Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Help Repairing My Beloved FZS

<< < (2/6) > >>

Zark:
ebay is terrific for small numbers of various fasteners.
search 'allen bolts,' and measure the length of one you've taken out. Similarly for the fairing fasteners - most stuff will be M4 or M6 thread.

While it's gutting - just think of it as an opportunity to refresh some stuff!

[/size][size=78%] [/size]

agricola:

--- Quote from: Middy2000 on 22 January 2020, 11:49:28 am ---I can't pal, I feel I owe her it to put everything back as it was.  She was absolutely mint. 

I'm even being anal about the alternator cover as I can buy a brand new one but it's not branded Yamaha.  Hence I'm prepared to refurb one.

My only issue is I can't presently remove the remainder of the cover from the stator.  Seems to be held on with 3 bolts.  One of which the head is knackered.  Have to use some creativity in removing that.
I'm now stressing about finding a replacement allen bolt for that. 

I think all things considered it'll cost around £400 to put right.  An expensive incident but small fry compared to others misfortune and I came out completely unscathed personally.

--- End quote ---

Allen screws can sometimes be removed by tapping a torx bit into the socket, and using that to screw the screw out. You want the size thats cuts into the sides of the socket as you tap it in

Middy2000:
Thanks for that.  Like I say I'm confident it'll come out.  I'd not really made a decent attempt at it before posting this as I'm still at the trauma stage everytime I go in the garage.

The main focus is whether the nose fairings from Ebay are any good.  That's the bulk of the cost to repair what with the spraying. 

His Dudeness:
I'd go for good used parts off ebay but you can get genuine parts here https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/

Middy2000:
Bolt removed from stator and the broken casing is now in the bin.

I've left the stator connected and just hanging loose.  The bike no longer starts.  Is there some form of ignition pick up within the stator that might prevent this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version