Date: 23-04-24  Time: 09:19 am

Author Topic: Battery Terminals Switched ???  (Read 1925 times)

Bisa67

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
Battery Terminals Switched ???
« on: 12 July 2015, 12:11:14 pm »
i have a 2012 fz8 fazer and the original battery (YTZ10S) has given up the ghost. It hasn't done to bad after 3 years. Bought a new battery but the terminals are the other way round to my bike and the original battery. The terminal leads aren't long enough to reach if I try and install the new battery and no matter how hard I try I can't find a battery to buy that has the terminals the same as the factory original.

Has anyone else had this problem or know where I can purchase a battery with the terminals the same as the factory original. 

The original has the positive on the right and on all new versions its on the left.  :'(

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Battery Terminals Switched ???
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2015, 12:01:32 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Not to panick I suppose your new battery is like this one in the picture below. Your old battery was sitting this one needs to lay down.

Just lay down the battery so that the text in the image below with big white + and - signs and PB recycle sign is on the TOP and your positive terminal will be on the right side and the negative on the left side. The text in the picture saying "This battery is filled with acid." must by upside down front vertical battery side facing you.

This means that when laying that battery on its side in the tray the (+) terminal will be located on the right side top corner which will let you connect your cables to it  :lol

« Last Edit: 13 July 2015, 12:09:28 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Bisa67

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2015, 06:34:33 pm »
Thanks Val

Sounds like a good idea although the new battery I have is a lead acid type and so I can't lay it down in any origination other than on its bottom. Think it's a rethink and to purchase an AGM type which will allow the battery to lay on its side and use your solution.

:)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

If you bought an Yuasa YTZ10S then it is designed to lie down with the lettering facing up and the terminals will be on the correct side