Date: 27-04-24  Time: 00:32 am

Author Topic: Best Used Estate car - need some advise please - I need to buy a bastid  (Read 14694 times)

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Best Used Estate car - need some advise please - I need to buy a bastid
« Reply #25 on: 25 March 2012, 05:44:59 pm »
I do rate skoda and have owned a oct vrs full leather all the toys i also had it chipped it had the same engine as a Audi tt 20v everything is stamped vw/Audi but just costs a fraction less, skoda do a dsg in the diesel and it's a stonker it's all down to badge snobbery.

Vauxhall's diesel 1.7 cdti engine suffer with egr probs on a regular basis the 1.9 D in the vx is a fiat engine goes like a scalded cat either 120-150 bhp but is sh1t the box cant take the torque and falls to bits around 50k If driven hard, egr faults still and many more they now don't do the 1.9 they say it's to do with emissions but the truth be told it was a crap engine and the warranty claims have put a end to the engine.

BMW diesel is a cracker you won't go wrong with one of em 320d is a good en 335d is the best by far 300bhp will keep up with a new m3 till 90mph as its a twin turbo diesel and will do 40mpg ! also only available/ in auto/tip as they never made a manual box that could handle the torque ive seen touring/ estate versions sell for 7k its a real cracker also Volvo I've also had a Volvo t5  in fact 2 t5 quality is second to none everything is bang on and 200k is nothing, just closing the door sounds like its s proper built car not a tin can.

Ford I've never rated ford the 1.8. Tdci did not return the same mpg as the above cars i so thought was poor and died not feel of Any quality.

Vw hold resale values and young lads like em because the diesel goes like stink if you want the same car but more ie dsg full leather and low miles for your money and badge snobbery is not a issue buy a skoda and what you save get it chipped and gain mpg more and will blow the sox of most hot hatches.

Dave.

paul.s

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
iv just bought an audi a3 sportback 2.0 tdi 140bhp and i love it coming from a 3.0 tdi touareg doing 20mpg this things showing 57 mpg at 90 on the motorway and returning 40mpg round the town :D  id try an a4 tdi if i were you getting mine re,mapped to 170 bhp next month  apparently dont lose any econimy if driven gently but much more poke when you want it

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
Or try a BMW 320 DSE Efficient dynamics...177bhp out of the box.....and on my regular Scotland to England runs...it is often showing 70mpg at 70mph...allegedly it will go twice as fast but I have no evidence in support of that ridiculous assumption ;-)
The Frying Scotsman

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
They are prety rare but I'm very impressed with my Renault Laguna 2.0 DCI 180GT Sport Tourer.

The GT has a trick 4 wheel steer system, a sporty suspension setup and 180bhp. Drives very well but I can also get 45mpg if driving with a bit of care. It's also very practical with a flat wide load space.

Originally got a standard model by chance as a hire car on holiday and was impressed enough to consider it when thinking of changing the family wagon. Discovering the rare GT model encouraged me further and I've not regretted the decision.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
I've got an 04 reg Skoda Octavia estate (Laurent and Clemment model with all the bells and whistles)  it was my friend's company car and I bought it from the lease company for peanuts.

It's a FANTASTIC car.  60mpg on a long journey, 48 mpg combined.  comfy, loads of room in the boot.  I'd buy another.  It's currently on 115000 miles, I reckon it's worth a look.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
My 06 mundano tdci 130 estate has never missed a beat in the 4 years I,ve owned it ,will run it till it starts to cost money
Its just a ride

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
nearly bought an A6 but it has multitronic gearbox which (I now know) are supposedly unreliable

nearly went (to waste another day) - actually to look at some Mondeos

the heart slightly rules the head as I ended up buying an 05  V70 D5 SE Auto from Dydrals Volvo (independent) in York (I would recommend)

its done 159K but will do me for 12 months (or less dependent how the job front goes) - pity its not the 185bhp (I ragged one of those yesterday)  but it'll be quick enough (now I'm paying for me own fuel and tyres!)

Picking it up tomorrow

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Yea you have always struck me as a Volvo driver  :lol  ,found yourself gazing through antique shop windows yet  :b
Its just a ride

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
In the Office complex we share in Falkirk..there is a branch of webuyanywreck.com ;-) They have taken in a Volvo V50 estate ..Reg No M80FAT....made me smile.
The Frying Scotsman

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
Thought this was a bike forum!

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99