Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:00 am

Author Topic: New bits  (Read 2217 times)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
New bits
« on: 08 March 2012, 08:29:43 pm »
New chain and sprockets arrived today, including a 47 tooth rear, just waiting for my shock to arrive and then bang it all on and hey presto! Instant new bike (sort of), just in time for the silly season :) .  On another point, a few people have mentioned that, after fitting Devilsyam's R6 shock kit, they noticed their bikes have more of a tendancy to wheelie, is this correct?

Ghoti

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Speed4
    • View Profile
Re: New bits
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2012, 09:00:00 pm »
Yes for me, but not a violent wheelie, just front goes lighter.

I put it down to the rear suspension working and the power is pushing the bike forward smoothly rather than the back end bouncing up and down so I feel more comfortable cracking the throttle fully open.  More throttle means more chance of wheelie!  If you accelerate at same speed, don't think it is more likely to wheelie.

Ghoti

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Speed4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2012, 09:02:48 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, is 47 tooth less than standard. If so, that WILL make the front come up. When I got my bike it had a smaller rear sprocket on, all suspension settings to max and it was hard to keep the front down.

subby

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2012, 09:09:16 pm »
Standard is a 48 rear.. just changed mine for an oem kit and have standard rear shock settings, it will lift in first if u wanted it to!.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
Standard is a 48 rear.. just changed mine for an oem kit and have standard rear shock settings, it will lift in first if u wanted it to!.

Not on a gen1 thou it aint  :b Gen 1 stock rear sprox is 44,  if you stick 47 it will lift the wheel very easy  i run 45 on the rear the speedo mph is than 100% correct with gps.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2012, 09:57:14 pm »
Hmmm interesting, should make it a wheelie good ride then..........get it?.......wheelie good ride?.......god I'm wasted on here :lol

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2012, 10:31:58 pm »
the shock mod or any properly sprung rear shock will help the front lift. as when you pour on the power you dont lose as much in the rear end sqauting down.
i run 46 on the rear with a nitron shock sprung correctly. although its easyer to lift it dosent do so uncontrolably or in a vicious way.
it dose pep the bike up a bit, and going 3 up on rear will throw your speedo out. i fitted a speedo healer to compensate.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2012, 10:58:56 pm »
Might have to look into one of these speedo healer thingies, will see what the 47 tooth is like to ride with first. Beginning to think it wasn't such a great idea as the front end gets very flighty currently. I just seem to use 1st gear a lot when in traffic or on some of the twistier roads i go on and it doesn't seem right that I should be.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2012, 11:21:36 pm »

Not on a gen1 thou it aint  :b Gen 1 stock rear sprox is 44,  if you stick 47 it will lift the wheel very easy  i run 45 on the rear the speedo mph is than 100% correct with gps.
If a 45 is put on rear that will increase acceleration. I know that standard speedo readings are slightly optimistic, so is it definetly accurate with a 45 tooth rear and does it make the bike vibrate buzz  through the bars more? :rolleyes
If it's broken, it's not fixed.