Date: 05-05-24  Time: 14:41 pm

Author Topic: First motorcycle  (Read 7932 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: First motorcycle
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2015, 06:18:28 am »
The hole is just to let any condensation out.

Two things that cause a jerky feeling at low revs.

The most likely cause will be that the bike is in good need of a carb balance, which isn't the most terrible of jobs, but only if you have the right equipment which i'd imagine is highly unlikely unfortunately.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,91.msg160372.html#msg160372

A faulty or offset TPS can also upset the feeling of the bike at lower revs too. I've had 2 go wrong on my bike so i tend to know the symptoms now, even if it's just offset.
There is a simple check you can do in a few seconds, but to adjust it if necessary then a special Torx 25 security screwdriver will be needed.
The TPS is the little black plug in gadget sitting on the right side of your carbs.
A quick check can determine whether it needs adjusting, or maybe faulty.

Bear in mind though, to do a decent carb balance, your carb screws must all be set equally, your air filter must be clean, and your TPS needs to be funtioning correctly, although checking it is actually a part of the balancing procedure as well.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,13864.msg156715.html#msg156715

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Gaiare

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 September 2015, 08:58:02 am »
Man, i figured it be the carbs. So i am going to have to get it into a mechanic shop and get the carbs done.
While i am already having work done on it by a shop is there anything else you'd suggest i have them do? valve clearance? something else?

Thinking about switching out the headlights. really the only bad part of this bike, they might as well not be there.

the carb balance will sort the rough idle too im guessing?

Thanks a lot guys.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 September 2015, 01:18:47 pm »
A really clogged up air filter could also make it run rough as well.

Gaiare

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2015, 11:44:56 am »
I suppose it could also be the spark plugs. Basically I'm just going to give the bike to a shop, spend a hundred bucks and get everything done so its done. All the filters, plugs, carb clean and balance, break pads, valve clearance, chain stuff.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2015, 02:25:47 pm »
Because you, and we, have zero history or info on the bike then it will more than likely need a good going over.
Keep a note of anything you do or have done, with mileage noted too, for future reference.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2015, 04:05:08 pm »
Your first mistake was trusting the French...............

You know the reason they smell is so blind people can hate them too :D
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Gaiare

• CBT Wobbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 September 2015, 09:33:12 am »
Yeah the bike runs just fine, but id rather just get it all done and start off on a blank slate. I wish i had more garage room to do the work myself instead of wasting money on a mechanic but what are ya gonna do.

Man if i love the bike this much with unbalanced carbs and probably crappy spark plugs i cant imagine how great this thing is gonna be after the tune up. They are some great bikes.

Yeah probably shouldnt have trusted the French... ill keep that in mind buying my next bike.  :lol