Date: 19-04-24  Time: 13:01 pm

Author Topic: So have yamaha sold any 8's ?  (Read 18453 times)

ChrisJH

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: So have yamaha sold any 8's ?
« Reply #25 on: 11 February 2012, 07:40:53 am »
cracking write up
i don`t have anything profound or funny to write so .............................

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2012, 08:37:17 am »
AAAAAGH!! Ive just put a deposit on mine, pick it up 1st March as well!! :lol

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 February 2012, 11:52:43 am »
thats great teapaz!

So what made you go for the 8 opposed to the FZ1, if you did indeed consider both, or maybe you were comparing against another make?

teapaz

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 February 2012, 09:39:03 pm »
TBH the deciding factor was the finance deal!! Managed to get 0% over 4 years with £500 deposit plus I work for my local Yamaha dealer on Saturdays during the summer they gave me a great deal. I've had one new honda but this will be my sixth Yamaha so I have a great relationship with the dealer.  :D :D :D :D

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 March 2012, 08:13:38 pm »
Finally took the plunge and changed my FZS600 for a fazer8 last week. Facing another major service and a new set of tyres made my mind up. Had tried the terrible diversion F. Found a mint Fazer8 in white at a local trusted dealers back room for £5999 (gold rims - bling). Have to say first impression of the new bike is how friendly it is to a newer rider (only four years) quite docile in traffic. You don't feel that its another 25kgs on the FZS600. I ride 365 (except snow) and needed something that was safe in bad weather for my commute.

Kick down to third on overtake and 40 - 100 is much faster than the FZS. One of the things that attracted me was that you don't see many of them around. Caught a rat-bike rider admiring it on return to a carpark this week as well lol.

The only downside seems to be tank size but pass four petrol stations on the way to work. :)

Simon

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 22 March 2012, 08:21:37 pm »
I'm curious Simon what mileage are you getting per tank and whats the capacity on the 8?

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 March 2012, 10:51:16 pm »
Gingernuts

I am still measuring the tank - I was so bowled over by the ride for the first two tankfulls I wasn't thinking with my head! I reckon around 150 but have set the milo this tank. Certainly not as much as my old FZS which could do 220 without going dry.

Will let you know.

Heres the old and new

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 March 2012, 08:37:56 am »
Looks nice, I like the white with gold wheels :thumbup

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 April 2012, 03:25:33 pm »
nice bike dadlegend
i also have a fazer 8, picked mine up 3 weeks ago, was pre reg from dealer, 2010 with only 1 mile on clock, came with tail tidy and akropoli exhaust fitted, have since purchased rear seat cover replacment, mine is in viper blue, my only gripe was the dipped headlights, the dealer has sorted that for me, they have wired in the other side now so when riding around i have both dipped headlights on instead of one side, and as they do MOT,s there, they cant fail me for it as i can say well you wired it in lol.
enjoy your bike as i enjoy mine!  :lol
Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 April 2012, 09:26:30 pm »

Thanks, myfazer8, beginning to think these bikes are rare. Haven't seen another since I bought mine about a month ago. Looked on howmanyleft and it says only 164 in the Country lol. Mind you I only ride it weekdays soo many plonkers on the roads here at the weekend. Don't fancy getting knocked off by a sorrydidntseeyou person. I only started biking about five years ago aged 40! Had always wanted to try it.

Average about 7,000 miles a year. Was sorry to see the fzs go but she had got to 30,000 miles and showing her age a bit.

Pleased with mine - I am not the knee down type but find its as flickable as the old one.

you?

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 April 2012, 07:29:25 am »
my only comment is similar to any new bike these days...you can pick up a very good second hand bike for so much less cash ...you really have to want a new bike for the initial price and subsequent price depreciation.
When you can pick up a really nice low miler  FZ-1 for around £5k...why buy new ?

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 April 2012, 07:45:02 am »
I think thats exactly why the fazer8 isn't selling as its just over-priced new. I think in a few years people will think its a good bike, well made. I considered the FZ1 but a friend has one and considers it a blast but wishes he had a FZS600 again. I may rue getting rid of my FZS but I still consider myself a novice even after five years. Maybe next bike  :)  will be a FZ1 (or an R1 haha)

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2012, 08:08:21 pm »
A friend of mine just bought a Fazer8. Its an ex demo, but only had 900 miles on the clock.   £6,500 with 3 years interest free credit.

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 April 2012, 11:30:53 pm »
I'm curious Simon what mileage are you getting per tank and whats the capacity on the 8?

right bad news is last bar on gauge starts blinking at 130 miles. Good news is that when i filled it up again i only got in 12.2 litres.

This means two things (i) gauge maybe not set right and (ii) getting 48 miles to the gallon.

Simon
« Last Edit: 13 April 2012, 11:32:20 pm by dadlegend »

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 April 2012, 08:18:33 am »
Hi Dadlegend
mines the same about 130 miles before last bar shows and i only had to put in 12.5ltrs to fill it back up again, that means there are still 5ltrs i the tank, as the fazer 8 is supposed to have a 17.5ltr tank, so at least you know there is no rush to fill up again when you get to last bar lol, i recon you should get around 160 - 170 miles on a full tank
steve
Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14 April 2012, 10:15:39 pm »
Putting it on the centre stand and filling it to the brim is 14 litres when I filled it just after the last bar started blinking, leaving 3l reserve. Today going up and back from Thruxton via all A/B roads it managed 50.2mpg. With a bit more effort I could get that down a bit  :)
 Last weekend coming back from Brands/B&B which was motorway/dual carraigeway at 80mph it did 55.7mpg.   
So on mine the bar starts blinking between 150-170 or thereabouts.

dadlegend

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 April 2012, 10:57:53 pm »
I did wonder if the gauge was showing right but better still 4 litres left in the tank!

Brands looked cold Phil, was thinking of going to Snetterton. I think Oulton Parks too far for me. Ventured as far as Assen for WSB last year - 440 miles each way in a day on a FZS600 - worth the trip thou.

Simon

FazerPete

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 May 2012, 03:21:54 pm »
One more.  So far so good. 

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard