Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:58 pm

Author Topic: FZS600 first bike - advice?  (Read 6490 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: FZS600 first bike - advice?
« Reply #50 on: 17 December 2023, 10:19:41 am »
Adding to his question abot the exhaust pipes.
The dealer sent me pictures of it, looks a bit rusty, but does it need immediate replacement?

Exhaust pipe
Exhaust pipe

The first picture looked fine.

Exhaust pipe
Exhaust pipe
They will probably have some pinholes in that will get bigger. I am still on the OEM steel pipes on my 25 year old Fazer but (read my sig )
I have got away so far with filling the small holes that I have with high temp 2 part putty stuff. Its further underneath on that picture where it pits the worse.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 17 December 2023, 10:23:37 am »
Here you are read here and you will see exactly where i mean so that the picture you have will not show it. https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,22250.msg257939.html#msg257939But for me it has been fixable. The last thing i used was JB Weld High Heat and that has been the best thing for staying on.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2023, 10:26:52 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

returning rider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 December 2023, 01:07:34 pm »
Well this made me go check mine its definitely not oem then, no balance or link pipes between the headers and no nut flanges, goes 4-2-1  and once i cut through the grime its stainless, need to scrub at the welds to check them as its thick in decades of crud.
so far looks solid

looking at the pictures if no welder available, try braze or solder, can use a map gas torch.

for a small areas like that other idea might be gun gum or the like and put a plate across the whole area, fill it with gun gum and either wire it up or use belly bands like very long hose clips to pull it all together.