Date: 27-04-24  Time: 05:22 am

Author Topic: Clutch Problem 2014 FZ8  (Read 1855 times)

Mikeee

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Harley Davidson Fat Bob
    • View Profile
Clutch Problem 2014 FZ8
« on: 09 September 2015, 03:16:35 pm »
Hi

I have a problem with the gears on my new FZ8. When I drop the revs off ready to go down the box the clutch isn`t disengaging for a couple of seconds! This means there is still traction at the back wheel. A car pulled up quite suddenly yesterday and meant that I could`nt stop quite as quick as I would have liked. (The car was quite away in front of me and I was not in any real danger on this occasion!). I`m struggling to get a smooth change upwards too, I have to move the gear shifter twice to get the gear.

Anyone experienced the same or have any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers

Mikeee   
Live to ride - Ride to live.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Problem 2014 FZ8
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2015, 04:03:23 pm »
First thing to do is lube the clutch cable and then make sure the clutch is correctly adjusted.
Has it got standard clutch lever on or an aftermarket adjustable  one?
I ask that as I have an aftermarket adjustable on my FZ1 and once when washing it I must have moved the adjuster and the clutch lever would then not pull the cable enough to engage and I could not get it into gear :o

Smurfbud

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - + KTM1190 +GSXR750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2015, 04:55:52 pm »
Sounds like your clutch is not adjusted properly so the plates are not fully disengaging when you pull the lever in ....

Turn the adjuster 1 full turn clockwise when looking from the left of the bike (so you are extending the cable) then test ride and see if there is any improvement ... keep adjusting til sorted ....... you will soon find out
Still a pupil at the school of life ....

Mikeee

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Harley Davidson Fat Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2015, 07:54:21 pm »
It's a standard leaver on the bike slappy. I'm off out on the bike tomorrow, I'll try adjusting the leaver and see if it makes a difference. I think the bike has been stood for a while, I wonder if the plates are sticking.
Live to ride - Ride to live.