Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:54 pm

Author Topic: Thieving little toe rags!  (Read 2688 times)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Thieving little toe rags!
« on: 17 March 2012, 09:46:43 pm »
Been out for a ride and meet  today, overall a nice pleasant day out on my pride and joy, stopped at my brothers house on the way home for some tea, the bike parked on the street, right outside his gate. Just sat watching some telly and suddenly my alarm on the bike starts bleeping and goes off. I rushed outside to find the bike laid on its side in the middle of the road and some little scroats high tailing it away from the scene! Didnt bother chasing them (I'm not as fit as I used to be!), so checked out the bike. Apart from a bent clutch lever and some scratches to the belly pan and generator casing all seemed well. When I got home, all of two miles away, I noticed my cooling fan was on! This is a rare happening, especially as its a cool night. Has anyone dropped their bike and discovered any coolant leaking out?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Coolant and ari trapped.
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2012, 10:36:44 pm »
at a guess its possible you might have an air pocket in the cooling system, so just pop the r/h fairing panel of, then the  coolant cap, start the bike, top up the coolant and while drinking a cup of tea let the system bleed any air out. This will be in the forum of bubbles in the coolant. I would get an old rag/tshort and put that around the mouth of thermostat housing house so it catches any coolant etc.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Thieving little toe rags!
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2012, 11:06:26 pm »
Gonna check all the levels tomorrow, so will give that a try thanks. Also gonna have a better look (in the daylight) at any damage on it at the same time. Cheeky little thieving scum, thank goodness its fitted wth an alarm, the sterring lock has a tendancy to not come off so I don't use it normally and for some reason had taken the chain out from under the seat this morning. I never slag off the alarm again (for a while at least) :)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Steering lock not on.
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2012, 01:33:41 am »
Hmm at a guess, I imagine that's why they thought to have a go in the first place...

The steering lock issue is a known one, all you normally have to do is wiggle the bars when turning the key. There is something you can spray down the barrel and ininto the back of the steering lock itself that should fix it. I vaguely remember someone telling me not to put WD40 into the ignition barrel, but I dont see any reason why that cant be used on just the steering lock. To get the the back of the steering lock (even its possible when its still on the bike) you'll need one of those thin but long little pipes that WD40 cans come with.

Btw you should have reported it to police as they 'might' have been willing to send someone round to take prints of the bike, but I say might because they are a lazy bunch of wankers when it comes to minor crimes. The last time one of my bikes got nicked, I was lucky in that it had been reported dumped. When i got there the car it was thrown in the back off was next to the bike, so called the police and told them I would be waiting where I found the bike so I could catch and punish the fuck/s who stole it... funnily enough they were there in 15mins after that.

But even after all that, the finger prints they took didn't result in a conviction...

thedog28

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2012, 08:05:38 am »
utter scum, srry to hear about that m8...

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2012, 11:13:11 am »
Checked the bike this morning in the daylight and apart from said scratches and the bent clutch lever, all is well. Check all the levels and evreything seems ok there.
Memo to self: always use the steering lock and put chain back under seat!
I got off lucky this time :rolleyes

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Thieving little toe rags!
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2012, 09:25:07 pm »
Sorry to hear about what happened now if that was me I would have lost the plot and kicked the sh1t out of em.

Hope you get it all fixed.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2012, 10:24:46 pm »
would have lost the plot and kicked the sh1t out of em.
The truth is, if these scrotes had a genuine fear of this happening to them, less crimes would happen. But use useual the european human right law favours the criminal and not the victim. I am of the mind if they break into my home or try to steal my property they get what you deserve. And if I happen to break a few bones trying to restrain them and defend myself, so be it.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2012, 07:57:44 pm »
^ ^ ^ I'm with him on this one ^ ^ ^

Minty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - TTR-250
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2012, 08:41:38 pm »
Shoot em, stab em or maim them, all in self defence of course!!!