Date: 17-05-24  Time: 19:47 pm

Author Topic: Recommend me a bike.  (Read 54117 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me a bike.
« Reply #50 on: 23 March 2014, 08:56:37 pm »
Haha funny that you're looking at the MT-01, that is definitely one of my bucketlist bikes. Absolute truck of a machine. Out of all that has been said though, I personally would have the KTM 990SM all day. That has been one of if not my all time dream bike for as long as it came out and I was interested in bikes. I have seen and sat on one in the flesh, absolutely amazing. Stonking V twin, bags of charachter and torque up to 100mph. Looks badass in my opinion. MT-01 is much much heavier, as such will not be as fun to handle. Down in the southwest where I am, the roads are garbage so the SM suspension would make great sense where the MT-01 would struggle. KTM may have had reliability issues way back but nowadays nothing to worry about. With some light mods you can wheelie them all day long, dont see why it wouldn't tour either there is a tourer version but it looks a bit naff. Either of those choices are class though. I also like the XJR1300, ZRX 1200 and GSX 1400 too but would rather have the KTM. It definitely matches all of your criteria.

Wondered when you'd pop up yamazer

We are clearly as confused as each other :b

Great minds think alike....even if we arent using joined up thinking ;)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23 March 2014, 11:29:47 pm »
I honestly think that a lot of the super nekkids are just too fast now ( for a naked bike) there's a balance. Have you tried a street triple 675 mate? You will be amazed at that engine. The figures just don't tell a good e nough story, you gotta ride it, it's just one of the best bike engines ever . And I'm still thinking an fz1 would tick all the boxes for you, shame you ain't closer you could try mine

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23 March 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
I honestly think that a lot of the super nekkids are just too fast now ( for a naked bike) there's a balance. Have you tried a street triple 675 mate? You will be amazed at that engine. The figures just don't tell a good e nough story, you gotta ride it, it's just one of the best bike engines ever . And I'm still thinking an fz1 would tick all the boxes for you, shame you ain't closer you could try mine

Cheers ogri....... I would like to stay in the fazer fold...but trying not to let that cloud my judgement.....but i hope the bike fits nicely....they seem to rev similar to my 600 but handle very nicely.....it will be nice to sample some quality suspension.

I want to try the street triple...speed triple is out of budget...street triple i could afford......they sound amazing....steevie reckons it could be a little squashed.....& he has a fz1......which leads me to believe that the fz1 wont be squashed.........but i wanna try one of those triples just for the crack...been watching some loony ozzy on one who drag races it....the induction noise sounds very addictive..............question for you........would you swap your fz1 right now for a street triple...if not then why please?
« Last Edit: 23 March 2014, 11:53:30 pm by noggythenog »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24 March 2014, 08:35:45 am »
The street triple is the only bike that has the potential to prise my fazer from out under me. But unlike you I don't do long runs - mostly under 100miles and more often than not will be under 50. I am 5'8 and 10 stone, and think the fazer thou is just too big for me and dont think I can get anything extra from it than I get from my 600, I dont care about straight lines, its wrestling the 1000 around the corners is where I think I am better off on the 600, noggy on the otherhand has a slightly fuller frame  ;)  than me and the  1000 may "fit" you better
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 08:39:32 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24 March 2014, 08:47:30 am »
I'm sure the Street Triple is a blinding bike. All the reviews say so and people that have tried them on here also reckon the same. I reckon it will be too small for you though Noggy. Someone at work has just bought one and there's nothing to it. Its a spindly looking thing with very little road presence. I don't know if Triumph have done something radical to the styling but when these first came out I thought they looked really good but the one at work is brand new and its put me off them. Besides, I don't think a second hand Speed Triple would be any dearer and it has way better road presence. The Street Triple seems overpriced to me.
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24 March 2014, 12:43:10 pm »
For what it's worth, I'm 6'1", 15 stone and I had a quick blast on a Street Triple a few days ago. While I loved every minute of it (that engine sounds great), it's just too small a bike for me. My legs get cramped enough on my 600 after an hour so God knows what I'd be like on the triumph for that time.
Shame really, as my 600 was never gonna be a keeper, I was always looking to buy something brand new in a year or two, and I had it down to either a Triple or an MT-09. The MT-09 is definitely the second best but I know I fit that a lot better.  :\
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24 March 2014, 01:20:23 pm »
Mr self destruct are you saying the street isa more cramped seating/ foot rest position than our 600s
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24 March 2014, 01:24:32 pm »
Mr self destruct are you saying the street isa more cramped seating/ foot rest position than our 600s

That's what it felt like to me yeah. It could have been all in my head due to the lack of a fairing making me lean into the wind more, but I got the impression I was leaning more forwards, with my elbows out, and my feet tucked up behind me. Has anyone else found this?

EDIT: I do have pretty long legs though.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 01:26:52 pm by mr self destruct »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24 March 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
No, I wouldn't swap my. Fz1 mate, street triples good but not roomy enough for me. In fact there's not a bike I can think of I'd swap my fz1 for, what does that tell you ;)

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24 March 2014, 02:11:48 pm »
No, I wouldn't swap my. Fz1 mate, street triples good but not roomy enough for me. In fact there's not a bike I can think of I'd swap my fz1 for, what does that tell you ;)

Tells me I should look at the finance deals on an FZ1 instead.  :D

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 24 March 2014, 02:42:07 pm »
Cheap to tune mate too. Airbox mod and decat ( free and very easy to do) pc3 and end can secondhand off e bay, ivans fce and bigger screen second hand from here off one of the good ol boys and you've got one of the best bikes ever built IMHO.
No Exupnut woes either, once the cans gone the valve ( which looks to me more like noise regs aid than a proper Exupnut anyway) is gone too. Not the best looking bike in the world. Not the most fashionable or desirable. But by Christ it does what it says on the tin..
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 02:48:41 pm by ogri48 »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 March 2014, 08:53:55 pm »

Nice pic Ogri.....i cant deny...that's a nice looking bike 8)

I've been having some fun today......using one of those bike ergonomics sites....pretty funny.......theres so many tools out there & i know nothing can beat a real test ride.

But anyway you type in your height & inside leg & then choose a bike & it shows you on it...you can pick different riding or stationary positions (no sexual positions though :b )......you can even then add mods such as raising the seat height or changing the pegs.

So i went through a whole load of bikes i like & i chose the middle of the seat option & 90 degrees bend in the arms.

& then here comes the interesting part.....i gave them all to my missus & asked her to write down comments, the first thing that popped into her head.

Thought it would be interesting to get[size=78%] an unbiased and totally innocent outlook from an outsider as we all suffer a little bit from what we know........but my missus knows nothing about bikes...she doesn't even have a car driving licence & she hasn't even been on the back of a bike.....so she doesn't know which ones are supposed to be better or are more fashionable...which is quite obvious from her comments.[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Ok so I'm just having a bit of fun now but the results are pretty funny.[/size] :)
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]If anyone fancies a look on the site the site is       [/size][/size]http://cycle-ergo.com     Not sure why that pasted in a non clickable link though.[size=78%]

[/size]I'm now gonna post up all the pics with the comments....just for the crack......i find it amusing.[size=78%]

[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%] [/size]

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24 March 2014, 09:03:27 pm »

Ok, lets start with yamaha.

Her comments.........absolutely ridiculous.....may as well be peddling yourself......rod up your back......surely not good with corners as not as one with the bike.

My comments...Yamaha's offering on the supermoto front.......couldn't see myself doing 300 miles on one of these.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24 March 2014, 09:08:51 pm »
Ooooh....a fazer 8)

Not a scathing short review......but not exactly exciting...seating position  looks quite good....but not much more different to my 600 & id ideally like more leg room.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 09:14:57 pm by noggythenog »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 24 March 2014, 09:13:20 pm »

Hey it really is me!...the tool didnt have an add more belly option.

& what does she devil think she is talking about...purely bollocks! :lol

I would say that the bike feels a little small for me.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 March 2014, 09:18:44 pm »
Weeey....the wild card.

She's not far off the mark here really is she....it does look comfy......but it wont do welsh tight twisties how i want to take them.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 24 March 2014, 09:21:51 pm »

Sorry MT09 lovers :b

Ha ha...such scourn...does she not realise the hype at present...mo she doesnt.

I did think it looked small...yes it is tall...but generally tiny.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24 March 2014, 09:25:43 pm »

I do like the TRX...real world power...good handling...twin sounds....unique...exotic

But they are just a bit old :(
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 09:26:24 pm by noggythenog »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 24 March 2014, 09:31:22 pm »
Here we go...the gen 2 8)

Well....theres guys taller than me on here that say it is nice....i cant dispute it....but it does look slightly petite...just the styling i think.

Im having it as a contender.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 24 March 2014, 09:35:56 pm »

& the mighty one......hang on......only 2 words on the comments.....wtf!!!!

She's not getting me any friends is she :lol

I think it looks good.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 25 March 2014, 11:39:52 am »
Streetfighter 848?
http://www.ducatiuk.com/bikes/streetfighter/848/index.do

Looks high, looks mental.  May dissolve in the rain (may not).  Looks mental, looks expensive.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 25 March 2014, 01:57:43 pm »
That's interesting - I don't think I've seen a Streetfighter 848 before. Saw a standard one on Saturday, looked quite nice and it had the Termignoni exhausts but it really wasn't anywhere near as loud as I expected it to be :\

Edit: Ok, I'm going insane and apparently I'm getting confused between the 848 and 899
« Last Edit: 25 March 2014, 02:00:55 pm by Dead Eye »

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 25 March 2014, 07:59:01 pm »
has anyone recommended a super blackbird?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 25 March 2014, 08:25:33 pm »

.............think i might have a bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 25 March 2014, 08:27:19 pm »
Uh-oh, have you gone and done it already? Is it red perchance? (now holds breath.........).