Date: 24-04-24  Time: 17:29 pm

Author Topic: help with removal of alarm and Neutral light issue. Datatool system 3 in the bin  (Read 1532 times)

vinnychoff

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Moto Guzzi California II
    • View Profile
    • Ducati 916 blog
Hi hope you can help me. I have just bought a fzs1000 2002 that has been lying around. Only 8k on the clock from new. The alarm was totally dead so I removed the wiring and with a mechanic friend managed to get it firing. The only issue now is that the neutral light is on all the time even if i disconnect the switch.

The bike runs but this is the only issue. I have all the wiring loom apart until i get the wires connected correctly or source why this is still on.

Has anyone removed a datatool system 3 alarm? Have you any links to a wiring diagram in colour that might help me to work out what has gone wrong?

thanks in advance Vince

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
There are a couple of manuals in the downloads with wiring diagrams. I would expect it to be something simple but finding is often harder than fixing.

characticus

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
What I'd do is;

1. pull plug on relay assembly (behind left hand side panel) and check light goes out (I think it will). If it stays on you a short between the blue/white wire from relay assy to neutral light and ground. reconnect.
2. pull plug on ICU and check light stays on.
3. if both above check out you a short from the light blue wire that runs to neutral switch, ICU and relay assembly. Which is the most likely given the where the alarm will have been wired.

Hope that helps.

Ian

vinnychoff

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Ducati 916 blog
Ian and Andy thanks for your comments. I went to give it another go today and now when i switch the ignition on. the neutral light is out. the tacho keeps sweeping up and down as though a relay is connected to the tacho.
If i connect one of the wires from the loom then i can get the neutral light on but it stays on permanetly.

i must have the wires wrong although it will start and run.

i will look for those diagrams but if anyone can help with how tow work it out i would be grateful. frustrating stuck like this.

characticus

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Tacho bouncing sounds like its signalling an error code. If its going to 7K exup valve is stuck or servo u/s. There are other codes too - there info on here if you search. Sorry don't have a link.

Ian

vinnychoff

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Ducati 916 blog
Ian thanks for that. it was the cables that i had loosened to free off as the bike has been standing a long time. Once i put them back to the way they were. the tacho stopped swinging over

I am still stuck on the wire from the loom. looking at the wiring diagram it comes from the main switch to the alarm.

i still have no neutral and starting.

Thanks for your help so far