Date: 23-04-24  Time: 19:35 pm

Author Topic: Fazer 8 Wing Mirrors  (Read 1812 times)

richyr46

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Fazer 8 Wing Mirrors
« on: 03 October 2015, 09:01:22 pm »
Anyone else had issues with the wing mirror mechanism. To fit my Fazer 8 in the shed i usually twist them upright. This has never been an easy mechanism and usually needs a bit of force. Only today when I pulled the right mirror up it snapped off!

Not best pleased as just outside warrenty and its £55 for a new one plus labour. I say labour as these wing mirrors don't just bolt on from outside the fairing. You have to remove the whole up fairing for the wing mirrors!

Still thinking about contacting Yamaha Warranty about this  :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 03 October 2015, 09:02:04 pm by richyr46 »

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 8 Wing Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2015, 05:25:12 pm »
Had to do it a couple of times when stopping at a friends a while back and couldn't remember having any problems with them, so I've just nipped into the garage to check them and whilst they need a 'firm' move, they certainly weren't hard or difficult to move (and my bikes a couple of years old now)

Just to clarify though, that was moving the whole stem as one unit, not twisting the actual mirror, don't think they're designed to move much?

There's a couple of pictures of Grandma doing track days with her mirrors in the upright position.
Porquoi moi?