Date: 28-04-24  Time: 14:18 pm

Author Topic: mot time  (Read 1435 times)

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
mot time
« on: 29 September 2012, 11:33:58 am »
took my 98 fazer for its 1st mot in my ownership,i was expecting a couple of fail items but wen i turned up there was an identical black square eye in for mot already,sadly his failed on bald rear tyre(but not bad for anoter 98 bike with loads of miles(his had 65k) put him in touch with the forum as nice guy so hopefully e join in,then my mot time,passed with flying colours with just a warning on slack chain (did think chain would fail the mot) mot man(alan)was impressed with condition of both the fazers
after chating to him a while i noticed a little villiers engine in his workshop after enquire about it iv managed to get a skotabyke from him(got to collect it as its in loads boxes)its an excelsior bike with villiers engine(98cc) with mad legshields so realy is a cross between a bike and scooter,totally different and a great little project for me so all in all good day for me  :D 

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: mot time
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2012, 01:04:26 pm »
any pics  :) :) :) :) :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2012, 01:58:53 pm »
any pics  :) :) :) :) :)
sorry no pics,im hoping to collect it early next week but it realy is in boxes of bits but iv googled them and there mad,like a bantam wit stick on legshields and running boards!will take a lot of work but worth it when done and the price was great ie was free! :D

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2012, 04:23:05 pm »
cool! how old is it? can you stick up an internet pic of the same model?

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2012, 05:19:03 pm »
its around 1958/59 so is tax free and will be mot free,i can add to my other classic insurance for £12 per year and she will do around 100mpg so dead cheap ride! te parts for engine are still available new and dirt cheap ie full gasket set £5 cables £5 each,piston £30 ! the wheels will prob be most expensive part ie chrome wheels and spokes! maybe il get stainless spokes and paint the rims to keep costs down as it be a cool 'daily'ride ,il try work out how to add a pic as not done that before on here!

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2012, 05:23:31 pm »
this is the type of bike ,think its a simgle seat model iv got  as seat didnt look that big!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2012, 05:45:15 pm »
haha that is class. would look good in an army camo style green. nice aerodynamic side covers!

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2012, 07:05:55 pm »
haha that is class. would look good in an army camo style green. nice aerodynamic side covers!
tis bit mad looking aint it hence why i jumped at chance of get it as like weird and wacky stuf

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2012, 08:17:32 am »
nice one  :D ....and a freebie....keep us updated on this project :D  iam very interested  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2012, 09:20:28 am »
free is always best :)  il keep you updated once iv got it but got my dads trojan to finnish for the nec classic car show (in nov!)1st and cant decide if to do this bike 1st or resume another resto im on with at mo(messerschmitt kr200) the bike sould be easyish to restore as theres not much to them,will prob have to make new leg shields and floor plates tho as they very bad! il post some pics once iv collected  it in bits!do i go mad and restore silly or make it presentable but very usable?

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2012, 10:15:45 pm »
Good to hear your mobile again :) . I took my bike to Alan for it's MOT earlier this year and was there again with a puncture if you remember :'( .
I always enjoy nosing around whilst I'm there as he often has his 400/4 and other 70's / 80's bikes that I remember well.
Andy

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2012, 06:53:26 am »
Good to hear your mobile again :) . I took my bike to Alan for it's MOT earlier this year and was there again with a puncture if you remember :'( .
I always enjoy nosing around whilst I'm there as he often has his 400/4 and other 70's / 80's bikes that I remember well.
Andy
andy im mobile ish can ride the bike quite easy but driving is a car/van is bit of paint with pressure on right foot!still its healing well and should be back at work in next few days,alans got some cool stuf the 400/4s are his own(think hes has done one and is selling/sold the other,he always has some mad stuf in there and likes to see some crazy/unusual stuf like i have!he has been around a long while(i remember going when i was 16/17 im now 40!)and is a great guy who still likes to chat ,have a cuppa etc and is always fair with his work/prices,he knows il do my best and get the excelsior back on the road,he wants a ride on it when its done as part of the 'deal' as he realises he wont get around to it himself and knows the time and money that will go into it will be far more than what its worth wen its done