Date: 27-04-24  Time: 15:18 pm

Author Topic: Continental Sport Attack 2?  (Read 1735 times)

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
Continental Sport Attack 2?
« on: 01 October 2012, 11:52:56 am »
Anyone tried these tyres? How well do they behave on dry pavement, how long do they last? The thread doesn't promise grip in the rain, but I don't ride faster than a wounded snail in the rain so no problems.

Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Continental Sport Attack 2?
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2012, 11:59:40 am »
superb grip in dry!, but ware out quick?....didnt do much riding in rain on them so cant comment?...i had them on bandit 12 but only got about 3k out rear ,front think i changed @ 4k..

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2012, 12:38:44 pm »
thinking back slaninar?...i have had road attacks" on a bandit six and they where superb in dry and wet!!...poss be better off with them on fazer? ;) ....and got realy good mileage from them!!
« Last Edit: 01 October 2012, 12:44:19 pm by CRH »

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2012, 12:52:15 pm »
thinking back slaninar?...i have had road attacks" on a bandit six and they where superb in dry and wet!!...poss be better off with them on fazer? ;)

Road Attack 2 are the best tyres in the world... but they last so little. I was hoping Sport Attacks 2 are a bit more durable.

Oh yes, RA2 are also very thin. A friend who races keeps telling me to stay away from Michelines and Contis since they don't have a metal, but canvas lining and are too thin and soft - "if you blow a front tyre on any glass/pothole etc, you'll have 0 time to slow down and prevent going off road".

But those RA2 felt soooo good! Very predictable, excellent grip. If Sport Attack 2 are similar, but longer lasting... 3k miles is too little. How much mileage do you get from other tyres? 

Maybe on a FZS600 they could last a bit longer than on a 1200cc Bandit. I also heard from a British biker that roads on the Island are a lot grippier, but harder on tyres. Roads in my country are too slippery, but tyres last looong time. Except for RA2s that is. :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2012, 01:41:30 pm »
thinking back slaninar?...i have had road attacks" on a bandit six and they where superb in dry and wet!!...poss be better off with them on fazer? ;)

Road Attack 2 are the best tyres in the world... but they last so little. I was hoping Sport Attacks 2 are a bit more durable.

Oh yes, RA2 are also very thin. A friend who races keeps telling me to stay away from Michelines and Contis since they don't have a metal, but canvas lining and are too thin and soft - "if you blow a front tyre on any glass/pothole etc, you'll have 0 time to slow down and prevent going off road".

But those RA2 felt soooo good! Very predictable, excellent grip. If Sport Attack 2 are similar, but longer lasting... 3k miles is too little. How much mileage do you get from other tyres? 

Maybe on a FZS600 they could last a bit longer than on a 1200cc Bandit. I also heard from a British biker that roads on the Island are a lot grippier, but harder on tyres. Roads in my country are too slippery, but tyres last looong time. Except for RA2s that is. :)

3K miles???????? i did over 5.5K on my continentals.... (FZS600)

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2012, 02:12:10 pm »
mabe lazarus but mine was on a bandit 12?....on a fazer 6 they should last longer?..

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

...think i got nearly double that mate!! ;)