Date: 28-04-24  Time: 19:37 pm

Author Topic: after a new exhaust? have a read here first  (Read 6416 times)

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: after a new exhaust? have a read here first
« Reply #25 on: 07 February 2017, 06:55:00 pm »
and another

Hi Toady,
Has you can been hitting the outside top edge of the swinging arm? Scuff marks on it.

No mate. That was the previous can doing that. These can are very small and have no clearance issues
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 February 2017, 06:57:26 pm »
I was wondering how this can has fared in the past 7 months and the winter?

i'm pleased to say that it still looks as if it was only put on yesterday, the finish cleans up really well and the bike is left uncovered outside and ridden daily. the wadding hasn't deteriorated and the exhaust hasn't gotten any louder over time and the rivets are still all secure. to say i'm chuffed with it is an understatement, i'll definitely look at getting another for future bikes. I put an mot on the fazer a couple of months back and inserted the DB killer as i wasn't sure if it was too loud without and it flew through the MOT. best 40 quid spent in my opinion, as long as i can get these i'll keep on using them as if you drop the bike on the right hand side the first thing to hit the floor could be £200 plus of exhaust, if old Betsy hit the floor and the can took the brunt i think i can live with 40 quid rather than my tank or something else take a hammering.   ;)

Nice one, I think i will get one this month. Only thing is i don't have a grinder, will I still be able to get a clip on the end of it and the link pipe?

No mate. You'll  need to remove the clips either with a grinder file or hacksaw
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

sc0ttie

• Weekend Warrior
  • returned to bikes in 2015 after a 10 year break
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 April 2017, 04:49:29 pm »
Its been quite a while but I fitted the stainless steel version. I need to get a new clamp for the connection between the down pipes and the link pipe as the connector I have seems to be slightly too big and had to use some folded up foil as temp padding. I have ordered the clamp on ebay so should have it by saturday.

Video with sound.

http://youtu.be/HdGDggLtddM
« Last Edit: 27 April 2017, 04:58:39 pm by sc0ttie »