but has had to accept what the general idiots populace of this country asked for (I say asked for, and not what they likely wanted) Mrs May is between the proverbial 'Rock and a Hard place' as I feel she is doing her very, very best with a bunch of fucking wankers in both parties trying their very best to scupper the process and also assassinate her in the process.

I was a remainer and still am, but I have to accept what is metered out to me, just like Mrs May has.

:woot :woot :woot Mrs May I salute you.

All you leavers can go fuck yourselves! Or of course you can leave, that is another option. I hear there is a lot of room for settlers in Syria just now. Lots of properties going cheap that need renovating.

I have an inflatable if you would like to purchase it. 

Happy New Year XXX

:eek :pokefun      

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 01:32:05 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 05 January 2019, 01:33:47 pm »
The way forward to global standards, is not leaving the EU where we will have no say in new EU standards, new standards that more than likely we will have to comply with, but increasingly EU standards are being adopted by other countries around the globe as off the shelf solutions, that also help align themselves economically with the EU in order to gain free trade access to the EU.

Its a big red herring to keep repeating the mantra that whilst out we will loose our "say" in the EU. How much of a "say" does the UK actually have in anything EU related anyway.And the point of being out is that just like the rest of the world WE will be able to decide on our own standards that are fit for our own purpose and if an EU one is fit for our purpose then we will use that. Why is that so bad.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 05 January 2019, 01:40:48 pm »
I was a remainer and still am,
All you leavers can go fuck yourselves!

A very helpful and thought provoking enlightened intelligent post. Thank you. 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 05 January 2019, 01:40:59 pm »
Mtread, if you're digging out the ladybird books, don't forget this one for VNA. :lol

Now Dazzer,
I for a fact know that you have doctored the cover of that Lady Bird book, because, I saw a copy of it in a charity shop just before Christmas and the original cover had a Highland Cow on the front. well the Welsh get enough stick, and quite rightly so.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 05 January 2019, 01:44:26 pm »
I was a remainer and still am,
All you leavers can go fuck yourselves!

A very helpful and thought provoking enlightened intelligent post. Thank you.

My pleasure, I am glad it was helpful.