Author Topic: FZ8  (Read 6128 times)

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
FZ8
« on: 12 January 2013, 06:12:17 pm »
Does anyone actually own a fz8 because looking at the post`s there`s nothing going on,never been on a forum so slow :wall

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: FZ8
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2013, 07:18:06 am »
Yep, have had a blue one bought from Robinsons Rochdale 30th October 2012. Couldn't ride it for a month frustratingly, as I had a chest infection and was too wobbly, made up for it since now almost done 2,000 miles, got through the pain barrier of running it in.
[/size][/color]Bearing in mind I have enjoyed 2 x 5PW R1's over the last 10 years along with a Gen 1 Fazer 1000, I am impressed! Briefly owned a Gen 2 Fazer 1000 which I hated as it was so thirsty and had a small tank range as a result. Shed no tears when it destroyed itself on M20 which allowed me to buy Fazer 8.[/font]
[/size][/color]Once I got used to the gearing and learn't to trust the tyres absolutely love it. Came with Acropovic and I had fitted R&G hugger, crash bungs and fender extender, having heated grips on today just in time as Friday & yesterday was chilly! Also has a dual feed Scottoiler, essential with the mileage I do.[/font]
[/size][/color]In a way bit like the R6 quite buzzy and learning to change up before the limiter cuts in, rarely had the problem on the R1 lol[/font]
[/size][/color]Lighter than the Gen 1 Fazer, which is the only reason I sold it, as at 5'6" and 9 stone struggled occasionally, especially getting it upright off side stand if camber was a bit steep. Couldn't consider trying to put it on centre stand, Fazer 8 doesn't have one, though this can be fitted.[/font]
[/size][/color]Really enjoying the bike and can't wait for better weather so I don't have to be Michelin lady.[/font]
[/size][/color]Hope this helps[/font] :) :lol
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2013, 08:35:06 am »
Ah finnaly there is life in the fz8 section :)

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2013, 06:10:18 pm »
I've had the fazer 8 for about 6 weeks. I love it. Previously had 1 Fazer 6 2003 foxeye and 2 Gen 1 1000's. The Fazer 8 really suits me well now, and I wish there was more activity on this part of the forum. It's like a ghost town here  :( .  Still the bikes only been around 2 years so maybe as time goes by more people will be dropping in. Like any forum I guess you get out what you put in, so lets hope it gets a bit busier as time goes bye. :)
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2013, 07:35:32 pm »
I think its quiet as there arent many owners. 

I haven't used my bike since the weather got colder, maybe since early November. I haven't done anything else too it recently either. I've modified it as much as I need to so dont need to ask anything.

Currently planning my weekends/holidays away to bike meetings when they finally firm up the calendars. They have move a few around recently, but looks like I'll be doing

7 April Brands Hatch

14 April Thruxton 

28 April – Assen, Netherlands

6 May Oulton Park 

26 May – Donington

7 July Snetterton 300 

21 July Brands Hatch   

4 Aug – Silverstone

1 September – Nurburgring, Germany - followed by a 3 week tour to Romania/Croatia/Hungary

6 October – Magny Cours, France

20 October Brands Hatch 

fazercol

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2013, 07:42:12 pm »
Had mine since last year love it but i spend my time riding it not posting on a internet forum. :evil

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2013, 09:02:32 am »
Had mine since last year love it but i spend my time riding it not posting on a internet forum. :evil
Fortunately I am able to do both as I am "retired" but will be looking after my grandsons 3 days a week next month which will cramp my stile a bit :\
[/size][/color]However still leaves 4 days for riding, so planning to make the most of it :lol [/font]
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2013, 07:48:27 pm »
Hi

We are all here. Fear not. I had heard that there was a London meet up planned?

This has been the first week for ages I have been off the bike, hate the snow and ice, it's the only conditions that keep me off the roads.

Even braved the NEC from Harlow in December for the bike show in -2 conditions and freezing fog. Have invested in some Gerbing heated gloves which have made winter riding a real doddle.

We are a elite bunch never see other FZ8's on the road either.  Lots of FZS600's which I had previously but no 800's.

Safe riding

Simon

fazercol

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2013, 11:35:07 pm »
Fortunately I am able to do both as I am "retired" but will be looking after my grandsons 3 days a week next month which will cramp my stile a bit :\
However still leaves 4 days for riding, so planning to make the most of it :lol
And posting on another site we both belong to. :thumbup

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2013, 03:57:18 pm »
Noticed that many of you have chosen 'Other' as your main bike. If that's you please note that a new option is available: Fazer8. Please select this option instead :)

Hopefully one night this week, when the site is empty, I'll reorder the options so the two eights are together :thumbup

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2013, 05:30:27 pm »
Noticed that many of you have chosen 'Other' as your main bike. If that's you please note that a new option is available: Fazer8. Please select this option instead :)

Just done it ......Simples

Nice to have the option now, thanks  :D
« Last Edit: 17 February 2013, 05:32:53 pm by sure2ride »
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2013, 05:53:01 pm »
I have a white one :)

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2013, 04:30:46 pm »
Hi Black8 and everyone,  been busy riding my fazer8 as well. Had it about 8 weeks and have just reached 1004 miles on the clock. I still have a Honda CBF 1000 in the garage (the wife keeps asking when I'm getting rid of it... :rolleyes ). I did 238 miles on the fazer yesterday. Renfrew to Pitlochry and back, 3 times over the Dukes Pass at Aberfoyle. If you want to practice your slow 2nd and 3rd gear cornering for 5 miles then this is the place to go.
The fazer is a fun bike compared to the CBF good as it is.  A nice blue one and I often stand back and admire it as do a lot of passer-bys. Very happy with my purchase. I still have to get something done about the hard seat (as well as sliding into the tank all the time) and looking at getting some hard luggage...top box possibly but not the yamaha one as you have to mess about with the bodywork.