Date: 07-05-24  Time: 13:35 pm

Author Topic: Anybody have a Wingrack with a PLASTIC monokey plate?  (Read 1016 times)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Anybody have a Wingrack with a PLASTIC monokey plate?
« on: 04 September 2012, 03:26:05 pm »
I recently took delivery of a Givi Wingrack 2 which came with an aluminium "m3" monokey plate. The plate's a bit worse for wear and as I have another "m3" plate (currently fitted to a monorack) I thought I'd use that - however that one is made of plastic/nylon or similar. They are totally identical apart from the material they are made from.

I emailed Givi about it and have not had a response. Does anybody know why there is an aluminium and a plastic model? I wonder if it's safe to use the plastic one with the Wingrack - anybody got a plastic one fitted?

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody have a Wingrack with a PLASTIC monokey plate?
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2012, 04:02:47 pm »
Plastic = cheaper to make

but still more to buy !

not sure of which one I have but the the one on my thou is plastic and hold my givi e52 maxim box never had any issues with the plate but the big red plastic button on the box is made os cheese and deformed so i had it out and reinforced it a bit !

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody have a Wingrack with a PLASTIC monokey plate?
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2012, 04:40:58 pm »
Same here, never had a problem with the plate with my E52, just wondered if it had to be aluminium for the wingrack for whatever reason. Plastic one seems sturdy enough although I'd rather not find out whether that's true or not at 70mph! Yeah, you might be right, maybe the plastic ones are just later ones designed to keep the costs down....