Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:38 pm

Author Topic: Phone/satnav bracket/holder for front screen  (Read 1082 times)

kevinuk1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Phone/satnav bracket/holder for front screen
« on: 30 August 2021, 07:38:38 pm »
Ive a S2 and want to attach/screw a phone/satnav holder to the screen rather than the handle bar. Has anyone got any ideas ?? I'd rather have it more in front of me above the clocks so trying to find a bracket/holder I could adapt.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2021, 07:39:15 pm by kevinuk1 »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: Phone/satnav bracket/holder for front screen
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2021, 11:25:13 am »
I have had the same idea, and I bought the following adapter (see attached) but I cant remember or find where I bought it from. But found something similar on ultimateaddons.co.uk -
I never got around to fitting mine because there isn't a flat enough surface on the inside of the screen on my then FZS1000, or now my FZ1 or GSf1250. That and the mount in the attached images dosent stick out far enough away from the screen to have the phone in a vertical position. But here are 2 issue with that -
  • I need a different mount that has a bigger gap from the mount point to the phone
  • Polycarbonate can be drilled but has to be done carefully so as not to crack it, you could I think melt holes with a soldering iron and trim away excess around the holes. But I don't know what if any stress's it would set up in the polycarbonate material.
Alternative option would be to modify an existing cockpit mount for another bike to fit the FZS -

« Last Edit: 31 August 2021, 11:27:04 am by b1k3rdude »

kevinuk1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2021, 05:27:02 pm »

Many thanks for info, I think its supplied by Ultimateaddons.com

Cheers

I have had the same idea, and I bought the following adapter (see attached) but I cant remember or find where I bought it from. But found something similar on ultimateaddons.co.uk -
I never got around to fitting mine because there isn't a flat enough surface on the inside of the screen on my then FZS1000, or now my FZ1 or GSf1250. That and the mount in the attached images dosent stick out far enough away from the screen to have the phone in a vertical position. But here are 2 issue with that -
  • I need a different mount that has a bigger gap from the mount point to the phone
  • Polycarbonate can be drilled but has to be done carefully so as not to crack it, you could I think melt holes with a soldering iron and trim away excess around the holes. But I don't know what if any stress's it would set up in the polycarbonate material.
Alternative option would be to modify an existing cockpit mount for another bike to fit the FZS -

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2021, 11:54:21 am »
Maybe once upon a time, but cant see it listed anywhere on thier website.