Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:22 am

Author Topic: Overcharging  (Read 857 times)

y82ugp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Overcharging
« on: 22 July 2021, 08:36:29 pm »
Hi folks been awhile since I last posted the rebuild on my Wee fazer, but with work and  life getting in the way the bike has been sitting for a couple of years and the cam chain starting to make noises, but on to the matter in hand, tried to start it today started OK running a wee bit lumpy, then noticed the neutral light getting brighter and then smoke started coming out off the back off the clocks and then dead, nothing! no lights, no ignition, any ideas what damage has been done?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Overcharging
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2021, 09:57:49 pm »
by the sounds of it, lots.

possibly cooked clocks and ECU along with the rectifier and possibly the stator coils. If you are lucky the battery may be OK.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2021, 10:59:00 pm »
Sounds like a short, somewhere.   Due to the time it's been sitting and possibly where, you may have had the little fury buggers pay it a visit.  They can cause just this sort of damage, they love chewing wires  :evil
Later

TOM VR46

• DAS Born Again
  • NEW TO FAZER FORUM
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2021, 08:26:01 pm »
Hi , maybe you have this sorted but id go for main fuse first.  But also disconnect those clock before trying anything. And then check out ignition , hoping its still ok. As you wont have neutral light to go by when ignition is on, just press horn or lights on. Just a pain tracing were and were not you have got power to.