Date: 20-04-24  Time: 01:30 am

Author Topic: DuPont Kevlar jeans  (Read 5974 times)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
DuPont Kevlar jeans
« on: 08 May 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
I've been looking at something a bit cooler for summer that will still give some protection most Kevlar jeans seems to be £90+ but some on Ebay seem ok but are cheaper? Has anyone bought any or have any advice good or bad. I've tried to add a link to Ebay....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120917069844?var=420078702499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Cheers
Andy

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: DuPont Kevlar jeans
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2013, 08:34:29 pm »
imho - you cant beat trying them on m8. i seem to be a "varying" size dependant on the manufacturer (ranging from "Fat Bastard" size to sometimes, "Not so Fat Bastard")

better to nick into a shop and try them to get the right fit

J&S seel similar for £79.99 : http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/clothing/denim-jeans/red004-street-denim-jean-black.html
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

elbrownos

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2013, 08:40:21 pm »
Mine were £30 from Aldi and are fine.
I only wear them occasionally though.

risticuss

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2013, 09:02:36 pm »
Just a thought, but you could try these,

http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-ventilator-iii-jean

I have the full suit and ride all year. They have 3 layers and with the two inner ones removed let enough airflow through for warm days, but with the waterproof and padded layers in are warm enough for winter riding in all but the very coldest of days.I was out riding on Monday night at about 9ish in just the outer layer. And they come with knee and hip armour.

They are a bit of a sportier fit than most and I got mine when I was riding a cbr600f but they fit the riding position of me fazer really well too.

Just an extra opinion to throw into the mix  ;)

Simon

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2013, 09:20:35 pm »
Andy,

I design and manufacture DuPont Kevlar jeans and have done for years. I would not recommend these cheap jeans made in China. There is no quality control or copyright in China (its about volume, not quality), so although the jeans say DuPont Kevlar, they are most likely not authorised, like the fake electronic goods that flooded the market 5 years ago. Ensure the Kevlar comes from an authorised manufacturer. The quality of the stitching is also very important. Another issue that consumers overlook in this market. Then you consider the fit, fabric of the jeans and the look. Armour is optional, but make sure the jeans can accomodate. Hope this helps  ;)

www.roadrashjeans.com
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2013, 09:42:17 pm »
Adee, good point about quality, where are yours made? the ones that are one ebay are being sold by Mr Shahid from a terrace house in Manchester or that's his address registered with ebay, the only way you'll know how good or bad they are is after you've binned it.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
Andy,

I design and manufacture DuPont Kevlar jeans and have done for years.
Mates rates??? :D:D:D:D:D:D::)
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2013, 09:58:13 pm »
Some good comments thanks, I thought they seemed cheap but being a Yorkshire man I don't like to spend more than  I have to. Ultimately though I hate to waste money even more. :)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2013, 10:04:48 pm »
Adee I've just looked at your site and I'm 4'' to short for them to fit me :lol  but once payday comes I may look again.
Cheers
Andy

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2013, 10:07:45 pm »
If you get them with armour in make sure they are located correctly when in riding position. I find mine are unlike my textile that stay put but move around a little more to the point I is considering strap ons. The misses may lake that a little to much  :o :lol

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2013, 10:16:28 pm »
Andy,

I design and manufacture DuPont Kevlar jeans and have done for years. I would not recommend these cheap jeans made in China. There is no quality control or copyright in China (its about volume, not quality), so although the jeans say DuPont Kevlar, they are most likely not authorised, like the fake electronic goods that flooded the market 5 years ago. Ensure the Kevlar comes from an authorised manufacturer. The quality of the stitching is also very important. Another issue that consumers overlook in this market. Then you consider the fit, fabric of the jeans and the look. Armour is optional, but make sure the jeans can accomodate. Hope this helps  ;)

www.roadrashjeans.com

I like the look of the Roadrash Heavy Kevlar Just Black Cargo are you doing these in the future? The slide show was graet with the fazer but the nut shot took me by supprise

Daz

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2013, 11:05:40 pm »
Just looked on the website and I like the look of them, the legs ain't long enough for me though, I'm a 36" inseam :-[

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2013, 11:15:09 pm »
Just looked on the website and I like the look of them, the legs ain't long enough for me though, I'm a 36" inseam :-[

Stevierst do you have to get gear specially made for ya and if so where do you go?

Daz

Stooby2

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - XJ900 Diversion 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2013, 12:35:14 am »
I have Hood jeans - http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/ - and having seen quite a few different makes at bike shows etc I think these are about the best quality around.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2013, 08:43:54 am »
Stevierst do you have to get gear specially made for ya and if so where do you go?

Daz
The only pair of bike trousers I've bought that actually fit my legs are my Aerostitch pants. I tend to but American brands in jeans, as they're the only ones that do giraffe leg length with slim waist. (cowboy jeans apparently???)

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2013, 08:59:57 am »
I'm with risticuss on this one. If you haven't tried a good quality textile suit i suggest you give one a try. After 20+ years of biking (always in leathers) i recently took the plunge and bought a set of 'Dainese' textiles. They are warm, comfortable, stylish and well made and suit the Fazers riding position well. Removeable linings keep things a bit cooler too (if the weather ever warms up). As with all bike kit i read the independant reviews and buy the best i can afford. The RST suit in the link posted by risticuss looks pretty good IMO.
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 May 2013, 01:51:17 pm »
Stick with the leathers and buy a set of proskins, they make leathers so much mote comfortable in hot weather and you get to keep the protection leather offers!
Also a textile jacket ( I have a joe rocket one) that has all the padding inside but is made like a teabag is just as comfortable as only wearing a tshirt but again with the protection!
Some say...

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2013, 04:30:13 pm »
I did offer a discount to foccers at the start of the year. Only one member took advantage. The stock I have is from last year, which was very quiet. So, I am selling it of at discounted prices. I can not discount it further, although I will ship within the UK for free to members. Jeans can be altered to shorten leg lenth without affecting the structure of the jeans. A 32 leg could be made a 30 no problem by your local alterations shop. If anyone is interested, PM me for details.

www.roadrashjeans.com
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...