Date: 05-05-24  Time: 16:01 pm

Author Topic: TUTORO MOTORCYCLE CHAIN OILER KIT  (Read 7659 times)

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
TUTORO MOTORCYCLE CHAIN OILER KIT
« on: 26 January 2014, 10:01:11 pm »
Has anyone fitted the Tutoro Chain Oiler Kit? I am considering fitting it. It is cheaper than scottoiler kit and easier to fit..

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: TUTORO MOTORCYCLE CHAIN OILER KIT
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2014, 07:32:25 am »
Has anyone fitted the Tutoro Chain Oiler Kit? I am considering fitting it. It is cheaper than scottoiler kit and easier to fit..
Sadly not, as a big fan of Scottoiler which I have used [/size]successfully[/color][/size] for years on various bikes. Now have dual system on Fazer8, hit a bit of a glitch due to shape of swinging arm, which is tapered and an airlock, now working well with aid of insulating tape over cable ties to stop them sliding out of position and priming the system again.[/color]
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2014, 08:19:59 am »
You mean the automatic one I presume? I've got one fitted to my Speed Triple. Didn't want to mess with the fuel injection, and the Tuturo one works on movement. Results are a bit mixed. Works fine in principle, but oiling is a bit intermittent. Sometimes it flows fine and others it stops. I might not have it set up right and I'm using Scottoil in it which might be a bit too thick. For a self fit I'd have gone for a Scottoiler if you've got carbs

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2014, 11:28:36 am »
You mean the automatic one I presume? I've got one fitted to my Speed Triple. Didn't want to mess with the fuel injection, and the Tuturo one works on movement. Results are a bit mixed. Works fine in principle, but oiling is a bit intermittent. Sometimes it flows fine and others it stops. I might not have it set up right and I'm using Scottoil in it which might be a bit too thick. For a self fit I'd have gone for a Scottoiler if you've got carbs
Have had Scottoilers single feed on  R6 & Fazer 1000 (Carbs) and R1 and Fazer 8 (Injectors), only one had a glitch which is the most recent when tried the dual for the first time, now sorted at 2 drips a minute.

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2014, 11:47:41 am »
I've got a Tutoro that I pulled off a few months back. Was working fine as far as flow goes, just had a chew on getting the 'Y' end to hug the sprocket correctly and got frustrated.

Will be looking at fitting it again when time allows, so if anyone has fitting tips (especially for the 'Y' end) I'd be most grateful.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2014, 07:39:12 pm »
Hightower - which oil do you use in yours? and have you got the auto one or the small constant drip one ?

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2014, 07:57:39 am »
I have the auto one - before the first 'Y' end smashed on the sprocket it worked well, sometimes need to adjust the screw slightly for colder/warmer weather but that was it.

I use the oil provided by Tutoro. Never seen a scottoiler so can't comment how it compares in terms of thickness.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2014, 09:44:19 am »
I've got one. The cheapest twin feed.

I didn't quite get nozzle right and the sprocket ripped it off on the first outing!

New nozzle from eBay for £7 and I'm back in business.

I also forgot to turn it off a few times since. Cue a puddle of oil on the floor and the need to re-prime the system!

I've got a vacuum fuel tap from a scooter  to plum into the carbs so it turns off automatically.

Overall. I think its OK for the money!
« Last Edit: 11 February 2014, 09:45:02 am by apage16 »

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2014, 10:33:01 am »
Any chance you can post some pictures of your nozzle fitting and pipe path so we can see what works best?

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
Hi NitinMany thanks for your message and interest in our products, I can confirm that Scott oil will work fine in all TUTORO oilers.Kind regards,Jude IbbitsonTUTORO Ltdwww.tutorochainoiler.com
« Last Edit: 11 February 2014, 05:25:07 pm by nickm »

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2014, 05:19:22 pm »
Have had Scottoilers single feed on  R6 & Fazer 1000 (Carbs) and R1 and Fazer 8 (Injectors), only one had a glitch which is the most recent when tried the dual for the first time, now sorted at 2 drips a minute.

I was told by Scottoil that they do not recommend dual injector on FZ8. Seems like I'll be fitting Scottoiler...

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 February 2014, 01:39:15 am »
Any chance you can post some pictures of your nozzle fitting and pipe path so we can see what works best?

I have got a bunch of pics. But after (smugly) mentioning it, the sprocket has 'eaten' the twin feed nozzle again.

£7 / week is turning out to be a bit expensive. Problem is that the holes in my sprockets are extremely close to the teeth. So the nozzle only has to wobble a few mm either way and it gets munched.

Back to the drawing board it seems...

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

I have got a bunch of pics. But after (smugly) mentioning it, the sprocket has 'eaten' the twin feed nozzle again.

£7 / week is turning out to be a bit expensive. Problem is that the holes in my sprockets are extremely close to the teeth. So the nozzle only has to wobble a few mm either way and it gets munched.

Back to the drawing board it seems...

I think you might have to use a single instead of Y. I was told by Scottoiler  not to use twin nozzle so I think it would be the same with Tutoro..

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2014, 03:17:03 am »

I was told by Scottoil that they do not recommend dual injector on FZ8. Seems like I'll be fitting Scottoiler...
Not FZ8 it is Fazer 8, problem was with swinging arm, as tapered allowing too much movement , so taped over cable ties to stop them sliding and moving nozzles out of place, now working like a dream. Prior to that was chewing up nozzles.guess as same chassis as FZ8 same problem :'(

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2014, 08:33:20 am »

Not FZ8 it is Fazer 8, problem was with swinging arm, as tapered allowing too much movement , so taped over cable ties to stop them sliding and moving nozzles out of place, now working like a dream.

I have fitted the scottoiler and now I will try fitting the dual injector. Could you if possible post a photo of what you've done...thanks.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2014, 08:36:06 am by nickm »

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 March 2014, 06:05:46 am »

Not FZ8 it is Fazer 8, problem was with swinging arm, as tapered allowing too much movement , so taped over cable ties to stop them sliding and moving nozzles out of place, now working like a dream.

I have fitted the scottoiler and now I will try fitting the dual injector. Could you if possible post a photo of what you've done...thanks.
Will try and take one later today as have grandsons all day and school runs etc. Resevoir under seat, and once nozzles in position on sprockect, taped over cable ties to stop them moving, so oil drips in correct place. Think my glitch also was with an air lock, so just primed it again, and has been working fine for weeks now after problems with movement and chewing up nozzles and oil not coming through.