Date: 20-04-24  Time: 06:40 am

Author Topic: 2004 FZS 1000 Fazer For Sale  (Read 1015 times)

MarkW

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
2004 FZS 1000 Fazer For Sale
« on: 07 August 2017, 07:21:52 pm »

£3500

Please message me for details, just typed a nice detailed advert out and it's disappeared on me!

MarkW

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 FZS 1000 Fazer For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2017, 07:27:01 pm »

After just under a year I have decided to sell my Fazer, though part of me thinks I'll regret it...  but I fancy an adventure bike so here goes

The bike was a category D write off in 2010, minor cosmetic damage to one side after a slow speed fall. The bike was purchased off the insurers by the previous owner to me, an engineer from Glasgow, who decided to use the bike as a project and spent a lot of time and money upgrading her with the various bits listed below.

The bike does not come with any service history which I know will put some people off so just thought I'd add this at the top to save you reading on if that's a deal breaker for you.

I have a number of receipts from previous and current ownership, including a receipt from Maxton for just under £1000 for the suspension work carried out, and receipts for £800 ish for the new chain and sprockets, new tyres and new front discs and pads that I have purchased this last year.

Upgrades:

YZF R1 4XV Forks. These were sent to Maxton to be rebuilt, re-valved and re-sprung to suit the weight of the Fazer and for sports riding.

CNC Billet 'Thug' yolks made by Billet Brain (Martin CNC) to allow fitment of the USD forks and to maintain the geometry with the shorted R1 fork legs.

New taper bearings

Maxton fully adjustable rear shock absorber.

Shorted dog bones

Fazer radiator guard

New EBC Contour discs and pads

New DID chain and sprockets fitted (530 VX-116 Chain)

Front and rear tyres replaced around 1500 miles ago (Bridgestone BT016)

Viper rear petal disc

Venhill braided lines

Mini indicators

New Exup valve, bushes and end plate

Rental bars

New infill panels

Shorty levers

Ivan's carb kit fitted

Ivan's AIS removal kit also fitted

60mm bore can and link pipe

Belly pan, under tray and tail tidy

New lock set fitted due to sticky ignition

Seat professionally recovered

Wheels powder coated and new bearings fitted

I purchased the bike at 28k miles and it has now covered just under 31k. All fluids were changed by the previous owner just prior to purchase. He also carried out the following work:

All callipers stripped, cleaned, painted and fitted with new seals

Valve clearances checked (all within tolerance)

New coils fitted

Lots of bolts and fasteners replaced with stainless steel ones, and some brackets removed and powder coated.

The bike comes with 2 keys and MOT until November.

I will add some more photos soon.

I'm asking a fixed £3500

Thanks for looking!