Date: 28-04-24  Time: 17:14 pm

Author Topic: Happy man  (Read 1566 times)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Happy man
« on: 04 March 2012, 01:12:42 am »
Just had my bike dyno-ed today at Jordans Bikes in Leeds and what a happy man its made me. 130 bhp at the back wheel! With a nice smooth power curve all the way to the limiter, not bad for a fairly unmolested 30,000 miler, thats in desparate need of a service! Chuffed to bits I am, so much so that I thought I'd share this little bit of happiness with you all :D

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Happy man
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2012, 03:18:50 pm »
Wow, that sounds petty good, Is your bike completely standard ? I'm not so happy with mine, :( had it dyno'd on friday...98.8 @ tbw. It seems the French have tried to take all the fun out of it. Going to get it sorted on thursday. 130 @ tbw I'd be happy too  :)

Gray fox

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2012, 03:49:34 pm »
Think i will take my Gen 1 to Jordans, as it's close to me. What do they charge for a dyno run? Just full monty Ivanised mine along with modifying the inlet rubbers. Did a test run on Friday & quite honestly couldn't feel much difference, starts better though. The thing always feels like a rocketship anyway on my first ride of the year after driving an old diesel focus all winter. I will be gutted if i don't get 135 bhp. 

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2012, 04:29:01 pm »
Ummm, don't wanna take the cherry off your bun but not all dynos are the same, some will record higher HP than others. Look for your air-fuel ratio & if she runs weak or lean anywhere rather than outright horsepower statements.

Having said that, a tuned machine should crack 130hp so all is as it should be.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2012, 05:49:44 pm »
Had 3 dyno bhp runs on mine at various events. had results from 134 bhp to 142 bhp
the one thing in common is each time its given a perfect fuel air mix.
the bike was running the exact same set up on each run and the runs were spread over about 2 years
full monty ivans and blueflame can KnN filter
i have since added a ignition advancer to so might try to get another run in this year at some point.
But it just shows how everything from weather conditions and diff dynos produce diff results on the same set up.

the guy before i brought it had a dyno jet kit fitted that he said came out at 137 bhp, i swaped that out for the ivans kit and found it made the bike much more useable and much better midrange. no lumpyness low down either that the dyno kit had.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2012, 10:15:39 pm »
Jordans were doing a (not very well advertised!) dyno day, only found out about it last minute! It cost me a fiver, but I think it costs about 25 quid normally. The bike, as far as I'm aware, is relatively standard, with only a stubby carbon can fitted. Fuel/air mixture was interesting as its running lean in the lower revs then swiftly swaps to running rich as it spins quicker! I'm gonna hazard a guess that Ivan-ising it sorts that out. Still even with different dyno fluctuations, I'm still pretty pleased with it and it sounded awesome :D