General > General

FAQ: ULEZ charge and how it effects you!

<< < (2/25) > >>

fazersharp:

--- Quote from: slappy on 14 May 2018, 08:52:24 am ---and to put the poor and working class back on the bus where they belong

--- End quote ---
Have you been on a bus recently - or at least out here in middle earth you have to be rich to use a bus

b1k3rdude:

--- Quote from: fazersharp on 14 May 2018, 12:00:35 pm ---Have you been on a bus recently - or at least out here in middle earth you have to be rich to use a bus
--- End quote ---
That the irony of it all, a bike is and has been cheaper the public transport for a very long time now. I live in Hertfordshire and London at peak times is horrendously expensive @ £25 for 1 day travel card (the return ticket being no better),where as £25 gets me just over two days travel on the bike. And the cost effectiveness of the bike gets even better when used for local journey's.

steve 10562cc:
What would happen if everyone stopped using their own transport for a week and relied on public transport to work, and nobody bought fuel for vehicles that week. The country would come to a grinding halt, and the treasury would loose millions in fuel tax, vat, and rip off congestion/emission charges. I know it wont happen but perhaps those in power would be more careful when dreaming up schemes to rip drivers off if it did.

YamFazFan:

--- Quote from: steve 10562cc on 14 May 2018, 04:10:57 pm ---What would happen if everyone stopped using their own transport for a week and relied on public transport to work, and nobody bought fuel for vehicles that week. The country would come to a grinding halt

--- End quote ---

That actually happened about 20 years ago didn't it when there was those blockades of the refinery's.

It was a bit like Mad Max 2 with everyone searching for the fuel, the precious fuel!.

steve 10562cc:
For anything like that to work all drivers would have to join in no private cars, 4x4s so no one would have a need to buy fuel Left bikes out, as there would be no SMDSY no D**K heads in 4X4S, Audis, BMWs, Mercs  or any other cage so it would be safer for us to ride. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version